Small knife challenge.

Now the months done were you happy with your small knife

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today I have a RR small Barlow and a DE IMPERIAL Peanut.
You're really making me want to carry my carbon steel imperial peanut, so I think I'll toss it into my pocket my pocket along with the 33OT for the month.
I may not use it much as I'm really enjoying the 33OT and how I don't notice it's blade play during use, but I love it so much that I just gotta carry it.

I been carrying a dragonfly for years with a larger knife or just the df. Sometimes with a cadet and the df. but its not challenge, the df can handle anything and it does it better than lost of my larger knives.
EWr9pR4.png
All that, and a gamer too!

You're really making me want to carry my carbon steel imperial peanut, so I think I'll toss it into my pocket my pocket along with the 33OT for the month.
I may not use it much as I'm really enjoying the 33OT and how I don't notice it's blade play during use, but I love it so much that I just gotta carry it.

My DE Imperial dead headed the Roses today's opens mail and opened an new baby crescent wrench.

Heck, I live in the small knife challenge everyday! I wear slacks at work so I usually drop a Vic Classic in one pocket and some sort of slip-joint in the other, deep pocket carry.

lately it's been a Buck 55 in a handmade leather pocket slip, but the Spyderco DF, and Case Sod Buster JR get their turns pretty regularly too!

I'm in. I am on the second day of EDCing a high flat ground DFK Ti Backpacker with a 2.5 blade length. Used it to open a few honey sticks for the kids at a local farmer's market. Less is more...As in more room in my right pocket where a large folder would be clipped.

Currently don't own a real peanut. I have a pen knife (Western brand) that is sub-3" closed. Don't really carry it. A while back due to Carl's influence, I purchased a small Hen & Rooster stockman (3.3" closed). Carried it for a couple months and it did just fine for my normal cutting. But ultimately, I stopped carrying it because I simply like a larger traditional. My normal carry is a 108mm SAK, and that is not likely to change. I add other knives from time to time to carry, but the SAK does the lion's share of the cutting. People have mentioned the Vic Classic for it's size.... just don't care for it.

Tried carrying a Condor Mini-Bushlore (about 3" blade). I can live with that, but I just don't carry fixed blades often.

I believe your right and it fun to learn about DE history. So far every one of my 3 inch or under knifes have done the job I needed them to do! It's been fun so far.

I was doing some projects today that I knew I'd need a small pliers. So I dropped the box cutter from my pocket and carried the Leatherman squirt. Broke down a few boxes, opened my mail, cut some jute twine to tie up some loose items. Little blade did well, no complaints.

bigger size does not always mean bigger utility, here are two kings of the minimalist EDC mindset

CAM02874_zpsdgaguijx.jpg

I have carried this HAP ManBug and/or a leatherman Squirt ps4 every day since you started this challenge. It's nice how the ManBug vanishes into the coin pocket.

e5ADQfSJvMEv8UJTHCD7wZFV_7OuRoZAw2oluxGwyMyxo-fioAO0CEwy8CRhtsoZLz3XARaiP2jgiFYDS2Ed7ZrV6NfehPP4X-5fXmra4j6BZIwPZ98qm_ftmaFYokndgCm0ltTAPfi-CseW2F8Ssgy55U-88MyFV8v8DM5gN4-Oa_siEfEOskkvI28eWBkgoIUtXC85tkH6hBMT8jZa7N2OXdmZJsrDYzHUHz7uoFecPJhRtX2jRU3rFyoknT2Punlp_J3yfwJ6d0EFgW0dCibn8i3uWepsKriuDSvfIv2_cB1qp1nylD2M0Fz21BFpZMaX-HyvntjGO-ipT77sh7cBhM6xSObQyd6KDyb1jf7ew4j09t7Kxk2ee59vv31hdAB9clBhZkA0BcewA6V0gT04db953P42_7Dp3Z0et8pKsTlvhYKF8ZtAoWNOqOESb-gGG8ythL7pCigGa2tMkVWZkndqkmfZsdPI3cP1jQeQJeMlKhswVzQN2H2xcRPe9Q5xWVXmY08ba_AVTbIWPKM96IAx37b_Jt5k1SZcS5BDaLJu1QVS81Yfl4NB5aFryEq_cuJMH6eZGpI9vYG6-mE59I7aohK10OyDqjNB1hvxcUGR4UDe=w2592-h1456-no

Today I have a Vic Classic SD and a Spyderco Manbug G10 in my pocket. Works for me.

Majority of my knives have blade lengths < 80mm, i guess that automatically qualifies me for this challenge?

Anyway, the knife that always follows me in my little tool bag is the ol' reliable Gerber EVO Jr. For a 'junky' brand that supposedly sells overpriced knives with mystery steel, this folder has handled every cutting task I have thrown against it, and then some. Even the TiNi coating is all scruffed up. And it's super easy to sharpen as well.

14aap6w.jpg

2niz34.jpg

Back