1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Small knife challenge.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by deltaboy, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Carried the OT 72 and a China Buck Friday.
    Today I switched to my Saturday Saber Stockman, and my DE Imperial.

2. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Welcome to challenge we will be having fun till July 1st.

3. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Some how i missed this thread. I have at times carried only a Vic. Classic and a Case Peanut and gotten by just fine. Ive done that for at least a month straight without any problems.
    Lately i have been carrying a large locking along with a traditional or sak. The smaller slip-joint does 90% of the work. Rarely do i really need the larger stronger knife. I just like them so i carry them.

4. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    The 33OT is still getting the job done perfectly. The thin chisel ground blade of the micra does get used for some special tasks like shaving burrs off of stuff, but everything else is strictly for the OT.

5. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Enjoy the rest of the month.

6. Phydeaux

Phydeaux

Mar 4, 2006
    Carried a 2 blade Case Pen knife for 2-3 years in jr. high school. That was the only knife I had.

7. adamlau

adamlau

Oct 13, 2002
    lol...I failed this challenge :( . Had to check on a tripped alarm today and felt the need to pack something more substantial than a three-and-under...

8. Frisky

Frisky

Dec 1, 2010
    Not sure how I missed this thread. A few days ago, I did a writeup on a pocket knife for life, where I showed off my 2007 red Delrin Case peanut and explained how I'm starting to carry it to see if it's "the one." That was in a traditional bowhunting forum. We had a pretty good discussion, with many photos, as folks showed off their carry knives. So, I'll take part in this challenge and report on my findings.

Joe

9. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Smalls. Looking to add a CRKT Pilar to the mix as soon as a reasonable retailer has them back in stock.

10. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    My DE IMPERIAL PEANUT, cut some lose threads, cut my Cinnamon roll in half, cleaned my finger nails, washed it up and cut some meat and cheese.

11. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    So far all I cut today was a hunk of cheese and a piece of paper in half, but I still haven't gone a day without using it since it entered my pocket.

12. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Today I carried a SAK, a 72OT by Taylor and a 8OT Taylor Ironwood STOCKMAN.

13. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Same today!

14. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Still with the Vic classic. Did some fishing today on the San Gabriel river here in town, and the classic trimmed rising line, and cut open the plastic wrapper on some Danish Havarti cheese to go with the Ritz crackers while I waited for a bite.

Fooled around with some chert, this part of Texas is loaded with the stuff, and it fractures into a razor sharp edge when broken. It cut right through Jute twine in one cut.

[​IMG]

15. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Cool I am playing with mine all this week.

16. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I carry a 3" fixed and a large Classic Sebbie. There are five or six SAKs around the house, but I seldom use them. They can be useful, of course, but I prefer a larger and more heavy-duty blade...."just because."

17. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Carried my knifes all week, the RR PEANUT did good work.

18. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

19. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    RR PEANUT, trimmed the dead roses,opened some blister packs and cut some other stuff.

20. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Same exact stuff I used my 33OT for yesterday.