Small Sebenza Full Back Spacer...

Quick question: once you have installed this backspacer, what is securing the lanyard pin in place?

Thanks.

Quick question: once you have installed this backspacer, what is securing the lanyard pin in place?

Thanks.

The lanyard pin on small Sebenzas is shouldered and will remain in place on its own (no lanyard required). On the large Sebenza the lanyard pin is not shouldered and it will fall out without a lanyard on it. That's actually why BOOMER52's backspacer works with the small Sebenza. Without the shouldered pin there would be nothing to keep the spacer from rotating around the rear backspacer (as it's currently designed). He's working on a solution for the larges and has details in another thread:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/large-sebenza-insingo-full-back-spacers.1492057/#post-17154972

Hello. Do you have to disassemble the knife to install? Thanks

Since the lanyard pin is shouldered you will need to disassemble the knife to install the backspacer.

The lanyard pin on small Sebenzas is shouldered and will remain in place on its own (no lanyard required). On the large Sebenza the lanyard pin is not shouldered and it will fall out without a lanyard on it. That's actually why BOOMER52's backspacer works with the small Sebenza. Without the shouldered pin there would be nothing to keep the spacer from rotating around the rear backspacer (as it's currently designed). He's working on a solution for the larges and has details in another thread:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/large-sebenza-insingo-full-back-spacers.1492057/#post-17154972

Since the lanyard pin is shouldered you will need to disassemble the knife to install the backspacer.
Thank you photoman12001 photoman12001 !
You just made me realize I have never taken the lanyard off my small Insingo ... thought it was the same as the large.
That will be a tricky problem to solve for the large - unless a clearance fit will be enough ... (probably not) ... overdrill the hole and glue a small o-ring in it? Anyway, I ramble ...
Thanks again!

Installed micarta versions on my pair of Classics with micarta inlays...very nice.

_DSC5019%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpslz3ixodj.jpg

_DSC5029%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsnixft8nr.jpg

Outstandamnding...!!! Your photography skills are STELLAR...!!! Understanding now I am your Forum handle...

YUP... Micarta back spacers are slated for July once I get the shop up and running again...!

THANKS for posting these terrific photos...!!!

Steve

Outstandamnding...!!! Your photography skills are STELLAR...!!! Understanding now I am your Forum handle...

YUP... Micarta back spacers are slated for July once I get the shop up and running again...!

THANKS for posting these terrific photos...!!!

Steve

brand new to this forum. any chance you have a micarta backspacer for small sebenza avail?
Nothing at this time.

I've begun to machine and offer these in small batches every so often. I'll announce the next availability here but I do not have a time frame for when that might happen...

Nothing at this time.

I've begun to machine and offer these in small batches every so often. I'll announce the next availability here but I do not have a time frame for when that might happen...
cool, thank you. hope to get one whenever they're avail again.

I'm machining a batch run of the carbon fiber back spacers for the small Sebenza and Insingo. A small design change has been incorporated to eliminate any potential blade contact at the swell around the stock round spacer. I eliminated the swell. Carbon fiber is sufficiently stiff enough and this new open region eliminates the potential contact point.

I'm running off a batch of twelve... LVA 1 X 1 checkerboard carbon fiber... and these will show up in the Marketplace when I finish them up. First come - first served basis...

I'll post here giving everyone following a head's up when these are available.

WAGMosA.jpg

3uySnLm.jpg

F0bk9mt.jpg

I've finished the machining of a batch of the carbon fiber back spacers for the Small Sebenza/Insingo.

They are needing the final thickness stropping on the surfacing plate and then these will be going into the Marketplace.

Something came up that will delay these from going up on the Marketplace... not sure when now... it'll be several days until I know when.

Last edited:
It took a lot longer than I anticipated to get the feedback I was looking for on these Small 21 1X1 checkerboard LVA carbon fiber back spacers. Based on that feedback I'm confident that this latest batch of back spacers will fit all three blade styles... the drop point... the Insingo... and the tanto.

This is the feedback I received regarding the fit with a tanto blade style...
"The tanto is great! I checked and triple checked and its perfect! Like literally perfect! I would say sell them to tanto owners. My blade tip is VERY close BUT does clear the spacer. I think mine might be an example of the extreme side. Pleasantly shocked it fit... and it look amazing!"

So into the EXCHANGE these EIGHT carbon fiber back spacers go...!

Last edited:
Back