Smoke Jumper

yeah i missed this one real bummer,anybody have extras let me know- thanks

hello, i order a smoke jumper and it was cancelled due to no shipping to australia at $38 + $13 as per checkout. 2 weeks later it was shipped and delivered $38 + $15 to australia. i know it is only 2$ but if i got the first order then i could have ordered more. there is side to side play as expected from plastic handle. i know cpm 154 is high quality but SKblades disappoints in customer services

hello, i order a smoke jumper and it was cancelled due to no shipping to australia at $38 + $13 as per checkout. 2 weeks later it was shipped and delivered $38 + $15 to australia. i know it is only 2$ but if i got the first order then i could have ordered more. there is side to side play as expected from plastic handle. i know cpm 154 is high quality but SKblades disappoints in customer services
Wow, the man ships it half way around the world for you in a relatively short time for $15 and he has bad customer service?? I’m sure his profit on that knife was less than the shipping cost, not to mention the extra hassle to do the paperwork, you should be thanking him! Just my opinion, you are welcome to yours. Enjoy the knife, it’s worth twice that price!

Wow, the man ships it half way around the world for you in a relatively short time for $15 and he has bad customer service?? I’m sure his profit on that knife was less than the shipping cost, not to mention the extra hassle to do the paperwork, you should be thanking him! Just my opinion, you are welcome to yours. Enjoy the knife, it’s worth twice that price!
i said if i got the first order i could have bought more before they are out of stock, the $2 is just added annoyance after the order was cancelled by SKblades stating no shipping to australia then change shipping policy

when I ordered the 2nd time i was not even sure my order would be cancelled or not then it is out of stock before i received shipping confirmation. that is bad service

when I ordered the 2nd time i was not even sure my order would be cancelled or not then it is out of stock before i received shipping confirmation. that is bad service
This had to be when there was only a few left in stock. Last I saw there were 12 left. Don't knock SK.. We all know better and how good his customer service is. Selling out at the same time as your ordering. Maybe someone was hitting the payment button before your transaction ended.

sk's a small operation from what I can tell. might even be a one man operation? dont know never asked, but he personally and quickly responds to every email I've ever sent. sure he makes a mistake once in a rare while....like we all do..........but he always makes good and does the best he can. that's been my experience.

I appreciate the risks he takes bringing us these higher end upgraded bucks. it's a lot of cash to put down with no guarantee of a good return or even a return.

being mad about 2 bucks seems silly unless I'm misunderstanding?

edit part.....sk would want to address this himself properly, i really shouldn't be speaking for him. it ain't right......... skblades skblades

Last edited:
i said if i got the first order i could have bought more before they are out of stock, the $2 is just added annoyance after the order was cancelled by SKblades stating no shipping to australia then change shipping policy
Sorry I came on strong with my reaction to your post. I have no association with this dealer other than I have received excellent service from him. It just sounds like he went against his policy to try and help you get a knife and then received a negative review on a public forum for his efforts. I’m sure he would have liked to sell you two knives. My guess is there will be more available in the future based on the popularly and there should be a blue handled droppoint available too. I hope you enjoy the knife and will share with us how the knife performs for you.

Yes a very interesting review indeed. I'd be happy to refund the $2 if it made a difference. As others have stated here, the knife sold out very quickly. Maybe you could explain what the problem was more thoroughly because I'm not sure I understand? Is it that we did not offer shipping to Australia when you first ordered, and then I was able to add it later, thus causing you to miss out on ordering another knife?

Just for your understanding, I have only offered shipping to the US and Canada. I tried adding other countries but ran into a lot of trouble with Russia, so then pulled back. After some more requests from a few other Australians, I was able to figure out the Australian shipping. I'm sorry the timing was bad for you in this circumstance, and it kills me to be criticized when I'm truly doing my best over here. If I could do anything to fix it, let me know.

Just for your understanding, I have only offered shipping to the US and Canada. I tried adding other countries but ran into a lot of trouble with Russia, so then pulled back. After some more requests from a few other Australians, I was able to figure out the Australian shipping. I'm sorry the timing was bad for you in this circumstance, and it kills me to be criticized when I'm truly doing my best over here. If I could do anything to fix it, let me know.
I would like to buy and not get order cancelled. i would buy only budget version of your excellent knives so i do not expect any favour. the $2 is just annoyance after my first order was cancelled then you allow shipping to australia again WITHOUT notifying as I SUBSCRIBED to your website. I was not sure when I ordered the 2nd time whether it would be cancelled. Of course I would buy again now I know you allow shipping to australia.

Yes a very interesting review indeed. I'd be happy to refund the $2 if it made a difference. As others have stated here, the knife sold out very quickly. Maybe you could explain what the problem was more thoroughly because I'm not sure I understand? Is it that we did not offer shipping to Australia when you first ordered, and then I was able to add it later, thus causing you to miss out on ordering another knife?
yes you are right: estimated delivery of the 1st order would have allowed me to order more when your SUBSCRIBED email stated 14 smoke jumpers remaining. I mean if I had the knife in my hand i would have the choice to buy more after inspection. I just could not order more than one blindly. I am happy I got one but your SUBSCRIBED email NOTIFY AVAILABILITY not CHANGE OF SHIPPING POLICY

Just to chime in...this is my first experience ordering from SKBlades and I found the ordering experience to be easy, and the delivered product shipped well packaged and timely.

An excellent value on an excellent knife.

I will be ordering again in the future and also sharing my experience with friends and family.

i wish to sum up my complaint. here are the points i tried to make
1. i accept shipping policy of the seller : but i was able to check out successfully for my first order that mean shipping to australia allowed > then the email update cancelled my order.
2. subscribed email notified 14 items remaining but NOT CHANGE in shipping policy

both these points stopped me from having a choice of ordering more
you might say i should order more than 1 when there are 14 remaining

1. i could not order more than 1 because i am unsure i will like the item
2. when i order the 2nd time and check out successfully i did not know whether my order would be cancelled

i read great reviews from the forum about SKblades. i am happy i got one smoke jumper. my point is that hoping not to miss next budget deal from seller .

The Smoke Jumper was my first order from SKblades. I honestly don't know how he was able to offer this knife for the price he did. The entire experience was flawless. I will definitely order from him in the future.

The Smoke Jumper was not technically my first order from SKBlades, but it was the first "regular" SFO I was able to afford ordering from SKBlades, and everything about the process was smooth and positive. So much so, that after my first Smoke Jumper was stolen, I ordered another.

On that note, the Smoke Jumper is a very high quality knife that is so affordable I feel okay keeping it in my car. The quality is high enough that I enjoy using it, and the design is an excellent workhorse. If SKBlades runs another batch I may buy another one or two.

Back