Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, look at all the rich Toyota owners all in one place. :p

Looks like a great time out man, thanks for sharing. Kayaking down the river looks so peaceful. BTW, I could have never jumped off that cliff, haha.

Oh, and also, how come during the double biceps pose, your biceps fell down through your triceps? Never seen that happen before. :D

It was a blast and we are already planning the next one and camping overnight. Met a bunch of Alabama folks on a Toyota forum and I put this ride together at one of our favorite places, Little River Canyon!

The jump looks high, but it's only a step off the cliff! As for my arms, I think my triceps are bigger than my biceps.

good stuff 91b & mtm!

Thanks Erik, we had a blast!

On Memorial Day with the BK11 (and a water bottle of course) on my belt, the boy and I went for a hike up to Ramapo Lake and walked the 4 mile trail around it to catch some Bucketmouths. Had a great time caught six lost 2, and my son caught a lovely snot rocket.

This was the biggest of the 6:
20190527_100059-1134x2016.jpg
And the snot rocket:
20190527_112005-1134x2016.jpg

On Memorial Day with the BK11 (and a water bottle of course) on my belt, the boy and I went for a hike up to Ramapo Lake and walked the 4 mile trail around it to catch some Bucketmouths. Had a great time caught six lost 2, and my son caught a lovely snot rocket.

This was the biggest of the 6:
View attachment 1137280
And the snot rocket:
View attachment 1137281
PERFECT :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Positively post-apocalyptic here today. Had an early start to wildfire season in AB, with a big’un outta control way up north. Air is super thick with smoke; by noon the streetlights were on it was so dark. Snapped a pic when I got home, after it had cleared up a bit:

Never seen the sky so dark and red. RIP my lungs...

Positively post-apocalyptic here today. Had an early start to wildfire season in AB, with a big’un outta control way up north. Air is super thick with smoke; by noon the streetlights were on it was so dark. Snapped a pic when I got home, after it had cleared up a bit:

Crazy man, stay safe.

Yuck! Hopefully they get that sucker out asap .

Last edited:
Had a short daytrip just across the border in Germany today. Sorry there's no Becker in the pics (heresy!).

First we visited Vogelsang. It's a large complex built in the thirties. It was used by Nazi Germany to school SS youth in Nazi doctrine. After the war it became NATO property and was used as barracks and comms center.

kedavq.jpg

25s9xlf.jpg

After a 3km hike we arrived at an abandoned village called Wollseifen. It had some houses built by NATO to be used in military training as well. Both my dad and some former colleagues had military exercises here in the seventies and eighties, when Belgium still had an obligatory draft. It kinda reminds me of some of those ghost towns they built in the US to be destroyed with nukes afterwards.

1zecf4g.jpg

2a0ny9l.jpg

Here's a small Esee cr2.5
nppco5.jpg

Afterwards we had some delicious schnitzel at Monschau and a calm ride home.
I thought some of you might enjoy some military history so here goes. That's all folks!

Had a short daytrip just across the border in Germany today. Sorry there's no Becker in the pics (heresy!).

First we visited Vogelsang. It's a large complex built in the thirties. It was used by Nazi Germany to school SS youth in Nazi doctrine. After the war it became NATO property and was used as barracks and comms center.

kedavq.jpg

25s9xlf.jpg

After a 3km hike we arrived at an abandoned village called Wollseifen. It had some houses built by NATO to be used in military training as well. Both my dad and some former colleagues had military exercises here in the seventies and eighties, when Belgium still had an obligatory draft. It kinda reminds me of some of those ghost towns they built in the US to be destroyed with nukes afterwards.

1zecf4g.jpg

2a0ny9l.jpg

Here's a small Esee cr2.5
nppco5.jpg

Afterwards we had some delicious schnitzel at Monschau and a calm ride home.
I thought some of you might enjoy some military history so here goes. That's all folks!
Cool pics GShark! Kinda jealous of the history Europe has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back