Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those backyards need to be started up on a regular basis. :D
PpMjAO3.png

~~

New knife day for moi...

First time in a dozen years I got some money back on my tax return. Actually got to spend some on myself. Currently sanding the scales and treating the sheath.
Cool beans man, congrats. Photos whence you are done please.

New knife day for moi...

First time in a dozen years I got some money back on my tax return. Actually got to spend some on myself. Currently sanding the scales and treating the sheath.
NICE! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree, when I took it for a drive, I found out how much of a monster it really is! I have to rethink my front suspension because of the sheer weight of it. I'll call the local spring shop back that added leaves to it before. I need an expert opinion, they set me up perfectly last time with just the right amount of lift.
I think a rear locker would have been the better upgrade at this point. I like what I hear about Ox lockers. :cool:

I just happened to look out of the shop today in the afternoon, and I saw a smaller bird chasing around after a red tailed hawk. Nothing new, at first I thought it was a mockingbird. Then the hawk pulled wings in close, nose dived, and plunged about 15 or 20 feet right toward another bird flying below it, that I hadn't noticed, and CAUGHT IT IN MID AIR, (which was obviously a pigeon), and with the smaller bird, (the pigeon's mate) in hot pursuit, made its way to a nearby power pole to land with its prey. Right about then I kind of freaked out because I got to witness the capture. :eek: When I turned around, and back again, there came another hawk, which immediately joined in on the fresh kill, (obviously a family member or mate of the first hawk), and they both commenced to feasting. Dead pigeons lying around on the ground are not new to me, but watching the kill right in front of me was extraordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back