1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by tanglediver, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Aikiguy

Aikiguy

Aug 28, 2013
    ...’cause they can’t walk hardly...?

DunkEm, tanglediver and GeofS like this.
  2. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Yup! :p

DunkEm, tanglediver and GeofS like this.
  3. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Just re-hung this little vintage Stanley 2lb sledge. It's not quite right for bladesmithing, but it's easier to swing than the also-not-right 3lb sledge! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Xr6x, DunkEm, Aikiguy and 3 others like this.
  4. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    my favorite hammer is a 2.25 pound (1000 gram) swedish pattern - a little time on one face of that should make a decent rounding hammer, while leaving the other side mostly flat -- with some edge relief.

daizee, tanglediver and GeofS like this.
  5. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Here's a cross pein Atha I rehung a while back.
    [​IMG]

Xr6x and GeofS like this.
  6. daizee

Dec 30, 2009
    I've got a fancy cross-pein coming from Hilltop Forge, which should be here soon. Very excited for that. That'll probably be my goto, with this smaller one as a backup.

I sell someone a knife and turn around and buy a hammer. :rolleyes:

Just watched a video on rounding hammers. Cool. Perhaps I will modify the old Stanley.

Bladite, GeofS, Xr6x and 1 other person like this.
  7. tanglediver

Sep 2, 2013
    I've heard those little 2 pounders called "drilling hammers". I've got one of my own, I think it is at work. I attempted to round over one side, I thought it was a neat idea. I am working on a stand right now for a 70 pound JHM basic farrier's anvil. I have to remove the rear legs and attach them right this time. :confused:

GeofS likes this.
  8. daizee

Dec 30, 2009
    YES, the label on the new haft said "drilling" something or other! Had no idea what that meant, but it was the only one that was clearly the exact replacement. Thanks for reminding me. Google-time.

GeofS and tanglediver like this.
  9. daizee

Dec 30, 2009
    Heads-up folks, got a couple items up in the exchange.

10. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    That bird and trout is freaking gorgeous.

Xr6x, GeofS and daizee like this.
  11. Kentwood33

Kentwood33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Just realized that my # of messages matched my BH # Screenshot_2019-09-19-19-45-33.png

12. daizee

Dec 30, 2009
    Thanks, Dubz. If it were big enough for your mitts I'd be doin' the hard sell. ;)

13. tanglediver

Sep 2, 2013
    Well we don't see many beaver ponds round SoCal, and if we did, some dern fool would cry and moan about busting open a dam.
    So, I'll have to watch ya'llz.

1066vik, Xr6x and 91bravo like this.
  14. GeofS

GeofS Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Summer is over. I started a new thread. Let the Fall snark commence. :thumbsup:

Xr6x likes this.
  15. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Looks to me like this one still has 126 posts to go. :thumbsup:

125 now. ;)

GeofS, Xr6x and tanglediver like this.
  16. tanglediver

Sep 2, 2013
    That feeling you get when there is still one more spoonful of ice cream all around the bottom of the tub. :oops:

GeofS and Xr6x like this.
  17. daizee

Dec 30, 2009
    That feeling doesn't last very long.

GeofS, Xr6x and tanglediver like this.
  18. tanglediver

Sep 2, 2013
    Neither do old, dusty snark threads. Nope, nope, nope.
    Took a walk up to the falls Sunday afternoon. It is still running cool and clear, even this late in the season.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    GeofS and Xr6x like this.
  19. DunkEm

DunkEm Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Still feels pretty tropical to me despite what the calendar says.

GeofS, tanglediver and Xr6x like this.
  20. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I'am ready, still hot here .

GeofS and tanglediver like this.