1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by tanglediver, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Dang, our bow season opens Oct. 15 and ends around Feb. 10. We can kill a buck and a doe a day, or two does a day, with a 3 buck limit for the season.

I haven't ever lost any deer with the Slick Trick heads.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Archery has come such a long way with all the improvements in gear. :thumbsup:

91bravo likes this.
  3. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Elite GT500 74lbs 28" of draw.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I need to see if they offer crossbow heads -- that 4-blade design probably won't fit the rails.
    how big are your deer? last year I got a 95 pound button. a couple years ago it was a 185-ish pound doe, which is on the high side of medium for us.
    I can have 1 buck and up to 4 does.

Xr6x and tanglediver like this.
  5. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Average doe is around 120-180 for mature does. 150-240lb for mature bucks. Depending on what part of the state you hunt in. My wall hanger dressed out at 205 lbs.

Xr6x likes this.
  6. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    nice! so a little smaller than ours on average, but nothing like the "large dog sized" ones closer to the coast.

Xr6x and 91bravo like this.
  7. GeofS

GeofS Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Have you guys seen this...
    [​IMG]
    This is what I want @OFFICIAL_KA-BAR to do. Full tang, not stick tang. :thumbsup:

tanglediver, Xr6x and The Warrior like this.
  8. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    I always thought KA-BAR would do better with full tang myself. Yet, the stick tang has been their tradition for years.

tanglediver, GeofS and Xr6x like this.
  9. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Yea, the lightweight of the stick tang is probably important when carrying a lot of heavy gear. I personally prefer the espoused tang Knifes myself and is why I would take the BK7 over the 1217 and over the Blade above :D

tanglediver and GeofS like this.
  10. DunkEm

DunkEm Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Dang it! My DVR missed it. Hope it was a great experience and that I catch it in reruns.

Xr6x likes this.
  11. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Went for a bunny trail ride this morning!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    took the crossbow out to sight it in - 2" high at 10 yards, dead on at 20 & 50.
    almost shoots completely through the big, black layered foam target cube at 50 - which also strips the plastic fletching from the stock bolts. :(

helped a buddy sight in a couple of .22s at 100, then we went for a woods walk to see if there were any squirrel as stupid as us (there weren't) while we scouted out where to set up for deer hunting once the temps are a little more reasonable.
    But we stopped in the trees, fired up the twig stove, and cooked steaks for lunch, then found a dead pine tree full of fatwood -- about 3' of its trunk is sitting on my front porch now.

Xr6x, DunkEm, 91bravo and 2 others like this.
  13. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    That knife would weigh less if they put an actual cutting grind on it.

Xr6x and GeofS like this.
  14. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    but then it wouldn't survive all the abuse as well.
    also important to note -- Kabar makes them, but the US government designed them - and Kabar can't change the design or they won't meet spec any longer, even if the change might be an improvement.

tanglediver, Xr6x and GeofS like this.
  15. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    Monday is the first day of fall -- it was in the 90's again today, but the humidity was only 45%, so it was pretty comfortable, compared to the previous few days.

in other news - do you know how the werewolf got out of jury duty?

he used a loup-hole..........

now, start posting, or I'll start telling more dad jokes!

16. DunkEm

DunkEm Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2013
    I don't get it.

Edit - Google helped

tanglediver likes this.
  17. tanglediver

Sep 2, 2013
    A cowboy and a fisherman walk into a 19th century saloon followed by the cowboys horse and a swordfish caught by the fisherman. They all sit down at the bar, ...
    Oh look at the time! :eek:

GeofS likes this.
  18. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    2 guys walked into a chemistry bar.
    the first one said "I'll have a glass of H2O"
    the second one said "I'll have a glass of H2O too!"
    the second one died.

19. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Why do Penguins walk softly?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    GeofS and tanglediver like this.
  20. tanglediver

Sep 2, 2013
    ...so the bar keep places a bottle of whiskey in front of the horse and the fish. He says, "You two look to be needin' a pick-me-up to cure those long faces."

DunkEm and GeofS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.