Sneak Peek At The New Busse Custom Shop Bowie Knife! ! ! ! ! . . . .

Well boys, I got mine yesterday and am in TOTAL LOVE. I thought I remembered how good the blade felt in hand, but now that knowledge is a truth. Like Klink, I would like to have seen a wood handle but for whatever reason (probably strenght) the micarta was used. As soon as I get feeling better there will be some pics of the awesome blade.

Congrats man ! I am really envious. I hope to buy one if Jerry makes it possible and I'll be able to pay for it.

Looks interesting but not a fan of the guard. It seems thick for my taste and I am not in general a fan of guards.

bussebluegrassbowie.jpg

(Blue grass bowie)

Also is 0.320 really necessary? It seems a bit too thick for a bowie, but I'm sure Jerry knows that he is doing!. For a field blade it seems like a thick chunk of weight to add to your loadout.

Still very nice for people who love the design!

My perfect Bowie would be :

Style : Busse Blue grass bowie
Blade length : 11" to 12"
Blade thickness : 0.220 to 0.250
Blade finish : Satin
Weight : 21 oz to 26 oz
Steel : INFI
Handles: Red and black magnum micarta handles.

guess we can all dream... ;) At least my wallet is safe for now lol!

I Agree...If that pic you posted here is the "Busse Blue grass bowie", it
would be the blade I lusted after more than ANY other. Up until I saw that a minute ago, I would have given my left nut for a Gladius. I better hope I don't get the oppourtunity for both blades......
:eek:

Most of those who are not fond of this knife are looking at a picture and have not held one in hand. The handle is perfect in hand and IMO this is a Busse masterpiece. It is a must have if you like Busse. IMO when you get it you will be surprised (freeking blown away)not let down.

Tiger84, I agree. When I saw the pics before the AG Russell show I was kinda iffy. However, after attending the show, getting to handle the proto, and the wife telling me to get it---I got it! Sure glad I did too.

Oh, No you didn't !!!!!!

Love it. Love it.

I would only change one thing if I was ordering one as a custom.........Shorten the front guard, so when I make it my kitchen knife, prepping veggies and such is easier (edge further down than the guard).

Did I mention that absolutely rocks!!!!!!!!

What is the price point on these bad boys???

I use my fixed blades for kitchen work too & must have the same requirements for me to purchase a knife. So far, I have one custom knife & 4 I designed & finished myself. I would love this knife in that configuration!

does anyone know if these can still be ordered? or if busse will make it a production knife?............maybe an le? :D

yes, call the company store and order it, i just did today and they told me it will be done in maximum 6 months because they are out of blanks, but it worths the wait.
call them 4199236471

yeah I placed my order beginning of july so I expect it around Christmas! I do agree that it is indeed worth the wait. :D

Back