So, Busse guys: What's on your wrist?

:eek: Nice watches!

I'm in Rats boat, nothing.

I had a Timex that out lasted my Vic. watch by about 4 years but it gave up the ghost months ago. I've been using my cell for time when needed and out on trips if I'm curios I turn on the GPS.:)

Casio Protrek

P4020026.jpg

Watches are MEN's jewlery. I remember when Op was getting a Breitling Chrono in the Carribean - a woman complaining about the prices of watches her husband was looking at. When I commented that she obviously had no problems spending that on her bracelet and necklace - she said but is only a watch. I said it was men's bracelet and a light went on for her. She told her guy to get what he really liked.

I wear a very nice Omega for only special occasions and a skagen Micky mouse for daily wear. OP rotates from a TAG, Omega Seamaster and a Breitling. no we won't post pictures of any jewlery....

Either my Bathys Aquaculture in black PVD with Black Tahitian Mother-Of-Pearl Dial.....

Bathys_AC13_7-9-07.jpg

Bathys_AC09_7-9-07.jpg

or a Casio G-Shock Multi-Band Solar Atomic Analog Watch #AWG100-1A

AWG100-1A.jpg

(pic from amazon dot com)

∞

I switch it up between one of these:
PRG-130-1V_MED.jpg

One of these:
SNM037.jpg

and one of these:
bj7000-52e-b.jpg

I like my watches BIG- like my knives and my guns.

What a great thread.:thumbup: What are some good forums for a noob to check out?

watchuseek.com are the ones I like. They've got some great brand forums. It's the same as here. Some incredible companies you'd never otherwise hear of. Kinda like Busse. I would have never had the pleasure of owning and collecting Busse and get to know and enjoy others with a like mind if not for blade forums!

I've learned a hellova lot about companies, movements etc over the last year.....at a leisurely pace :p if you have any questions, they're more than happy to help there. I've got a working knowledge. You can always shoot me a pm on knives, guns, cars or watches :D

I'm not a watch collector. I bought one. A friend of mine in 1982 knew a Rolex distributor and I got it for about $500. I think I made a good investment :D

IMG_4262.jpg

Love the YOBOKIES mods on the Monster! Might have to send the OM in for a facelift. I missed out on the orange Sumo but the Orange Bullet works for me too (even upside-down:confused:). I swap watches depending on my mood or what job I'm doing. Everything is a 'beater' except the Ti Landshark, it gets the dress-up duty. I love this watch thread! Things a man doesn't leave home without, a good watch and a dependable knife.
XX
SEIKOS_0071.jpg
Looking at a cellphone for the time doesn't have the soul of your favorite wristwatch.

VERY NICE!!! :thumbup:

And as for mods, aside from Yobokies, there is Jack Alexyon at International Watch Works (NC), and Randall Benson over at Wet Work Watches/Hands of time (West Coast). :thumbup:

watchuseek.com are the ones I like. They've got some great brand forums. It's the same as here. Some incredible companies you'd never otherwise hear of. Kinda like Busse. I would have never had the pleasure of owning and collecting Busse and get to know and enjoy others with a like mind if not for blade forums!

I've learned a hellova lot about companies, movements etc over the last year.....at a leisurely pace :p if you have any questions, they're more than happy to help there. I've got a working knowledge. You can always shoot me a pm on knives, guns, cars or watches :D

Thanks for the info.:D

Watches are MEN's jewlery. I remember when Op was getting a Breitling Chrono in the Carribean - a woman complaining about the prices of watches her husband was looking at. When I commented that she obviously had no problems spending that on her bracelet and necklace - she said but is only a watch. I said it was men's bracelet and a light went on for her. She told her guy to get what he really liked.

I wear a very nice Omega for only special occasions and a skagen Micky mouse for daily wear. OP rotates from a TAG, Omega Seamaster and a Breitling. no we won't post pictures of any jewlery....

You know I just got back from Disney for a friends wedding and was really tempted by a Skagen mickey mouse watch! Still thinking about picking it up :p

I'm not a watch collector. I bought one. A friend of mine in 1982 knew a Rolex distributor and I got it for about $500. I think I made a good investment :D

IMG_4262.jpg

its probably gone up in value.

ill give you $525.

The picture on the header of the watchuseek Sinn forum is a slice of that picture I posted of my U1. My shining moment.

WOW...some very nice watches to drool over.

I had been wearing a Marathon GSAR for a while but sold it in favour of a highgear Altis.But since the g-shock arrived it has been getting all the wrist action.Pictures are not the best but here you go.

2009_0722snody0001.jpg

2009_0707snody0001.jpg

watchuseek.com are the ones I like. They've got some great brand forums. It's the same as here. Some incredible companies you'd never otherwise hear of....

+1! watchuseek is a great series of forums and spans the gamut. You've got people discussing $15K watches and people discussing $30 watches...

Really nice to see the whole spectrum and help you decide where you are on the scale.

I'm at the one solar/atomic G-Shock +1 backup level (oh, and one for the wife, and one for the daughter and one for the son and.... ;-). Did I mention, I REALLY like these watches??

Ken

Back