So tally poll on who got at least one Dagger and who didn't.

Did you get at least one Dagger? or did you pass on this one?

• ordered at least one

Votes: 110 56.4%
  • Did not order any

Votes: 78 40.0%
  • still on the fence on this one

Votes: 7 3.6%

• Total voters
Would love one, but money is limited, and so is use..... so I did not order one.

Only thing I'd change is I wish the guard matched a little better, you have points on the tail, blade, front end of the handle but then rounded guards... Needs the Battleshark or TGCrusader guard on it

TGCrusader guard yes, Battleshark guard, heill no.

I was on the fence until near the end, but I finally caved on a black Bruiser to go with my old Gladius. I have often thought about modding my Gladius pommel similar to how these are designed to allow my second paw to grip the end more comfortably and may wind up doing so once this arrives.

And the 69 that didnt buy any should probably be adjusted to like 10. I doubt they only sold 101... usually about atleast 1-200 per model finish option

And the 69 that didnt buy any should probably be adjusted to like 10. I doubt they only sold 101... usually about atleast 1-200 per model finish option

It seems to me that based on this, I bet the total number is close to around 300-400 total knives per run. For this one if you assume 150 people at an average of 2 knives per person, that is 300. On the forum itself, there was 101 buyers, bump that to 120 for those that don't participate on the forum and 2 to 2.5 per person average puts it at 300 ish. I don't think they are selling more than 400 per model. They close the sale down fairly quickly.

Well, with the several 6 packs that I've heard mentioned, I would be surprised if there are under 500. I've always suspected that 500-1,000 blanks get made for each knife depending on the size and how they would trickle out at shows, ganzas & overruns with a few held back for warranty & Custom Shop oddballs. Makes more business sense to just run one big batch and call it good for a decade. Or maybe I am just hoping... :D

they always hold some for booth sales, and warranty. You know incase you run over it with a lawn mower or something you can just get a new knife instead of shop creds :D

Well, with the several 6 packs that I've heard mentioned, I would be surprised if there are under 500. I've always suspected that 500-1,000 blanks get made for each knife depending on the size and how they would trickle out at shows, ganzas & overruns with a few held back for warranty & Custom Shop oddballs. Makes more business sense to just run one big batch and call it good for a decade. Or maybe I am just hoping... :D

The numbers from this poll just don't show that. I seriously doubt there is 500- 1000 knives from a less than one week run. 200 members, half of which purchased. some purchased 2-4, many just purchased one. Average of 2 per person would mean closer to 200. Add another 100 for unknown buyers and overage. Then add another 100 for ganzas and shows. 400 max IMO. They obviously set a number limit, because they end the Ganza on odd days. We should do a poll every time a new knife comes out.

they always hold some for booth sales, and warranty. You know incase you run over it with a lawn mower or something you can just get a new knife instead of shop creds :D

They do, although a lawnmower would not do much damage. lol. Maybe to the micarta.

i got one to pay for but im beyond jealous of those who snagged it for free. this will be the first blade i get with a canvas handle.

So the 10 that were on the fence, what was the final verdict?

I did not buy one. I just have no use for a dagger. Plus I want to thin the herd a bit this year. I will say that it is one of the best looking knives to come out of Busse ever. Plus I am sure they will pop up on the secondary market and if I must have one, I can pick it up then. Also I would have preferred one that was Nuked but missed that opportunity. I am a terrible competitive shopper.

I absolutely love the looks of the blade. I wanted one so bad but as said before this would be nothing more than a safe queen. Living in the communists republic of California, they are illegal here in all aspects of carry. So it would never leave the house. Even when I was in LRSU I never carried a dagger, just was not practical enough and it was just extra weight to hump around. So I passed....reluctantly. I still think its one of the better looking blades Busse has made. my .02.

I dont mean to speak for other's, but i dont think a lot of people realize how big this thing is, me included, i keep thinking of it in terms of "little dagger" but the Darn thing is gona be bigger than my TG14 lol can' wait

I ended up emailing busse combat explaining the difficulty trying to order vja the site. I specified my choses materials and finish. Was sent a nice reply from Amy saying they processed my order.

Comp w/ green micarta

Back