• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD Twenty Medium Chopper prototypes

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The Medium Chopper is a little bit more robust than our last 10" chopper for those of you wanting something a little more stout but still not over built. This is not some sharpened prybar, the edge and grind geometry are thin and tuned for cutting performance. It hits hard and bites deep and that power is backed up by the performance of our Delta heat treat CPM 3V.

Delta 3V is Crucible CPM 3V with a heat treat optimized for edge stability. It is a highly refined process developed over years of experience and is significantly different than the industry standard. You'll be surprised how sharp this gets and how well it holds an edge. If you have never used 3V like this, it is gonna blow your mind. Also, a side effect of this heat treat is a higher percentage of free chromium, so although it is not stainless, it is nearly so.

The Medium Chopper has a thoughtfully designed and well developed hand grip. It supports multiple positions to reduce fatigue and accommodate multiple tasks. It works well as a large camp knife when held towards the front with good balance and dexterity. When held towards the back it fully fills the hand and offers control and reduced hand and forearm fatigue for extended hard work.

It has a forward lanyard hole (as used in competition cuts) and a hidden rear lanyard hole.

Specs:
CPM 3V, Delta heat treat, tested 60-61 HRC, .220" thick at ricasso
Total length 15.950"
Blade length 10.0"”
Weight 20.6 oz
Grippy 3D machined scales in micarta and Terotuf.
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners

Being a prototype, there are no sheaths available for this pattern yet.

Tell me what scale option you choose and I'll build it. There are twenty knives available in this sale. The knives in the picture are not the knives you will receive.

We are sharpening now. These will ship by the end of next week.

UAiJFRz.jpg

cUtJKQO.jpg

OfsdqoI.jpg

VGGZda5.jpg

NzoC6P2.jpg

Vz5wV8Z.jpg

2mbEFjt.jpg

7meG2qi.jpg

Z30tK8v.jpg

0s6XzPV.jpg

vDZvoNR.jpg

gatGYXe.jpg

Price is:
$375 without sheath in black or natural micarta
$390 without sheath in OD green Micarta on black micarta liner
$400 without sheath in black (gray) Terotuf (ugly material that works awesome) on black micarta liner

Shipping is $10

I take paypal, cash, check or MO.

Due to limited quantities, please limit one order per post

Jo will contact you via PM or email on Sunday or Monday. Emails though BF often get lost in spam filters. If you don't hear from her by end of day Monday please contact Jo on her PM, or send us an email at carothersknives at g mail dought com

We're going to have 25 HDFK here in two weeks.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

I'll take one please, unbuffed black micarta, thanks!

Last edited:
I’ll take one please!

*Edit: handle preference is unbuffed green micarta.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Augh! Dagnabbit! Such lag!

Oh well, congrats to everyone that landed one. I so wanted this today. I am scrambling to finish my thesis pre-text today, and this was my break :( Oh well, back to the word processor mines.

Last edited:
huge shot out to J jjweb for hooking me up. thank you so much sir! much appreciated

And I'm in for the tero tuf!!!

Last edited:
Good grief that was a loooooong refresh cycle. Congrats to the winners!

Wow!!! I made it!!!

One with TeroTuf, please!

Edit: wait, I didn't make it!!! Why are there so many posts sharing the same post number? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Edit 2: Got an error message the first time I tried to post. :(

Last edited:
Oh well, c'mon pre-sale. Congrats to the winners.

Last edited:
Back