Some Buck 112 Love

Did Buck make a 112 with jigged Brown bone handle , I can’t find anything about one but that don’t mean anything, that would be a nice one for me to have, if anybody has one can you post some pictures .

I just received this definitely odd 112' from my Brother David..As far as I know this is the only Damascus frame 112 out in the wild. When you collect rare,odd,1of1 112's like I do it's a REALLY great day when you have it in your hand! David had not shared the fact Leroy was doing this 112 along with some 110's he was making David so when I got the box I thought it was a few modern silver commemorative coins from Ebay..NOT a 1 of 1 112 lol!20201106_155132.jpg 20201106_155057.jpg 20201106_154847.jpg 20201106_155029.jpg

I was tempted to like it too lol! If I had been in on the build I would have looked hard for a Damascus blade. It's very hard to find a loose blade..

My newest a BCCI buffalo/chip flint blade.

IJOanUP.jpg

I was tempted to like it too lol! If I had been in on the build I would have looked hard for a Damascus blade. It's very hard to find a loose blade..
naw, that be too much. perfect and awesome as is.

What playing with knives actually looks like when you grow up
'The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys'
don't let Bucksway see all them loose drop points blades.....youre gonna get him all excited 😁.
Probably have to sedate him and at this point put him in an induced coma :eek:

That high radius grind drop point just laying there..I'm on my first cup and paused mid sip. I hope Buck gives us a chance to pick up extras with the Take Apart. I know that I can buy blades from Snake River and others like that and even considered once a really beautiful feathered Damascus blade for a Custom but in the end the blade IS the heart of a knife and I just couldn't go aftermarket. Chuck and Leroy modified 500 blades for the first drop points way back in the 80's and for day to day use I like it best. But they are a real challenge to find especially in any super steel. I mean who wouldn't want a S45VN DP 112 ?? I guess I was first drawn to them early because they were so rare and the same thing with nickel silver frames. All of the older collectors of 112's (pre 2000) remember just how hard it was. I actually was surprised just how many different versions of the 110 could be found in 2007 when I started collecting 112's. Really fancy 110 LE's red bone Damascus BG42 and S30V blades dozens and dozens of gold etched and all easily found and made directly by Buck. The choices for the 112 on the other hand.. I called the 112 the "Redheaded Stepchild" of the Buck family. Fortunately the 112 started getting some love! But to this day since 2007 I have seen a 112 for sale in a retail store only 3 times..

Back