Some Herman Williams Goodness

ea42

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
You can't beat coming home from a hard day's work and finding one of these in your mailbox!:D

This is a very special Herman Williams knife, it's one of the award knives that he gave out at knife shows that he attended as a representative of Schrade. The knives were given out for the best Schrade display, and they were all full on customs. This particular one has a liner stamp that says 1988, so apparently it was one of the shows from that year. I know I should have polished off some of the patina on the brass, but I just couldn't wait to take some rather hurried pics!

2qjf32q.jpg
[/IMG]

wrf241.jpg
[/IMG]

346ayiu.jpg
[/IMG]

w8s375.jpg
[/IMG]

2zh1v28.jpg
[/IMG]

33njl06.jpg
[/IMG]

Enjoy!

Eric

:thumbup::eek:awsome eric:thumbup: a 1988 to boot!!!!!howd youd find that:grumpy:;):D----------brady

Really gorgeous, as you come to expect with a Herman Williams. I love the way he puts a mean scald on that Sambar Stag. Also like the way he flares the scales on the bare head end of the knife. Nice one Eric.

He's even rippled the bolster ends!!:eek:
Virtually no surface left untouched!! Quite a piece!!
Nice score, Eric.

A beautiful piece! From end to end and top to bottom! No telling how many hours he spent on that one! Congratulations on that find! :thumbup:

:thumbup::eek: You about knocked my eyes out!!!:p Seriously a REAL nice find thanks for sharing!!!;)

No comment Eric!!..................Only because it's already been said. Absolutely awesome find. Never get tired looking at Hermans work. ;):thumbup::thumbup:

Russell

Thanks guys!

That particular knife belonged to a former president of the Gator Cutlery Club out of Tampa, Fla. He apparently had a monster Schrade collection that was a show winner. Here's an article that appeared in a 1982 issue of NKCA Magazine. Herman's holding one of his award knives in one of the photos:

1629pxw.jpg
[/IMG]

1071glf.jpg
[/IMG]

91i5jn.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

Last edited:
Interesting mailing label on the mag!
Good to see these. Thanks for showing.
I hope Herman pops back in to say hello.
TTYL
Larry

There is several more of those 85th Anniversary full custom knives out there that I did for presentation knives in the 1980"s. They were in a wooden box. I also did several of the 75th Anniversary $1,000.00 editions, fully customized, on a stand under a plexiglass cover, like I was holding in the magazine picture. Can't remember how many. That was a long time ago. Never imagined Schrade would go under back then, much less that knives I did would be in demand. those knives on the cover of the NKCA magazine were in the Schrade factory at Ellenville at one time. Really don't know what happened to them. Uncle Henry made have wound up with them. He had several of my pieces. They were probally in the collection he had at his death. Talk later------Herman

Last edited:
Nice bling! That baby is pimped out to the max.

:thumbup:

Glenn

ea42,
Those hurried pictures are pretty good. What kind of camera and lighting are you using? My pictures do not turn out so good. I use a Kodak Easyshare Z710 7.1 megapixels with a closeup lens. Just natural lighting.
Any help is appreciated.--- Thanks, Herman

Nice of you to pop in and say a few words, Herman.
We're all hungry for Schrade history of any kind, and I'm sure I speak for all of us;
I hope you come by regularly!!!

Hey, great to hear from you Herman! I sure know what you mean about never imagining that Schrade would go under. I always wondered what kind of collection Uncle Henry had squirrelled away, must have been mighty impressive. I just got to thinking about the magazine, if you'd like to have it, just let me know and I'll drop it in the mail next week.

The above knife didn't have the box apparently. Must have gotten lost somewhere along the line. The knife is an absolute beauty, with work like that it'd be surprising if they weren't in demand;):thumbup:

Eric

That is a beauty! You guys are spoiling me for the better things in life. Well, always room for one more expensive hobby.
Hart

Back