Some SAK love

I've been carrying various sheepfoot blades quite a bit lately attempting to determine their usefulness for my lifestyle. As far as I can tell they do everything I need quite well. Of course I recognize their limited skinning ability but I haven't cleaned any game in several years.
Here's a sheepfoot from Victorinox that @jackknife introduced me to. It's often overlooked yet one of the best. Weighs next to nothing, extremely durable, pinchable, easy to keep clean and sharp, inexpensive, comfortable in hand... It's called the Gardener/Floral and it makes a great urban/suburban EDC. Unfortunately it's rumored to be discontinued this year along with several other models.

jj5uiPU.jpg
They are handy also in the hawk bill version.
They also make them for felco, only difference is felco logo on the handle with the shield.
Surprisingly I found the felco branded 1s cheaper here in Aus.

I bought this inexpensive SAK because I've been playing around with various cover materials and wanted a good pen knife to recover. As I've recently learned.... These are very good pen knives.

I should have paid more attention. This is the elinox with metal covers. Thought this was a run of the mill advertising knife and had no clue what elinox meant. That's ok though because I've been having fun digging around learning about it.

The small crossbow elinox tang stamp puts it 65-73 according to a chart I've seen on sakwiki. A bit hard to believe since it looks darn near new. Can anyone confirm this?

This is a fun knife. I like it. Very nicely made, super thin, super snappy and sharp!

20230823_194818~2.jpg20230823_194754~2.jpg20230823_195724-COLLAGE.jpg

Maybe I'll just go for one of those gardeners to recover, instead. 😄

I lost my Wenger Soldier to an overly suspicious guard. What model is the same knife but with the saw blade added?

"Herc". My carried and used the most SAK ... since my Huntsman went A.W.O.L. anyway ...
(not sure why the saw blade was shy and didn't come out for the picture. 😳 I suppose I should take another picture next someday.)

I could carry only just this and meet ... I dunno ... 98.9%? of my needs. (Itted be "100%" but sometimes Mr. Leatherman's pliers (and can opener) work better.) However, that would not be any fun ... and itted be an waste all the other knives I have ... 🤔🤨☹️😇
View attachment 2297023

Thanks James.
You're welcome Alan.
Thought I'd better mention that unfortunately a key-ring is also included on the Farmer and it is in a poor location for saw use. For me it was a "must remove" situation. Easily done but also completely necessary.
AFAIC, remove the key-ring and the Farmer becomes pretty much, the perfect pocket tool although...

jpofhKX.jpg

ygMwyHc.jpg

...recently the Pioneer X is looking very interesting. I don't need a saw as often as I once did but scissors come in handy alot. Oh no!!! I may have just become my own enabler!
You have a good day my friend. :)

I agree James redsparrow redsparrow . The key ring is wrong. And I’d rather scissors than the saw, but would prefer neither. As far as I’m concerned they make the knife too thick.

Back