Some words from Chris......

Thank You Mr Reeve!
As a proud owner of a ZA Made Mountaineer, Green Beret 5.5, Neil Robert Warrior, Pacific fixed blades, a Mnandi & Lg Sebenza folders. More to follow I'm sure! You set the industry standards.

Thank You Mr Reeve! As a proud owner of a ZA Made Mountaineer, Green Beret 5.5, Neil Robert Warrior, Pacific fixed blades, a Mnandi & Lg Sebenza folders, More to follow I'm sure, You set the industry standards. Satisfied Customer/Follower!

Just broke down and ordered a CRK Large Sebenza 21 - Insingo Grind - Left Handed. It's the plain and simple version, I considered the micarta inlayed version but a. none available and b. I find myself carrying my plain titanium knives most often anyway. Was having a hard deciding large or small but availability would have made the decision for me if I hadn't already decided on the large. Ordered through Knives ship free as I found many good reviews on here and elsewhere. I had a hard time finding anything ,(proven) negative about Chris Reeve Knives other than the price, and found a redonkulous amount of positive feedback. As a lefty I'm exited to get a truly left handed knife rather than a righty that works o.k. left, or an ambidextrous knife. I will let you know what I think of it when it gets here.

Any tips for caring for my soon to be newest knife? It will be a user as are all my knives.

non special care, besides the "think twice, cut once", keep it well (clean, sharp..) and you'll be fine!
nothing besides any other knife, it's easier to clean, you'll see it

Thank you for your time Chris. I totally agree and I am one customer that uses his knives as cutting tools. I do not perform "tests" that would cause damage to a knife. I know my sebenza is a good knife and it does what I need it to do. Totally happy!

Thank you Chris Reeves Knives. I am a pround owner of the Umnumzaan wuhich i took delivery last week. I am also a mechanical engineer by trade and having the best experience with a CRK product. For whats its worth i do appreciate the details which went into your product. I also own strider, spyderco, hinderer, benchmade, dpxgear, lionsteel, essee and bark river knives however yours is the most interesting. As a package, crk provides all that is needed for maintaining knive and also instructions which are necessary for the user. All other brands only provides the knife and thats it. As an engineer the design and functions of the umnumzaan is well thought out thus provides the user a capable tool that can last for a long time. The lock up system is the best i have encountered. Keep up the ggod work and thank you👍😄

Have owned a Jereboam since the 1980's, and recently began my foray into the Sebenza world. My 21 and 25 are fantastic! Excellent blades; company, and reputation. Keep up the great work...;-)

I'm sooo excited! Today my first Sebenza arrived!! Box Elder inlays. A real beauty . . . at least in my eyes!!

But I do have a question . . . how do I break in this little beauty? Right now it is a little stiff and I can't open the blade with my thumb. It's smooth a silk once it starts but getting it started requires two hands right now (okay . . I'm a weakling or something!!)

Should I just keep opening and closing it to break it in?

I'm sooo excited! Today my first Sebenza arrived!! Box Elder inlays. A real beauty . . . at least in my eyes!!

But I do have a question . . . how do I break in this little beauty? Right now it is a little stiff and I can't open the blade with my thumb. It's smooth a silk once it starts but getting it started requires two hands right now (okay . . I'm a weakling or something!!)

That will typically help- The parts will wear or mate to each other as it is opened and closed. Shouldn't be too tight though as this can be an issue.
You could disassemble it and reassemble to see if that alleviates the problem.

Congrats and Welcome to Bladeforums!

Please post pics!

Please post pics!

Lone Wolf . . . besides being a weakling I'm an idiot too! Got to figure out how to add a picture! I'll study FAQs . . . I'm sure there are instructions somewhere! It will do me good to try and find them!! Hahahaha! Thanks for asking!

I'm a 1st time Chris Reeve owner. Just picked up an Inkosi. Chris, everything you wrote in your letter is absolutely true and correct. I agree 100%.

That being said, I am officially an OCD retarded child. I cant quit playing with your knife and opening it. I'm simply in love with it.

If it wears out thats on me and I wont warranty it :)

I recently bought a left hand large 21, and the pivot keeps coming loose. This seems like a common problem with the new style. Any ideas?

Back