Some words from Chris......

I don't post much in this forum but I'm a CRK owner, user and fan. That was a well thought out, well presented post. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us.

Your knives are the standard to which all others are measured. The Sebenza has reached the pinncale and can be described as the perfect pocket EDC.

i am one if the few to get issued the yarbrough knife it is truley a beautiful knife made to do exactly what someone in my line of work needs to do thank you

To those who own our knives, thank you for your loyalty and your trust in Chris Reeve Knives. Without you, we would not be here!

Chris

I've carried many knives over the years, but my Small Line Drive Graphic Sebenza has been part of my EDC since 1999. Keep up the Great Work :thumbup:

I've used my Sebenza for last 10 years. I still use it (same old good BG42 regular). No wear. Nothong. Works perfect.

I added some more Sebenzas, Umnumzaan, fixed blades... awesome knives, never ever let me down.

Chris, you ARE a creator of awesome knives. The knives work, cut, perform. #1 of me.

Yes - I have a 1998 small BG-42. Well used, still totally perfect in every way other than appearances. It must be a handicap to make things so well that you become your own worst enemy (so to speak), since your product essentially never wears out or needs replacement. :thumbup:

We do seem to manage to keep buying them, however... ;)

I've used my Sebenza for last 10 years. I still use it (same old good BG42 regular). No wear. Nothong. Works perfect.

I added some more Sebenzas, Umnumzaan, fixed blades... awesome knives, never ever let me down.

Chris, you ARE a creator of awesome knives. The knives work, cut, perform. #1 of me.

Good to hear from you Chris, well said.

Sounds like I missed on some heated and strange posts in this forum. I do remember the one guy who claimed his Sebenza was defective, sent it to you, then after you clearly showed how heavily abused it was he made a fool of himself.

Anyone who thinks there is something inherently wrong with an CRK folder is a fool.

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Chris, well said.

Sounds like I missed on some heated and strange posts in this forum. I do remember the one guy who claimed his Sebenza was defective, sent it to you, then after you clearly showed how heavily abused it was he made a fool of himself.

Anyone who thinks there is something inherently wrong with an CRK folder is a fool.

(I like your avatar!)

I don't own any CRKs (yet, anyway), but I think everyone needs to be realistic about the purpose and end use for the knives they buy. The trend towards knives that are as tough as crowbars, sometimes results in knives that make better crowbars than than they do knives. I've been disappointed by one maker of fixed blade knives on this board several times (I won't mention names, as his fan-boys would swarm me). I found the knives to be overly heavy, clumsy, and poorly balanced (though well made, using good materials, and could probably be hammered through tank armor). Axes, trenching tools, and pry-bars often don't make good knives.

Just wanted to say "Thanks!" to Chris for his passion. The quality of my first Sebenza was immediately appreciated. So I bought 6 more -- Sebenzas, that is. Then I bought 4 Mnandis. An Umnumzaan (or two) is next on my list. Can't have too much of a good thing!

Thanks again, Chris. And keep up the passion!

Derek . . .

Hi Chris,

Thank you for spending time to write what you wrote. I own a large sebenza and have recently put in an order for a damascus steel blade for my sebenza....looking forward to getting it!! There is a reason why I buy your knives...quality and craftsmanship. Your knives are indeed precision instruments and are worth every dime!!!

I agree... what is a whack test? How stupid. You don't buy a new BMW then drive it into a tree to test the airbags. You don't need to say anything Chris, Proverbs 18:2 says it all.

Hello Chris:

Just got my 1st Large Sebenza 21, Date 2/2/2011, I spend over 30 min to look at this Sebenza inside and outside, That is art of your craftsmanship, I have few Benchmade, your knife have no word to Describe it, Even the cutting edge is polish.

This is a ART, I see this blade forums learn about your knife, I got to see it and hold it, I work hard for my money, they said buy once cry once, but I didn't cry at all when I see your knife in my hand, I know a lot people have use your knife, I just enjoy looking at it.

I am not a knife collector, I use all my knife but not abuse it, I like best thing in life So I buy a poor man Sebenza ( Bradley Alias I ) to replace yours, I know your knife is mean to used it, The way I look at that is a art, For now I will let it be my save queen to pass on to my son.

Thanks Chris.
Michael.

DSC00662.jpg

· What is the purpose of a spine whack test? Folding knives are designed to cut when the blade is open. They are designed to be stored when the blade is closed. They are not designed to be hit on the back of the blade, or to be used as hammers. I assume there is some theory that this will test the strength of a lock but it is a test with no valid function.

Well there is such a technique as batoning wood which does involve hitting the back of the blade. I'd imagine that the vast majority of people that own a $300+ knife would not be willing to use them that way. A larger bowie fixed blade would be more suitable to the task, but it would be nice to be able to use a hard use folding knife that way in a pinch.

There is such extreme testing which usually serves nothing other than entertainment, but often can show the extreme limits of a product. And while the vast majority of people would never use their expensive knives that way, they buy based on the reputation of such a product. A famous example is the Blend-tec Blender infommercials blending ridiculous things. I'm sure if you broke their blender trying to blend granite, they'd probably not honor the warranty.

I like how easy it is to take apart and put back together the Sebenza is, and the fact that a tool is included to do so. Simplicity of form and function is what interests me. And the precision of fit and finish is what keeps everyone coming back.

The seb is currently my most expensive knife but i don't hesitate to use it. Fit and finish are absolutely outstanding,this is the finest folder i have ever held. I ordered some accesories directly from CRK and recieved everything quickly. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Fine product excellent service, I could care less what a few people think. There will always be some moron with something bad to say.

Back