Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yessir have seen gators many times around this river. That was the pretty side of the property. The other side is straight swamp.

We got em all around the different creeks closer to home where i go to fish more often as well. It's not uncommon to see them sun bathing from some of the county roads while driving either.

Never Had One try and attack the boat and i have kayaked and canoed through swamps creeks and rivers where we see gators. But I'm also not running up and pulling their tail or anything either lol

You should of told me that while visiting ;) I would of suggested we try and wrestle some :D

Daddy needs a new pair of boots!

Rottweilers and pitbulls get a bad rap. Like most pets, if they're rotten, that's a reflection on the owner, not the breed. Sorry to hear of the issues. One of the neighborhood cats turned up with a giant tumor devouring the side of his face not too long ago. The wife and I took him to the vet, but it was definitely cancer. Another neighbor wanted to take care of him for a bit, but I'm pretty sure he didn't make it. That was hard enough. I can only imagine how bad it must be for your own friend. Hope you caught it early enough that something can be done, or that it's something easier to deal with than cancer.

Yessir have seen gators many times around this river. That was the pretty side of the property. The other side is straight swamp.

We got em all around the different creeks closer to home where i go to fish more often as well. It's not uncommon to see them sun bathing from some of the county roads while driving either.

Never Had One try and attack the boat and i have kayaked and canoed through swamps creeks and rivers where we see gators. But I'm also not running up and pulling their tail or anything either lol

When's gator season?

One nice thing about the PNW is the fact that our biggest reptile is a sea turtle, and the most dangerous is a rattler snake that lives on the other side of the mountains in the desert area.

I'm not a big gator fan

Rottweilers and pitbulls get a bad rap. Like most pets, if they're rotten, that's a reflection on the owner, not the breed. Sorry to hear of the issues. One of the neighborhood cats turned up with a giant tumor devouring the side of his face not too long ago. The wife and I took him to the vet, but it was definitely cancer. Another neighbor wanted to take care of him for a bit, but I'm pretty sure he didn't make it. That was hard enough. I can only imagine how bad it must be for your own friend. Hope you caught it early enough that something can be done, or that it's something easier to deal with than cancer.

I second that, they're great dogs... I put forth that they're knid of the Beckers of dog breeds, they can damn near do it all, and they'll give their all doing their master's bidding.
They've gotten the poopy end of the stick for decades now.

What's for dinner gents???
My house, we're having a treat.
Phõ Ga "Fu-Gah" (Vietnamese chicken noodle soup)

This stuff will be so good!
This broth could cure heartbreak, homesickness, and anything else!

Have spent hours in frustration yesterday and today, trying to get videos to work in Prime. They worked fine, and all of a sudden stopped for some reason. They just won't load in FF. I've poured over solutions, and have tried them all. Nothing. When I click on the play now, the scroll bar on the right disappears, and that's all that happens. I've also noticed that the instagram pages I had bookmarked won't work either. I download the Pale Moon browser (outdated, I know) which uses Firefox, and it works fine there. No clue what happened. Haven't installed, or made any changes to anything. Hmmm...

What's for dinner gents???
My house, we're having a treat.
Phõ Ga "Fu-Gah" (Vietnamese chicken noodle soup)

This stuff will be so good!
This broth could cure heartbreak, homesickness, and anything else!

It's been unusually warm here, so for the last few days I've been firing up some charcoal and cooking on the Smokey Joe grill. Tonight, I grilled burgers and deep fried some fries.

Have spent hours in frustration yesterday and today, trying to get videos to work in Prime. They worked fine, and all of a sudden stopped for some reason. They just won't load in FF. I've poured over solutions, and have tried them all. Nothing. When I click on the play now, the scroll bar on the right disappears, and that's all that happens. I've also noticed that the instagram pages I had bookmarked won't work either. I download the Pale Moon browser (outdated, I know) which uses Firefox, and it works fine there. No clue what happened. Haven't installed, or made any changes to anything. Hmmm...

Seems like every couple years I'll get frustrated with either Chrome of Firefox and switch. Then a year or two later I'll get frustrated with that one and switch back.

Seems like every couple years I'll get frustrated with either Chrome of Firefox and switch. Then a year or two later I'll get frustrated with that one and switch back.

I hate Google, so no Chrome for me. I did install it, just to see if it worked, and it did, but there's no reason it won't work in FF. Always did before. I've been using FF for so long now, it's hard for me to make a change to something else.

So far, I've tried:

*uninstalling, and reinstalling Silverlight. Also tried using the fix tool on it...several times
*running repair tools on SP2, and the .NET fixes.
*reset DRM licenses.
*clearing cookies and cache
*running system restore
*uninstalled, and reinstalled Adobe flash
*running in safe mode with networking
*changing permissions for various items
*Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox
*Running Firefox in safe mode
*running virus scans
*disabling antivirus

Just not sure what the dealio is.

Last edited:
It's been unusually warm here, so for the last few days I've been firing up some charcoal and cooking on the Smokey Joe grill. Tonight, I grilled burgers and deep fried some fries.

Sounds good! 😏
It's been pee'ing down rain here in SW Ohio, and being from the inland northwest with our somewhat well distributed Asian population, we were/are missing our Phõ like addicts in rehab...

95% of folks here have never heard of it. 😕
And it's a 30 min drive to the nearest decent Phõ shop.

So it was a treat to go to a HUGE international market and score a ton of hard to find ingredients for the soup.
If you ever get a chance, it's what they eat in Vietnam sometimes 2 or 3 meals a day!
We did a lighter (and cheaper) chicken version. If I were in 100% charge of making it (the wife had veto power) I would've use an extra 2lbs of chicken wings and backs (for the broth), along with the whole bird to increase the poultry flavor. All the poultry in the stores these days is so lean, and lacking of flavor.
This was good soup though, simply because its homemade. 😆🍜

One of my favorite dogs was a rottweiler. The most threatening thing about her was her incontinence.

Dangit, I just started looking at GEC and Northwoods slippies again. I really have to start making folders... Investing in some extra tools and jigs would cost no more than a blade or two... But oh, the WAIT!!

And it's a 30 min drive to the nearest decent Phõ shop.

30 minutes isn't bad. The nearest decent restaurant near here is 45 minutes away, and it's expensive as heck. Anything closer by is more like an exercise in food poisoning resistance than a restaurant. :D

Can't see the pics right now (on a tablet) but your soup does sound good. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back