Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance it is a bad infection Gus ? Its making me sick thinking of Oz having a tumor.

This is what I was thinking/hoping...sorry to bring it up again, just wanted to send our love your way. My girls are looking forward to visiting with y'all again!

gus, best thought and healing for your doggle :D

finally got some good pho, on the way home from work, nothing nearby, but it's there at least

have to drive to Cambridge for good Ramen, but it's authentic Japanese style and sooo good.

lots of good food scattered around, but you have to find it

IsoCore-8-lb-Maul-36.jpg

or those people that feel a Fiskars Splitting Axe "isn't enough", there's always the Fiskars IsoCore Maul

http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Gardening-and-Yard-Care/Axes-and-Mauls/IsoCore-8-lb-Maul-36

mini-review

note the new hammers, including the SLEDGE HAMMER - that looks like a specialty rock splitter if i ever saw one :D

Fiskars-IsoCore-Sledge-Hammer.jpg

That Fiskars maul may just earn a place in my garage. I love the splitting axe, but I do a lot of wood splitting with an 8lb maul (when I can sneak it out of my dad's place).

Anyone have a recommendation for a paring knife that would go well with the Becker kitchen knife set? I'd really like to find one with good grip and functionality like the rest of the set.

Anyone have a recommendation for a paring knife that would go well with the Becker kitchen knife set? I'd really like to find one with good grip and functionality like the rest of the set.

What's your budget? :D

I like the Henckles 4-star 4" paring knife lots. The 3" is good, but too short to cut all the way through an apple or pear.

Budget is kind of flexible. When it comes to steel, I will pay for a good tool on the assumption I'll use it until it's been sharpened into a toothpick. However, I'm probably not looking to spend big on this, unless I come across a custom that really strikes my fancy. Maybe $50 ish tops for a manufactured knife. There's room to play there, though.

You can get a very good factory paring knife for $50. Custom is more like $150.

Budget is kind of flexible. When it comes to steel, I will pay for a good tool on the assumption I'll use it until it's been sharpened into a toothpick. However, I'm probably not looking to spend big on this, unless I come across a custom that really strikes my fancy. Maybe $50 ish tops for a manufactured knife. There's room to play there, though.

My current go to paring knife is a Magua.

Anybody else having trouble getting on the ESEE forum?

No, but mostly because I haven't tried.

Where's your initiative, man? Don't you know that only the strong survive? That when the going gets tough, the tough get donuts? That yesterday, pi day, was named after my Aunt Jenny's rhubarb pie? That 2+2=5 because that's where the money is? That Bladite spelled backwards it Etidalb? That leprechauns are real and they sometimes attack Murph in his sleep? Think about all these things and then try, try, try!

Anybody else having trouble getting on the ESEE forum?

Yep, since late last night. I started south on I-95 intended to turn west in Virginia, but got lost on the 404.

Yep, since late last night. I started south on I-95 intended to turn west in Virginia, but got lost on the 404.

Just keep turning left. You'll get back to where you started eventually.

Where's your initiative, man? Don't you know that only the strong survive? That when the going gets tough, the tough get donuts? That yesterday, pi day, was named after my Aunt Jenny's rhubarb pie? That 2+2=5 because that's where the money is? That Bladite spelled backwards it Etidalb? That leprechauns are real and they sometimes attack Murph in his sleep? Think about all these things and then try, try, try!

Well I don't even have an account over there, so...

I really like the attachment on those big Fiskars, The attachment has been the biggest thing that I havent liked about the axes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back