something i have always done for free - Knife Sharpening

i have always sharpened duty knives for police, emt, fire and rescue department and state patrol members. i am extending this to any members here on the forum that serve the public. all i ask is that you pay shipping and insurance. it has to be a duty knife-knives or even your favorite pair of scissors. if it has serrations i will make them look as new as possible. i specialize in every blade shape.

Richard does a great job to.
The edge on my skinner splits hair and he is putting a beutifful convex edge on my outcast right now.

That is a nice offer ,i think I will do that myself for any local military or LEO's etc here in Saskatchewan. I am not quite an expert like Richard but the Edgepro makes me seem like one. I have already done all the relatives kitchen knives. I use a little EZ LAP pen sharpener for serrations but can't do scissors at all.

I found a round disk cut from a 60 or 80 grit sanding belt and stuck in the dremel does a great job on shovels etc.

how about spreading the word. a sharp knife could make a difference in saving someone. down at the local station everyone knows about me and what i do. i stop in and take care of everyone at least once or twice a month unless they stop by. usnub, contact me please.

last night or should i say this morning around 3:45 the 3rd shift officer stopped by to help me figure out what was making noise on the roof. he's always joking around asking if i need anything shot so i figured he might get a chance to shoot something. we didnt see anything but i ended up sharpening his knife for him. i told him to take a cruise around the block then come back to pick it up. he went to the all night deli and picked me up a donut :D. his knife is a s&w folder with partial serrations. i made it shaving sharp from the serrations to the tip in under a minute. he said that will do him for another 6 months.

Rich,You're a "stand up" guy for offering these services for our brave men & women.This world would be a better place if there were more people like you in it.
It's a honor for me to have you for a friend:thumbup:

you fight fires so yes you qualify. if you want to ship your knife to me i will sharpen it up. if you have a knife that can be taken apart i can fix up something to hold the blade with. i want to make a universal holder so any knife that can be taken apart and the blade sent to me i could sharpen it. that way quite a few blades could be sent for the cost of a few complete knives. i can also do axe heads if you can remove the handle. i can sharpen a hatchet also but it can be sent complete or just the head.

I work in a small camping shop. The local firies know I'll do their knives on the spot while they have a quick wander around.
They and other emergency services also get a discount on purchases.
Carl

do something nice for the season if you have a friend thats a public servant. pay the shipping and insurance for them to get their knives sharpened. if they have a rescue tool with a seat belt cutter thats dull i can sharpen it. pass this info and my contact information along to your local fire-rescue and police department.

Back