• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Spark crossed a line

That's not germain to the issue at hand. The issue at hand was "Mick's a liar that this even happened!"

No, it wasn't. The contention was that the Prosecution would ever even entertain such an idea. It didn't seem as if they did. I would have asked to be sentenced to someplace nicer personally.

The defense lawyer making an offer, and the prosector turning it down is not even remotely the same as having a deal in place that the prosecutor backed out of.

Pricecw, what you posted there only proves that if someone said that there was a Somalia deal in place with the prosecution, that person is a liar.

There could not have been a deal in place. We know that now because it was an offer that was refused. At least before we knew this there was benefit of the doubt that Mick actually had a deal that was backed out on by the prosectutor. Now there isn't even that. Which means there is really no way Mick or his team should have, would have or could have been surprised by what came out of the prosecutor's mouth that morning.

STR

No one gives a rats ass if you are scoffing at who proposed what.
Frankly, I think a lot of people, who are not mind-numbed robot zombie kool-aid drinkers, give a "rat's ass". Why don't you cool your jets and calm down, your blustering means nothing to me.

In my old neighborhood Mick Strider would be referred to as a "Bullshit Artist" by the wiseguys standing on the street corner.

Its a pretty appropriate and all-encompassing description.

With that being said, I have some acquaintances that are true bullshit artists.
I usually feel somewhat sorry for them as they often aren't bad people, but often exagerrate their experiences and backgrounds to make up for some type of self-percieved mental or physical shortcoming. They have such a desire to be liked and respected that they will say almost anything to further that desire.

After considerable practice, a proficient bullshit detector can often sniff out a true bullshit artist in three sentences or less.

Mate, I have a Brother like that.
Good bloke and all but he does not seem satisfied with what anybody else would consider a reasonable life.
He embellishes everything he has done, to the point where with the help of some alcohol and a vivid imagination he has told the stories that much that he half way believes them.
Nothing to outlandish just been there done that sort of stuff, he can no longer seperate the reality from the spin.
Sad, still a good man and my Brother though, just needs a grain of salt and whatever.
Mind you he is not spinning crap to try and sell anything other than his ego.

Michelle, sweet woman, My name is Steve too.

Try to prove anything that I said was a lie. I have killed a lot of people for the USA. I am pretty sure that I am not going to chicken out now.

Steve

That might be best kept under your hat if its true Steve.

Why doesn’t everyone stop the bickering? I was one of the most vocal here originally, I did as Michelle and Jerry suggested, I went over to Badlands to see for myself. I met a lot of great people there. When Mick returned I apologized to him over there for my past actions.

It is this Thread here http://www.badlandsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7115
Mick graciously accepted my apology. Here is what he wrote, as you can see he politely cleared up a misconception of mine:

"Those that know you personally I am sure understood exactly what this post really meant. That you and your lawyer had discussed it; then your lawyer broached the subject with the prosecutor who rejected it."

Actually....the Pros and Judge had agreed....and later the Pros changed his mind.

But who cares.

Thanks for your kind words...and welcome to Badlands.

Glad you came to see things for yourself

m
The members of the Badlands need no other proof. For those of you here that do, instead of mouthing off on the forums, maybe someone should take the time to write a polite letter to the attorney. Mick was kind enough to post the letter on a public forum with the attorneys address and phone number so that the letter is now in the public domain and can be questioned. If you decide to do this I would advise being polite and remember that most attorneys are very busy. You can even point him to this site and ask him to answer publicly, so that those of us who questioned Mick’s word in the past and those that still do can be shown to have egg on their faces.

Until someone takes the imitative to do this, you really shouldn’t be posting here speculating. The truth is out there, we who frequent the Badlands know it. The rest of you should find it before throwing more stones about Mick’s Somalia deal.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Until someone takes the imitative to do this, you really shouldn’t be posting here speculating. The truth is out there, we who frequent the Badlands know it. The rest of you should find it before throwing more stones about Mick’s Somalia deal.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I don't think the folks that frequent the Badlands know the truth any more than anyone else other than the people that are directly involved. I think they are just willing to believe what they are being told. That doesn't make it the truth.

I think I will send a polite letter to the attorney, and I will also see if I can send one to the prosecuting attorney as well. I'm not sure either one will respond, or if they do, it will be to do anything more than tell me that they will not comment, but it is worth a try.

Well just to save you the trouble, I tried calling the prosecutors office about this and they stopped me cold. Privacy requirements apparrently prevent anything more than the docket (which is already in hand) from coming out, and there's zero chance of getting ahold of the prosecutor in this case. At least, through a phone call.

With regards to the defense attorney, that'd be interesting. I'm not sure what he'd say since he's bound by attorney-client priviledge, but I'm also pretty sure that as an officer of the court, he's not going to lie for someone. We'll see what happens.

I really dont understand this need to "Up" each other???

Too much Texas Holdem on TV you think perhaps?
Got people acting like their whole lives come down to a question of "Call or raise"?

I don't feel that there is any need to one up one another. To think that suggests that the folks here started this up in the first place, reignited the flame instead of letting it die down and then did so again and again. Facts show a different story. In fact its amazing to me that Mick throws the log on the fire that was died down but good and he does so with this letter from his attorney. Then this effectively stirs the pot all over again bringing it all back up to the top and once again by his own actions just like his post made on Feb 6 of this year did. Then the loyal followers who have done everything they can to make those on the other side shut up complain and voice some comments that for lack of a better description seem to indicate disappointment that no one from here commented on this new post right away or even days later. Doesn't it seem odd that instead of sighing with relief that it was allowed to remain dead it is instead complained about?

Then once the fire starts blazing again because those with a comment other than the party line say something, and lets not forget that Mick started it up again by his own actions, they complain about those bad folks on the other side that have the nerve to comment or voice an opinion even though they were just seen complaining that no one here made mention of it. My take on it is if you are not really wanting comments then don't ask for them, expect them or complain about it when you don't get them.

And when the fire gets out of control again look at the source of that new fuel. Look closely and you'll see the facts support this most everytime that it all dies down again. It seems to me that if Mick and his fans really wanted this to die off and for good that he'd just shut his mouth and make knives. Generally speaking if you want a big fire to die and you have no other way of stopping it you stop feeding the damn thing.

STR

well, the problem with pointing out the splinters ....

The truth is that no one can control what another person does.
Therefore it's pointless to point to the other guy and try to claim"He started it" , because that makes everyone else look to be helpless and unable to not follow where the most crazy person leads.

On the other hand,the concept of : Turn the other cheek, is about the best way to get free of being dragged around by crazy people that simply dont stop being a cause of trouble, and getting forced into fighting and defending positions when you long ago lost interest in what the other person was saying about you anyway...

Alan placing blame and stating the facts are two different things I think. When no one responded to the letter there on the 'other forum' (even though they knew full well it was there in some cases) certain folks took it upon themselves to start forwarding links to the post that took you right to the letter. Now why would they do this unless they were trying to elicit a response, and more to the point mail particularly to people they already distanced themselves from once already perhaps more times? No it seems apparent to me when they get more than they bargained for in a response they once again pull the same old crap by changing the subject to divert attention and finding new things to pick on and whine about and on and on.

STR

Im not sure what links you speak of, However SPARK has posted a few links to another forum that I had to sign-up and become a member of just to read the forum text.

I learned that this other forum is a Strider Knives support forum...thus I didnt really see the point in thinking I was getting a "full story"

Rather I came away from that forum with the same feeling you would get if you have been to visit a Honda website, or a John Deere website.
You know full well that such a website has a clear reason for being around and that the reason is to push one thing,,,,
In this case, to push Strider and Strider knives.

Thus, it's a bit of a pointless place to visit if searching for truth.
It's a Hype-site...there to hype Strider Knives.
It's also pointless to get upset at things posted there, or to care.

I know that many cults have their own websites that likely have a very one-sided forum filled with posts that are very much against my way of thinking.
Well good for therm, it's a free country...But I dont really care what they post on their site.

From above link:
"Do you honestly think he didn't calculate every possible outcome?"

Probably had more to do with the bottom line than getting to the bottom of it.

Honestly I think it has to do with outrage. It is another person being outraged at what has taken place. And to be perfectly frank why does Lynn or anyone else involved in these public outcries need an excuse, or to be someone special or to be anything other than a law abiding tax paying citizen or Veteran to justify his own personal outrage and then voice it? I'm not directing this at anyone in particular. I'm just pointing out that Lynn and Spark are not doing anything here that Mick has not done himself in the past. The same crowd saying its wrong for Lynn to speak out were right behind Mick when he spoke out. So, apparently based on this response it depends on who speaks out as to if its right or if its wrong. When Lynn or Spark, or myself do it, well, thats wrong and we have no right. But, when its Mick or one of the Admin from somewhere else we won't name well, thats ok and just. Please. Its hypocritical at best.

Lynn and Spark both ask: Where was the outrage? Which was a very good question all along in this fiasco. If it was anyone, and I can't think of anyone exempt, if it was anyone at all, a politician, another knife maker, another Ranger, anyone caught in this same scandal or even close they'd be in ruin. When Mick tore into Chris Osman the way he did it was wrong. It was so wrong that he ended up really regretting it, and publically apologizing for it but no one, not a single one of the guys that are the first to jump down Spark or Lynn's throats about their voice said a thing about that wrong. Why do you think that is?
Do you think for one second that the same guys supporting Mick would not have had the noose in their hands tied and ready to go for Chris Osman if things had gone the other way? Think about it. Lynn simply thinks its outrageous that Ewing wrote what he did supporting Mick the way he did when the guy has virtually hung himself in public before and finds it puzzling that others are seen supporting Mick with all the factual and cicumstantial evidence stacked up against him. Its not unique. Certainly Lynn is not alone because many have wondered the same thing and I'm sure that sooner or later we'll all see it again over and over only it will be in different voices at different times.

Someone said it before. "Just try to ignore it" I think was how it was put. I think this thing is going to be a Wave going around the world a lot of times before all is said and done. Its entirely feesible that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg, particularly if more law suits pop up regarding it and even more stuff comes out.

STR

Back