Specs And Pricing For The TNT-15 Sword

Sometimes. On some sites. Having both made some money on some sales and lost money on others, I don't even try to play the game. Stick with the Exchange here for the chance at fair pricing. eBay has a certain notorious ethically challenged and overpriced seller.
I’m 99% sure I know who you are talking about.

And they already both sold for $475, wow. When Busse and Kin make swords, you won't lose money on them if you resell, at least from what I've seen.
In the beginning it's about playing musical chairs.....

Eventually, the price will come Down. After more come out, and everyone has one.

Not a big sword guy (or short sword in this case), but if I seriously got into the knife game 3 months earlier then the TNT would be at the top of the short order list.

First use......

My SYKCO comparisons

Here is the order of my testing with 20 hits each into freshly fallen hard maple

*Let me start off saying I'm not a sword expert.
*These are my First swings with the TnT.
*I am very comfortable swinging the 1311.

With that, I'm going to say that everyone should be pretty happy with the TnT.
It's very different than the 1311 though. There is going to be a learning curve to using it.... Sorta like there is when first using a kukri. It's Not the same as just another big chopper.

The order of chopping performance was
TnT
Alpha Regulator (but I missed two backhand chops) you can see my oops.

I continued to test the short sword after the log test.
It's very different, please be careful!
I had (3) glancing blows with it. Maybe because it's thick, but short? Idk....
But they Didn't stick into the wood, at the angles I'm used to....one almost hit my leg. Again..... Go Slow, be Careful!!!!

I like it, it handles quick, does ok in wood.... It's probably better with water bottles, and flesh, or something else? But pretty good with wood.

Again, I'm used to how Awesome the 1311 is, but this is a Fun blade too.

Idk if I'm still allowed to post comparisons in this thread....?
Especially since I Sold my tnt.

Earlier on, many people were wishing for Longer, Thinner, Lighter.......
Well something came up and I was fortunate to get all those things in comparison to the tnt..... And I did the same whacks into the log...... :)

I'm going to Have to do another direct trial with the 1311, since the tnt went bye-bye. It's going to be close idk? I'll keep you posted.

after the first twenty hits I started over again in a different spot, and easily, and quickly chopped through that good six inch log....

Lighter, longer is good.
Speed wins over mass.

Estimated delivery
Wednesday, October 13 by 7:00 P.M.

Yeeessss.gif

I got mine a couple of days ago. Most important is that they’ve done a good on on the edge. Unlike some Busse swords, this will cut without needing the edge extensively reworked.

The sori is a nice touch, although it’s pretty subtle. Tip is about the right amount of pointy-ness.

Handle is fine. It could be a bit wider, but you can always put your own ito-style wrap over it.

My one gripe, which is no surprise as we knew about it beforehand, is the balance point. It’s not bad, you can manipulate the blade quite easily, but it’s not optimized for a one-handed weapon used without a shield. There are lots of ways you could remove weight from the blade. My preference would still be a substantial full-length fuller, so you’d keep the overbuilt spine thickness for doing dumb destructive stuff.

In terms of different blade lengths, a 9-10” version with the same handle and 3/16” blade stock would be interesting. A 25” blade and 10” handle would be pretty epic, but then you’d definitely need to put in a fuller / widen the handle to keep the point of balance about where it’s is now (3” from the handle, which would be fine for a 2-hand weapon).

Overall, it’s a very fun blade and a great value. It’s not optimized as a chopper or a weapon, but should be fine for a lot of messing around. My preference would be to optimize it as a weapon by bringing the POB to within 1” from the handle, which would not significantly reduce other abilities. I’d be very happy if they’d offer a variant with a fuller, even if it were $50 more.
I wish I had This as a comparison to my Ti short sword now?
My new one is a thin, 20 inch blade. It's total weight is 16oz. I believe.
I forget what the TNT is, I think it was considerably heavier, but Everything you said, Now makes sense. A fuller would do it.
It really needed to be lighter.

It will make you happy! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Of that I have no doubt. I'm actually hoping it's as blade heavy as others have said because I'm pretty certain that my hands are small enough that I can actually get a full two handed hold on the handle if I choke up on it. Something that compact with a decent blade presence that I can actually wield two handed is exactly the SHTF melee weapon I was wanting.

Back