spent the night in the ER

was carving a fire board last night in a green piece of aspen I wasnt anticipating ho soft the wood was, I ended up taking the front of my thumb off...12 stitches later I'm back in action...I might be doing a little more reading than typing for a bit though...Man those moras can slice...The kicker is I knew I was using bad form...won't do that again...Stupid. Stupid!

Like I always tell my son, if you handle a knife long enough it's not a matter of "if" you will cut yourself, but when. Happens to the best of us. Hope your feeling better and thumb will ok.:thumbup:

I wont be playing playstation for a bit but it should healup fine..On a poitive note the docs did compliment my 1 handed wound dressing

12 stiches! Ouch!

Dont feel bad John...I sometimes catch myself not being as careful as I should either. Sometimes I pay the price, sometimes not. My latest slice came from separating those ice pops in the plastic tubes. Ran my finger between them like I had a hundred times before. Nothing quite like the feeling of something sawing into your flesh! I hope you heal up quick! :thumbup: -Matt-

yeowtch i hate cuts...ironic that i like knives do much.

i have to constantly think about where i am putting my blades because i've had too many close calls, especially with hatchets and axes.

whenever i think "huh if i slip this could be bad..." then i immediately stop...like i said too many close calls.

gunknifenut

KILJOY KutLery, hand made in Luling Texas
Thanks for not posting pics Bro..I am hung over.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that dude.
Hope you heal fast!
Was it your left or right thumb?

i got several stiches about a year ago in my thumb, 5 inner stitches and 13 outer. i was using knives again in a couple of days (luckily it was my offhand). hope you get back in action soon. no pics?

Tha's whay they call them accidents."Man those moras can slice" Amen on that.
Feel better, cut more carefully next time:D

was carving a fire board last night in a green piece of aspen I wasnt anticipating ho soft the wood was, I ended up taking the front of my thumb off...12 stitches later I'm back in action...I might be doing a little more reading than typing for a bit though...Man those moras can slice...The kicker is I knew I was using bad form...won't do that again...Stupid. Stupid!

Sorry to hear that bro......One more reason to hate those stupid Mora's eh !!!!

I have cut myself too often. But I learned every time and I never forget how much I hate cutting myself.
Can't imagine how afraid I'd be to cut myself, if I was forced to build a shelter and make a fire in freezing cold conditions and little time left. That's why practice is so important.

Will Power

Gold Member
The worst type of cut comes from a serrated knife,it's as if you can feel it SAWING through you......

Hope you heal quickly brother.

Lifes best lessons are sometimes those most painfully taught.

As long as you know and there isn't any permanent damage you will recover and go on.

Look at the positive - at least you got to practice first aid and you got a compliment on how you did.

When life gives you lemmons, grab the vodka and make lemon drops! :D

JTR357

Gold Member
;)Hope you heal up fast.I always get that "I'm doing something wrong" feeling right before I cut myself too.It's like a fraction of a second B4.I have to learn to listen to that feeling faster:eek:.

you shoul've seen the looks I got when they asked me how I did it...It got even worse when I suggested antibiotic treatment because I had used the knife to clean a dead turtle out of the shell earlier in the day.

Turtles often carry salmonella. No wonder they were concerned. Heal up and get back in there.

john, you crack me up!!!! YIKES! The turtle part is kind of funny.

Hope you heal up fine.

Brett