Important Info! Spring BeckerWest 2022, April 21-24

Jonny1280

Where’s the beer?
April 21st-24th

It’s that time for all the West Coast Beckerheads to unite!
This year it will be at the same “new” location. East of Bend , Or.

What can you expect when you show up to BeckerWest?
There will be food, fire, strong drink, contests, and general merriment! ...You get the idea.
Thursday- The OG’s and cool folk arrive.
Friday- New guests arrive, folks hanging out, setting up camp, a lot of B.S.ing, a fun night around the camp.
Saturday- Big breakfasts, contests, lot's of food, usually not as rowdy as Friday night.
Sunday- Breakfast, camp clean up, trash is picked up, and everyone is usually out by Noonish.

Contests will include,(but are not limited to):
-Chopping
-Tomahawk throwing
-Pistola target shooting
-BB gun shooting and/or Slingshot competition
-Fire making

"What should I bring?"
-Bacon
-Camp stove
-Food, drink, camp chairs for sure.
-Tent, hammock, or some form of shelter.
-Trade items
-Bring some TP, there are no restrooms.
-Folding tables and pop-up canopies are always nice to have and welcomed.
-Knives, guns, and gear. Ear and eye protection.
-Bring whatever you need to spend two nights in the woods.
-More bacon

Rules: Petty simple...

1. -Absolutely NO guns and booze! If you're drinking, you're not packing.
2. -NO dogs!
3. -Take your trash home with you please!

These have been steadfast rules. They work. Please don’t plan on breaking these 3 very simple rules.

GPS: 43°45'15.9"N 120°50'04.0"W

Google maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/43°45'15.9%22N+120°50'04.0%22W/@43.740241,-120.8757399,10z

Driving directions:
Take Highway 20 east of Bend.
At .2 mile past mile marker 34, make a right onto Moffit Rd.
Stay right through and past the farm.
When you get to mile marker 8, take a right and drive 1/8 mi. into the cluster of trees. We’re there.

If you have any questions please contact myself or FALER via pm.
I'll update this this post if more info is available.

There are a lot of folks at these gatherings with a lot of great knowledge to share.
If you haven't attended a BeckerWest gathering, come on out! It's a lot of fun!
If you can't get the time off work, well... you might as well quit your job because you won't want to miss this!
I’ll see you there!

I’ll update this post with names of those who will be attending:
FAL’ER
Jonny1280
Awesome-0
Padruig & Kyle
Bill Siegle
Pease

Last edited:
I’m in! I’m not sure who will come with me - maybe my brother.

I’ll try not to total my car this time.

Dude. You didn't total it. Minor body damage.
Just a flesh wound.
And don't even front like that was your car.

Dude. You didn't total it. Minor body damage.
Just a flesh wound.

I totally totaled it - the frame was buckled in three places and my insurance wouldn’t authorize the repairs. The guy said he thought I hit a big rock - hard!

Anyway, I got a new sled out of the deal. We literally had to order a new car - that was interesting…

Now I need to convince my wife to let me take this one on the trip 😏.

(Not the greatest pic - need to get it dirty)

2ZvXvhI.jpg

Oh man, I had no idea.
I retract my previous statement.

Shit the car didn’t look that bad. I’ll be there

It would be good to see Billy again I’m hope Jon can come

Re: Becker-Fest East of Bend, Oregon

I Wish that I May,
I Wish that I Might;
Yet I Dare Not Take
My Busse'-ies To Flight...
✈️

I could Forerunner Drive
🚗

Those 1400 Miles,
My Wanderlust would Thrive,
As I Motored there in Style...
🌄

'Twould Be Joyous to See
😂

Such Knife-Bros First-Hand!
🤝

Share Bladed Revelry,
🤸‍♂️

Rock Classic Tunes from such Bands.
🎶

Up for a Contest, You Say?
🪵
🪓

I'm Always Game for such Fun!
🏹

Drawn by such Brothers at Play,
Sounds like All are Winners when Done! 💪👑

Engage in Brewsky as Males, 🍻
Spit-Roast the Cow and the Pig, 🥩 🥓
Learn and Teach Mod~ Details,
And How Each Carries His Rig.🤺

Damn! I can't say that "I'M IN,"
Not at such early a date,
My Options have Grown Thin;
Yet Miss this Event? I'd truly Hate. 😠

As I fondle my Blades 🗡️
I know it's *Not Manly* to Pout;
😢

To Whimper, Whine, Groan by shades;
Yet who knows? Don't count me as Out... 🤔

Heck yeah man, come on out.
I like that he called it "Becker Fest".

Last edited:
Did Someone Say Cool :cool: ? (I don't know if I live up to that, but I do try:- )
Yet that is one of my many middle names peeps have referred to...
Along with Adventure 🌄 🧗‍♂️ 🏔️, and of course, Trouble ;)
I Mod'ed a handle for my Cammie Campanion in Green Ghost G10, with ergo curves in all 3 dimensions, as it "oughta be" for No hot spots while chopping with my inexpensive-wannabe-Busse, called Becker, with the four-paracord digital camo~ D-Guard for hand & finger Safety and of course, for Objective Coolishness.
Links to Becker Campanion Handle Photos & Further Description Below...
Made a tri-layered sandwiched scout-style sheath too, with thin brass plate center-lining SINEW-SEWED into those hard to find 1/16" holes I drilled patterned around the blade edge-line, and inner & outer layers of fine leather for my other Cammie Campanion as well, with brass Chicago screws holding Three sturdy straps for that horizontal carry method, with thick Kevlar Cord attached to a custom-shaped Kydex Collar for knife retention: Totally Silent Draw, Heh, Heh, Heh.
Sorry, No pics on that sheath-system at this moment.
Will work on that this week, if anyone is interested...
As I had mentioned on the Busse Combat Knives category here at the B/F,
I Just moved back from all last year in Madras, Oregon, "not too far" North of Bend to return to my 9080' elevation here in Colorado on 40 acres... Had I known...
The Further Promised Description:
At least One Busse-Blade Lover practices certain customizing on Camillus Beckers, the toughest inexpensive knife-that-was-once-out-there, but no more. Hope this may WOW you with two looks like this, Linked Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ko7my7E4ZPKQkePX7cuAnvmNuiV2FCx/view?usp=sharing

Inner shot of Upper Well-Pockets, two pocket-sets fashioned:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RB5NOSw0s6E6omQ3JwyyNnuPlppUwGHV/view?usp=sharing

Notice No Knots Visible: A Clean Machine...
All Eight Knots to the Paracord D-Guard Wrap are within my all hand-crafted Well-Pockets within the Green Ghost G10 that I made while crafting those handles...
I asked every mechanically-inclined guy I know if they had any "Hexentric Counter-Sink Tools I could use for my handle fastener holes, for I left mine in my other pants."
Alas... None came through... 😜
As Shown, I also stylized some Reverse Tiger Striping in the Dark relief per that awesomely resilient coating upon the blade sides. No actual Tigers appear sadly 'enuf.' But if you stare at the pattern "long time" you may see a howling wolf, a sitting owl, two fish top-viewed, and an eagle head... I left the other side coated, because those were a Lot of work, and black and green blade/handle combo is way coolish; methinks anyway. I OVERSIZED the handle beyond the standard black fiberglass/nylon originals, and thus a bit beyond the tang, for useful Palm Swells that can be seen on Both Spine Side, And Blade-Edge side, when using in "real reverse grip," for hammering purposes with no hot spots. I think it feels much better, much fuller in the hand than the originals.
Peeps who've handled this little beastie have one word to say: Whoa...
I like that universal response. The craftsman in me finds some contented satisfaction in that.
I would make it a point to bring this along for fondling & medium size knife chopping purposes to this here "Becker Fest" as I'm calling it, for I wouldn't Tempt Y'all with pics, then not produce the genuine article Live: That would be the depth of UN-Cool 👿 and I just don't go there.
Of Course, I'd bring my Busse Blades as well; Mama didn't raise No Fool...
And I don't leave Home without them in any event. That might be the Very Moment When the SHTF, No? Be Always Ready; Always Bring Your A-Game...
Haven't figured out how to post my photos here without getting into my locked Imgur account; oops; but in the meantime, the links above will work/open/are accessible "for Anyone with the link."
The Curious Will Press In...
Enjoy!

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to make one of these for years. Maybe now is my time finally!!
Eero Eero It’s a good time man. We’d be glad to have ya! I know you’ve expressed interest in years past. Just make the time and do it. You’ll be glad you did!

Back