Important Info! Spring BeckerWest 2022, April 21-24

Hope someone brings chunky meats! The spit is done! I used some mild steel and an old set of scales. The top notches allow two distinct positions. The holes are also sized to allow the “blade” to fit through but using them might add some complexity to a quick on/off with the meat. My design is based off what we rigged up last time so if anyone has any suggestions to mods, I might be able to accommodate. I’m just now thinking I’ll try and cut some hang hooks too 👍

View attachment 1765674View attachment 1765675View attachment 1765676View attachment 1765677

Hope someone brings chunky meats! The spit is done! I used some mild steel and an old set of scales. The top notches allow two distinct positions. The holes are also sized to allow the “blade” to fit through but using them might add some complexity to a quick on/off with the meat. My design is based off what we rigged up last time so if anyone has any suggestions to mods, I might be able to accommodate. I’m just now thinking I’ll try and cut some hang hooks too 👍

View attachment 1765674View attachment 1765675View attachment 1765676View attachment 1765677
That’s AWESOME! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m getting ready! Just a few more projects to finish before heading East!

Turns out I gotta dip out early, early Sunday morning to make it home for family pictures. Damn…

Two weeks!
I’m starting to get excited. This should be a fun one! Can’t wait to try out Bill’s Becker Spit! (A.K.A- Bex-caliber!)

Last edited:
Getting a new chair today for sitting around the fire.

Seriously Bill, you might want to think about this thing. Patents? Ka-Bar? Both?…
What turned out to be a wild idea around the campsite has become reality!
And it’s such a super cool idea. Who brought it up? Was it Kyle, Pease?… I can’t remember. I really can’t wait to tie some meat around that Bex-caliber and give it a go!
And now Pease has a pimp ass fire tool! Haha!

Back