Off Topic Springtime is lovely for a stroll in the snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had frost on the grass this morning, but it's supposed to hit 59° today, 67° tomorrow, and 70° on Monday. 70° in freakin' November.

yeah - I had frost twice this week, supposed to be 68 today and 70 tomorrow -- then rainy & 48 on Friday.
ETA: chance of snow Friday morning!

range day yesterday - helping a buddy sight in his "newsed" ATN scope.
after his first 6-8 rounds, I suggested he try a different ammo.
After 2 hours, I convinced him to try a different ammo... :(
his rifle REALLY didn't like the cheap, steel cased Monarch 145 grain ammo, but it was a lot happier with the Hornady 155's I brought.
it didn't help that we had a moderate breeze with frequent gusts.

I could use a few range sessions. 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
Foggy yesterday, none this morning though. I figured I'ld wake up an hour early this morning, just for fun. ⏰

I prefer my whiskey neat. My fil and I drink Scotch when I go to his house. He likes his on the rocks, but I just don't like cold whiskey.

I like a decent whiskey from time to time. It’s got to be on the rocks though. Room temp whisk always seems to burn more. But I’m a self-acknowledged whiskey whuss.
Bulleit and coke is great. For the price I really like Buffalo Trace too. Elijah Craig and 4 Roses too.
I’d love to be a whiskey connoisseur, but I prefer beer. There’s so many unique micro brews here in the PNW and I’ve always preferred beer over hard A.

#^_÷_%:_!! Covid ... lost my taste and still haven't gotten it back. If that wasn't bad enough bourbon tastes BAD to me now ... 😭
Been a year last week for me. I still can't taste and smell a lot of things.

Just bourbon or all beverages containing alchohol?

Been a year last week for me. I still can't taste and smell a lot of things.
It's been about a year for me also since I lost sense of taste and smell. Beer doesn't taste quite the same but it's not like whiskey which now tastes terrible. Not many things taste like they should, but anything with a stronger favor can have a bad taste.

Last edited:
Good news: the wall mouse found the bait!

Bad news: he died in the upstairs bathroom, boy howdy!

Good news: he died on the floor an I found him quickly!

Bad news: the upstairs smells awful!

Good news: the wall mouse found the bait!

Bad news: he died in the upstairs bathroom, boy howdy!

Good news: he died on the floor an I found him quickly!

Bad news: the upstairs smells awful
You ever type something and then realize you totally misread?

Yeah, that happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back