Spyderco 701 profile stones?

I am so encouraged to know that there are going to be a lot of Forumites and just knife lovers in general who are going to finally get their chance to actually work with a set of Spyderco's 701 Profiles. They aren't only just for knife sharpening and maintenance>> those abrasive tools have the potential to work great for all kinds of tradesmen and professions.

For "Preppers and Survivalists" these are among the most premium of portable/manual sharpening tools. I do believe when Spyderco sees how fast they sell out I believe it won't be too long before they are back in the main line up.

And for Spyderco to finally make them available in more grit selections is just outright awesome. I'll be getting at least 3 more sets I'm sure. It's not got me extremely anxious to also see the GAUNTLET system finally come to market.

This thread is so exciting it needs a bump. I know Sal mentioned CBN which is fantastic, but have we heard mention of an ultrafine?

Yeah the news of a CBN version of the 701 Profiles is excellent news and I couldn't agree with you more that a set of 701 Profiles in Ultra-fine would really help me a lot. I hope these new 701 Profiles will be a permanent fixture in the Spyderco product line.

I've also wanted to see the 701 Profiles be made available in diamond too. But for right now I'll take what I can get. Really looking forward to the new 701 Profiles.

We contacted the original maker to make more. they came in at such a high cost that making them will be cost prohibitive. We're considering a CBN version.

sal

Thanks for the update Sal. Stinks that it came in too expensive for the originals, but CBN would still be nice.

I'm in for CBN.
Diamond too, if possible?

Yeah me too for a diamond and CBN versions of the 701 Profiles. I'm so disheartened to hear that making new 701 Profiles have become "costs prohibitive". I was so much looking forward to some new 701 Profiles. I guess I better consider the 3 sets I have to be like "GOLD" so to speak. The 701 Profiles are such a genius design that I can't understand why they didn't sell better the first go-around. There are so few hand sharpening tools that I find do as good of a job as the 701 Profiles do.

There's just simply something wrong with this entire picture IMO.

Noooooooo. :(

Yeah I felt pretty much the same way myself when I heard the extremely bad news. Hell that was worse than watching CNN:mad:

I guess at this point the only thing that they can do to remedy this problem is to go all out and make the GOLDENSTONE in several different grit selections. I sure hope that won't be cost prohibitive :(

Or maybe there will be something in the upcoming GAUNTLET system to make up for it:confused:

Back