1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Spyderco Delica w/profile MODIFICATION...

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by BOOMER52, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Awesome work. I'm diggin' the mini PM2 look.

2. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    These look great! Message sent.

3. nccole

nccole

Jun 2, 2011
    No need to modify the blade at all in my opinion. May not look normal, but feels just fine.

4. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I agree! No need to mod the blade. It feels fine as is.

5. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    I am on BOOMERS' list for one of my Delicas to become a Lil' Para. Excite!

6. gull wing

gull wing

May 4, 2002
    Knockout look. :)

Great design, congratulations on a well carried out project.
    I got tired of the "old looking" handle shape on my Delicas and stopped carrying them. I want that handle.

7. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    What's the "ballpark" cost for this mod? Just curious. If it's been stated and I missed it, I apologize.

EDIT: Thanks Boomer52, for the PM.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  8. gull wing

gull wing

May 4, 2002
    Just thinking (that may be dangerous):D
    You may not need the liners on this knife with the slabs of G10 in place. G10 is much stronger than FRN. I don't think anyone will be batoning with this beautiful knife.

Great Work!

9. arskrg

arskrg

Aug 15, 2011
    Would these work on a Salt 1?

10. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Boomer,

Your work is downright awesome! Would you ever consider a similar mod for the Endura?

11. BOOMER52

BOOMER52 CNC Custom Scalesmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks... this Delica was a collaborative work. Member suggestions got it to this point.

I think there is room for some profile modifications to the Endura... it's just finding time to play around in CAD and seeing what's possible. The weeks following Christmas are typically my slow period and I have time for design work and developing new models. MAYBE it could happen then...

Steve

12. BOOMER52

Feb 27, 2013
    Negative for the Salt 1... sorry.

13. Moxy

Moxy

Oct 30, 2011
    Email sent. Nice work!

14. dageaux1209

dageaux1209

Jun 10, 2016
    If anyone is sill on the fence about getting a set of these scales you need to jump off of the fence and get an email out to Boomer ASAP! The fit and finish on these scales is phenomenal. I'm working or my next color combo already. Thanks Boomer. Keep up the great work!

15. BOOMER52

Feb 27, 2013
    I've now machined ALL of the liner color options for the GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para and I thought I'd put photos of those colors in one place... toxic green, royal blue, coyote brown, OD green and jade, orange, and red...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  16. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Got mine today and installed them immediately. I'm not particularly handy but the mod was easy with a sharpie and a Dremel with a cutting wheel. Dealing with the tiny screws was more difficult than the mod. The second pic shows one liner marked for cutting but not yet done.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

PinkmagicK likes this.
  17. BOOMER52

Feb 27, 2013
    Kevin... from the last photo... it looks like you had the proper lubrication for this modification...! I hope the new scales serve you well...!

18. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    All jade scales and a black or blue backspacer would look awesome. You could see through it to the steel liners.

19. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Yes sir. The mod was super easy. You did an excellent job on this design and execution. I am likely going to order another set when you get the red liners and back spacer material in stock. Hard to decide between that and orange when you're a VFL like me.

20. mattmanyam

mattmanyam

Apr 28, 2010
    Email sent, Sir!

What's the story with the micarta scales "experiment"?