Spyderco Delica w/profile MODIFICATION...

Josh,

I show a list in my signature at the bottom of all my posts that has ALL the knives I machine for... but that only shows if you have the 'SHOW SIGNATURES' checked in your 'Settings/General Settings/Thread Display Options. I'm guessing yours is not checked to display.

As far as Spyderco goes... I machine scales for the Delica... Lil' Matriarch... Endura... Matriarch... Resilience... Manix 2... Paramilitary 2... Yojimbo 2... & the Stretch. Then I have the modified Delica designs... the Strydica (Delica with a Strider'esque heel)... and the Delica/Lil'Para. I even recently machined a Delica/Lil'Para with the Strider heel. I also do a modified Endura (Military'esque looking).

I think I've put the first request for a full micarta set for my Endura! Your scales are awesome Steve!

This is a Forum brother's (uxo2) HAP 40 Delica wrapped in some custom GrindMod scales and back spacer. OD green, red and black G10, red G10 liners and red G10 smooth/flush back spacer... optional large lanyard hole... Wilson Combat Blast texture...
4YGTxVQ.jpg

JyvWZPb.jpg

dZ3ZjLy.jpg

UqDtJ2i.jpg

Just received a nice comparison photo of a Paramilitary 2 and the Delica/Lil'Para. Thought I'd post it up as I have not had a Paramilitary 2 on hand to take the comparison photo myself.

BYbpCnh.jpg

Steve I've gotta say these are ridiculous! Absolutely love them! I'm gonna have to get a FFG Delica and order a set of your GrindMod scales sometime. I haven't been too active here lately and don't even remember if I can receive PMs so if not, I'll message you when I'm ready for pricing. Keep up the awesome work!

After much waiting because the PO sent it on a long trip away from me.
My HAP40 Delica is back from Boomer.

Pictures simply do not do it justice. Holding it in hand just feels natural.

SANY0003_zps8lamtoz5.jpg

My impressions.
The Blast texture is perfect. Good grip but not to course.
It is still thin in profile and light weight.

The Big things I love about the GrindMod are.
I have a better hold on it.
Choil that works.
And G10 goodness made to my flavor.

The Early Low Pro Casey clip just adds a cherry on it.

I actually like it better than a Native5 in G10 because the Lil"Para is thinner and lighter compared to a Native 5 in G10.
Delica has has a thinner blade..

SANY0001_zpsaxd35agb.jpg

If you are on the bench about it...

Do it.

Last edited:
Can you do carbon fiber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As far as the color swatches... my G10 vendor is Alpha Knife Supply. I'd supply a link to their swatch page however I believe linking to their page would violate Forums rules.

I do not machine carbon fiber or Thunderstorm kevlar. I also cannot machine any of the plastic based exotics like CTEK, Juma, Kirinite etc. I have a high speed spindle based CNC and the bit speed exceeds the thermal threshold of the material... in other words it melts.

Steve

As far as the color swatches... my G10 vendor is Alpha Knife Supply. I'd supply a link to their swatch page however I believe linking to their page would violate Forums rules.

I do not machine carbon fiber or Thunderstorm kevlar. I also cannot machine any of the plastic based exotics like CTEK, Juma, Kirinite etc. I have a high speed spindle based CNC and the bit speed exceeds the thermal threshold of the material... in other words it melts.

Steve

What is your email? Don't understand why I can't message you from this phone app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EMAIL... sbutcher1552 at yahoo dot com

Do the standard conversion... replace 'at' with '@' and 'dot' with '.' Remove the spaces.

EMAIL... sbutcher1552 at yahoo dot com

Do the standard conversion... replace 'at' with '@' and 'dot' with '.' Remove the spaces.

Steve, I tried sending you a PM, but it said you can't accept them right now. I'll try the email.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back