Spyderco Mule Team Details

I have good reason to think these will be fixed blade, and just because I'm a rez' Golden/Earth guy and drink coffee at the local SpyderBucks has nothing to do with it;-) No tellin' what the steels to be used will be. Personally, I hope they aren't identified, maybe just coded. If the alloys are experimental & proprietary, that makes sense.
As for costs, one should expect that a special-project of a micro-nature has to be an expensive endeaver. Costs will be passed, and I'll even bet that the cost will vary per issue. To make the project meet it's intended goal, I would also think that those selected be in for the duration-not per issue. I can see the future abuse reports now: My S7 throws straighter out to 30 feet...than my S6...

Count me in for the whole series Mr Glesser email sent !

Just a query for you Mr Glesser if there is a group of interested Aussies would we be able to combine shipping just to save us some $ ?? Sort of a group buy kinda deal i suppose ?

Count me in for the whole series Mr Glesser email sent !

Just a query for you Mr Glesser if there is a group of interested Aussies would we be able to combine shipping just to save us some $ ?? Sort of a group buy kinda deal i suppose ?

Seconded! How many knives can you fit into one package?

Is anything happening with this? Why aren't more people jumping on this thread? C'mon guys, this is a really great idea!

I previously joined by direct email to Spyderco.

I am really looking forward to this happening (hopefully).

Barry

I have yet to see an official sign up. I just saw "Email us if you are interested." type of things. Is there an official sign up yet? If so, link?

I have yet to see an official sign up. I just saw "Email us if you are interested." type of things. Is there an official sign up yet? If so, link?

Well, I haven't seen one either, so I guess they're still just gauging interest.

Also what do you think our chances are of combined postage down under mate ? Would be cheaper then seperate post , but its up to you ?

Also what do you think our chances are of combined postage down under mate ? Would be cheaper then seperate post , but its up to you ?

Hmm... having gotten stuff direct from SFO (which is how I assume it's going out), I'm pretty sure we can do it, given the size of the box they send it in. Really, one of us could just order two (or however many we want), and then just mail it out when it gets down here, and figure out a way to split the cost. Or we could ask for them to save up the knives, and just mail them out 4 at a time (or however many can fit). Either way would be fine with me.

Customs shouldn't be a problem, but another option would be to ask the guys at Elite Steel to place the order for us, and they'll sort out customs and all.

From what I've read on the spydie forums, this is it.

EITHER:

You don't sign up now and the blades are all spoken for, you will be out.

You don't sign up now, there does not seem to be enough interest and the project is scrapped, you will be out.

Taz says the e-mail wil be non binding as prices are not yet set. I would encourage all seriously interested to e-mail.

:)

Anybody have any more news on this??? last I heard, Sal had the steel. Now no information for a month. Just wondering what the current scoop is.

Thank you sir!!! I guess those of us who emailed our information in will be contacted with price/etc. when the blades start rolling off the line then? I can't wait to get my hands on some of these.

Email sent. Don't know why it took so long for me to see this thread...

I can't wait to slap some sexy scales on it and then beat the hell out of it.

I would love to particpate from the law enforcement (undercover) perspective. I do carry fixed blades and folders both on duty and off. I think if you were to have the sign ups on an individual basis, it might be a good source of marketing information. Based on the response to the various steels, you would be able to identify the market interest for that particular steel.

Hi! I'd also love to get in on this. It sounds like a great way to compare knife steels at a price that won't make me cry :)

Email sent,
Zithras

Hey guys how are yah I'm just wondering i have sent an email a while back regarding this, but never received a response is that normal. Is it possible to post some sort of list online to see who is on it or some sort of other confirmation. take care & i can't wait eh.

aj

Is the email address still valid?

My email bounced with an invalid recipient response.
Definitely still interested if its not too late.

Back