Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Really, guys? It's pretty silly to characterize knife vendors as engaging in extortion and greed. Absurd, really. We are not in the midst of a gas shortage or a potato famine, and no one is limiting the supply of a life-sustaining commodity like Charmin Ultra Soft. PM2's with pretty blue scales are just expensive toys and nothing more, so get over the indignation. If you don't want the toy at the offered price, don't buy it. Carry an Endura for $60 instead, that does exactly the same thing that blue Para 2 does. That's hardly extortion, or the evil G word that gets thrown around when someone can't articulate a legitimate complaint. Of course, its never greed when one of us wants to get paid at fair market value for what we do. Its always the other guy who is "greedy". And around here its usually a knife vendor, because if we don't get a blue Para 2 in our pocket right now for $109 shipped, there is going to be some name calling. Veruca Salt comes to mind.

I bought 2x S110V blue Para 2's for $149 each. I almost bought 3x, because I love my toys. If I want to list one of them on eBay for $9,000 and charge $500 for shipping, its no one's business. Pay it or don't. But either way, consider limiting the crocodile tears and the righteous indignation, because we're just talking about toys here.

It's not just the obscene prices. This has been discussed before... Here's some pointers taken from previous threads:

- They were caught selling thir exclusives on Ebay as an auction joining the flippers where their knives were going for well above MSRP. Quite tasteless and bad form for a dealer.
- Preorders when they did them were paid in full and non refundable... not illegal but no other reputable dealer does either. Also in the language, there are no guarantees if they oversell meaning they don't even have the motivation to track how much they sold until you are SOL and without a knife you commited to.
- Asolutely NO RETURNS. I've never heard of such thing. You can't even request for them to check your knife as a courtesy that is done by many other popular online dealers. Also, if you get a lemon... they make you go straight to Spyderco, that is terrible customer service and no other online vendor selling ANYTHING I have ever bought ANYTHING from has tha policy.
- They have since removed this from their site (because of the backlash) but delivery wasnt guaranteed!!! Once they hand it off to the USPS, if they lose it and you don't receive the package you are SOL... Of course, you can fight this with your CC company but that was their policy. They even urge YOU to pay THEM for insurance through the USPS.
- When the Elmax Para first came out, they had the audacity to bundle it with the Lil Matriarch exclusive that wa a sales dud and tried to force US to get THEM out of the hole they created for themselves. That was unprecidentedly terrible and no one bought it. What dealer does something like that?
- Bumps the price for example of the S90v Millie to over $300 when other dealers value similar models like the Cruwear Millie and the CF Millie from $140-$190 when they came out. Full MSRP is their right but that alone is enough for people to patronize other dealers. It is cleaer that many agree as ALL of their recent sprints are still in stock and ALL of them being popular models would have long sold out if it were commissioned by other dealers.
- Out of fear and greed, they forced Spyderco to sell THEM their entire lot of factory second S90v blue Millies so that Spyderco doesn't sell them on their yearly factory seconds sale. The result: $200 plus taxes and shipping for a knife without warranty... Factory second Millies sold by Spyderco are half that price. No other dealers to my knowledge has done this to their exclusives.

They DO NOT have the cheapest prices for the Delica/Endura, after $12.95 shipping, they actually have one of the highest. Also, if you live in CA, add in 9% sales tax. To make your statement completely wrong, some variations like the pink ones are at full MSRP which make the THE MOST EXPENSIVE.

This is NOT at all just about the free market, I just wanted to clear that up. You are, in this free market FREE to shop there. They will have rare knives that no other dealers have because of their prices but guess what... Evilbay and knife exchanges will have those rare models at similar or less prices MOST of the time, just be patient. They also supposedly have good email communication. Whoopty do, ALL my dealer do as well. Even Ebay flippers will want to talk to you for your money.

You can argue that none of this is illegal or it just doesn't bother you and make you love bying from them even more... But to a lot of people, all these and more combined make them a terrible place to do business with.

I gave reasons as to why I don't deal with BBS and possibly why others do not as well. Nothing more.

They have every right to do whatever they want with their business. So do I.

I bought 2x S110V blue Para 2's for $149 each. I almost bought 3x, because I love my toys. If I want to list one of them on eBay for $9,000 and charge $500 for shipping, its no one's business.

So which is it?

If you list it on eBay for some outrageous price, then the reason you bought multiples becomes pretty obvious.
You can feel free to buy multiples if you collect Spyderco knives, or if you decide you want to get rid of some, I don't begrudge you getting a fair price for them, but price gouging is lame. Is it my business if you're being lame? Not really I suppose, but it sucks for me, the guy who just wants a knife, a toy to love, just like you have.

There's a guy who resells Busse knives for double the price he paid, and he's a dick. He's free to do what he wants, but we all think he's a dick.
If you're the type of person who doesn't care that other people think you're a dick, well, there ya go... :rolleyes:

Personally I can't stand places like bento box shop. Abhor them. But I've been seriously tempted to buy something in cruwear off their site because even after their ridiculous markup they're cheaper than your average flipper. And they're going to be in stock because of their ridiculous practices.

If I bought 100 pieces at wholesale and sold them at 50 bucks or I bought 50 pieces and sold them at 100 bucks, I make the same amount of money with far less work.

Like them or despise them, BBS provides a service. They charge less than double, and they provide you with a place where you can purchase the knife you are desperately looking for.
A lot of eBay flippers charge double, or more.
BBS's high price is the reason the knife is available. Would you prefer to see a lower price next to an "Out of Stock" label??
They do charge a lot, and yes they are shady, but it's like buying tickets from a scalper. Do you wanna get into the show or not??

Country Knives is showing a price of $250:foot:

Yeah, I've seen them and their exorbitant pricing before. I have to admit, though, that sometimes they have a knife that NOBODY else has in stock anymore. Of course, you can see why.
RamZar did good with his price. A good friend sold me his "spare" NIB S110V at his cost (low), so I'm very pleased. Good friend; good price; great knife.
I wonder whether I will ever carry it... :)

I'm so on the fence of buying one just because of the handle. I don't give a damn about S110V. That handle is beautiful.

I'm so on the fence of buying one just because of the handle. I don't give a damn about S110V. That handle is beautiful.

Yeah, I was on the fence with this one too but went ahead and pulled the trigger. I have a fair idea what to expect out of s110v but haven't tried any yet so this knife was a good excuse. As far as the handle, I'm not even positive I like the color but I like that it's different and what the hell, I AM an LSU alum. :rolleyes: :)

glad we got back on topic.

i have been carrying mine for the past few days and much to my delight, its a Para 2. excellent F&F as usual and an amazing value at the price i paid. Have not sharpened it yet but the factory edge is quite nice and slicey as usual. i am going to get into the heart steel this weekend to remove the ground material and expose the working edge, so we will see how that goes. (my first s110v blade)

I really really dig the handle. If I were an LSU alum i would absolutely pair the knife with a yellow lanyard, that would look real slick.

This knife is a must have for me. But not a must have right now. I am waiting until the dust settles. Plenty more knives to purchase until then.

and much to my delight, its a Para 2. excellent F&F as usual and an amazing value at the price i paid

I like the knife and I like S110V steel. I think it is a good value over the standard model but that of course "is in the eye of the beholder", or rather the purchaser. I had 3 sprints and eventually sold them because I wasn't a collector. I wanted one that I could feel free to use. I still have one S30V model and I'm not sure I can tall all that much difference between it and S110V in normal use, but maybe after I use it for awhile I will see more difference.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they are both great knives.

I'm happy for the Golden factory and Sal with this release, a newer steel and a nice scale on a show stopping model. Blue scale must be a favorite or a proven seller looking at the previous PM2 ,Manix, and Endura offered in this color. I would love to have this knife and will put it at the top of my list .....IF! I can receive it at the marginally fair price around $160 but preferred around $140, It has my attention to a point is what I'm saying. I hope that they can produce enough to meet demands and not limit them in production to shut the door on me, I adore all my Spydies but will not go to extremes to own the latest release or sprint with large mark ups through a vendor, At 46 I've learned to control my urges and live without, even if I don't like it. Please keep churning them out.

Here's my dilema-
2 Spydies. Can only get one.
PM2 S110V or Gayle Bradley 2...
Which to buy???

[B said:
Gaspumps[/B];15250545]Here's my dilema-
Which to buy???

I was having great difficulty in locating a PM2. Asked a good friend that same GASPUMPS question. My VERY SMART FRIEND (unnamed BF ANCHOR) advised me several days ago..."I would wait on the Para 2 S110V, it will be worth it."
Now, I just luckily found a PM2 (a spare from another friend), but I hope to also get the M4 GB2 later. (May have to sell my car...)
I once had a Manix 2 LW in S110V, and found the knife to be "light and flimsy" in my opinion. I've had multiple GB's and loved them, but they were just too heavy for me to carry, and too heavy-duty for my casual use.
It appears to me that Spyderco is going to hit two home runs...back to back.
Way to go, Sal!

Last edited:
Pics because.

21114328974_8738cb26df_c.jpg

21724638322_a4f9b168c0_c.jpg

I used mine today while trouble shooting my well pump. I need to pull the pump now that I've exhausted all options. I'm sure the pm2s110v will help me with the trouble shooting and possible replacement tomorrow.

Here's my dilema-
Which to buy???

I have PM2 and previous Gayle Bradley. I characterize the PM2 as a good EDC knife, and the GB as a good work knife, so it depends on what you really need the knife for.

Can anyone please tell me if the G-10 on the "new" PM2 110s feels different than the regular black or digicam versions? Some have said that it does, others say that it does not. Please, someone who has both to compare, please set this straight. Thank you.

Back