Spyderco Techno First Impressions.

Alright, I went out and snapped a bunch of phots. And also have a video uploading now. I am no expert photographer, so bear with me. I tried to shoot pictures of things I like to see, or that I though you may want to see.

Impressions.

Stout. This is a beefy little guy. Thick titanium framelock, with no bladeplay in any direction ( always a huge plus out of the box). The blade is a whopping 5mm thick. Not sure if this is the thickest blade Spyderco has done, ( perhaps the Tuff? ), it is however the thickest Spyderco I have handled. Eyeballing the edge and blade geometries, it appears to come down as thin behind the edge as the Paramilitary 2. Again this is just visual speculation, as I do not have calipers yet.

The Handle is very comfy in my extra large hands. In the " natural " sabre grip, I get a comfortable three finger grasp, with my thumb on the gimping. I am comfortable choking up just behind the edge, which allows for a four finger grasp.

Fit and finish is excellent. The edge of the backspacer not raised, are flush with the titanium. The slightly raised "gear" pattern, or oversized gimping, if you will, is not overly aggressive. It is also not overly raised. Dead centered. The stonewash is very nice, reminds me of Anso stonewashes.

I will let the photos do the rest of the talking until I am ready for a full review. Some photos may be in the wrong direction until Photobucket updates them.

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

Last edited:
Cant wait for mine! Good pics! Iv been on youtube for a long time and just now found your channel looks pretty cool so i subbed!

I love everything about this knife...except the price tag and the Taiwan on the blade...I know the story behind it....still can't get my head around it.

It is steeply priced, no doubt, and I balked at first, but Mr. Sal knows we can't say no to this one. I think also that its not easy to come up with new design variants in a saturated market that still will have mass appeal, but I think this is one of them. I like also the blue spacer (very nice) and deep wire clip. But I like what I'm seeing, and think this one is a hit.

It is steeply priced, no doubt, and I balked at first, but Mr. Sal knows we can't say no to this one. I think also that its not easy to come up with new design variants in a saturated market that still will have mass appeal, but I think this is one of them. I like also the blue spacer (very nice) and deep wire clip. But I like what I'm seeing, and think this one is a hit.

I agree. I think it is pretty neat design. And I do think it will be pretty popular, for people who don't mind pocket tanks.

Thanks for the great shots and initial review. I'm liking this design quite a bit. Makes me even more excited that mine will be here in the next day or so. Mike

This knife is very, very high on my list. It really reminds me of a Mike Obenauf folder that i lost trying on coats at a store many years ago. The Techno will be a great, legal sized, heavy duty EDC.

Love that pic with the toad! I really like this knife, but I can't stomach the price; even though it is probably worth it.

I've been waiting for this thing for a long while. I think it's well worth the money. Oh well, maybe the ZT 560 can wait...Or the Brad Southard flipper :-?

Wish it was a tad bigger. Just enough for a real full 4 finger grip. Love that Spyderco came out with a beefy framelock and a monster thick blade. Would like to see more of em
in the future.

Great shots Steel. Thanx much.

Kudos to everyone involved; Marcins created a great design, Pitre brought the knife to our attention, Carpenter got their XHP to us in time, our maker in Taichung met the design challenge very well with exceptional quality and the Spyderco crew made it happen.

sal

Kudos to everyone involved; Marcins created a great design, Pitre brought the knife to our attention, Carpenter got their XHP to us in time, our maker in Taichung met the design challenge very well with exceptional quality and the Spyderco crew made it happen.

sal

Congratulations to Spyderco on making it happen. I'm looking forward to getting mine on Monday.

sal
Wow. Thanks for the compliments Sal! This is one of my most loved Spyderco's to date. And everyone involved with it did a fantastic job.

I'm really intrigued by this knife. I can't decide if it will fit my hand well so I'm a bit hesitant to order.

Nice pics, now I want one even more Another homerun for Sal and the Spyderco crew:thumbup: Spyderco will be seeing some Benjamin's from me this year thats for sure

Back