Spyderco Techno First Impressions.

Very gracious of you to say so knolan - thanks.

I am aware that many. many people love the stock version and in performance terms mine is virtually unaltered but, I just prefer a slightly more understated look. As I mostly were Khaki for work the new G-10 blends better - the blue backspacer made a very obvious highlight in my pocket (almost negating the value of the deep-carry pocket clip for me).

It suits me and would be easy for anyone else who wants to make similar adaptations...

Ben

Very gracious of you to say so knolan - thanks.

I am aware that many. many people love the stock version and in performance terms mine is virtually unaltered but, I just prefer a slightly more understated look. As I mostly were Khaki for work the new G-10 blends better - the blue backspacer made a very obvious highlight in my pocket (almost negating the value of the deep-carry pocket clip for me).

It suits me and would be easy for anyone else who wants to make similar adaptations...

Ben

The mods you made really do make sense with this knife. I think I would have kept the raised jimping of the G10 though. Not that you need it, it's just cool looking. Anyway, like you said, the knife probably blends in much better when you're wearing Khakis around the office. It also does look that much more friendly without the bright colors and raised jimping.

Hey The-Stig,

Thanks for your comments. I hear you about the raised jimping but it was likely going to be a struggle to get at perfectly even finish by hand.

As I mentioned my adaptations could be done by pretty much anyone (and they work for me!)

Cheers!

Ben

Back