Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

Since, I've been AWOL for awhile, thought I would post two today. Here's one of my all time favorites in better days.
KcSdiIj.jpg

Thanks to Rich at R&M Custom Knives, I was able to secure this beauty from John Young. It was well worth the wait! This amber stag has so much more definition and color than my crappy pics can show lol. John did an amazing job and built me a fantastic centerpiece for my Dropped Hunter collection.

I sometimes wish there was a hidden camera to catch the look on my face when I unwrap a knife of this caliber...

3208E6E5-0F1D-4428-B82F-D05DA31134E4.jpeg 57B81C6C-B4B0-4A8A-B5DC-8C3DCD8F2294.jpeg 15F7E55E-8C46-46C5-A8D7-86C211A45C85.jpeg

Thanks to Rich at R&M Custom Knives, I was able to secure this beauty from John Young. It was well worth the wait! This amber stag has so much more definition and color than my crappy pics can show lol. John did an amazing job and built me a fantastic centerpiece for my Dropped Hunter collection.

I sometimes wish there was a hidden camera to catch the look on my face when I unwrap a knife of this caliber...

View attachment 824590 View attachment 824591 View attachment 824592
That's a beauty, Jake! A great knife by one of the best. Congratulations!

IMG_2786.PNG
Amazing coincidence, I just literally rec'd a dog paw #33 in the mail 20 minutes ago:thumbsup::cool: a gift from my friend Duncan Morgan. We both admire the knife and Duncan was able to land two beautiful examples. When time allows I will post pics here. A wonderful knife:thumbsup:

That's great to hear Paul, I look forward to seeing both yours and Duncan's. From what I understand there's not too many of them so I'm glad that Duncan was able to land a couple of them. I regretted parting ways with a 13 clerk with some nice stag scales but when I landed this one it made it all better. I believe I like the 33 pattern better and I also like the stainless steel blades better as well. Here's the pile side of mine with another picture of my best friend when he was a pup. I miss him greatly.

Here you go, a qwik pik. I am so thankful to Duncan, we both love dogs as do so many here and what a fitting tribute to our four legged friends:thumbsup:

Mine is aptly named "Buddy" my forever avatar. He passed February 25th 2016. Simply the best friend I've ever had. I love the knife as its covers fall into the "pocket worn" category.
CYOO4M.jpg

And here is Duncan's, more in the "gnarly" camp:cool:
Ibzo2U.jpg

tcvU7G.jpg

Last edited:
Just a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend forgot that her Dog Paw Knife was in a little zippered pocket in her purse as we were going through security at the airport.

It almost got thrown out but she was able to take it back out to the check in area and convinced one of the airport people to mail it to our house.

Well, it arrived at the post office and I had to go pick it up because they sent it in a regular white envelope with one stamp on it. I owed the $2 postage due and couldn’t believe the knife didn’t rip out of the envelope and go missing forever...again. Not sure how many lives dogs get but this one burned 2 in just the matter of 4 days lol.

Here you go, a qwik pik. I am so thankful to Duncan, we both love dogs as do so many here and what a fitting tribute to our four legged friends:thumbsup:

Mine is aptly named "Buddy" my forever avatar. He passed February 25th 2015. Simply the best friend I've ever had. I love the knife as its covers fall into the "pocket worn" category.
CYOO4M.jpg

And here is Duncan's, more in the "gnarly" camp:cool:
Ibzo2U.jpg

tcvU7G.jpg

Well Paul we have another coincidence. My dogs name was "Buddy" as well. Although sometimes when we were playing I would call him Bodie. Something my daughter started. He passed October 7 of 2015. The picture I posted first is prominently displayed in the house as he was a dear family member. Those two knives Duncan found are beauties as well. It would be nice to see GEC do another run of these. Maybe a barlow with the dog paw on the bolsters?????

Well Paul we have another coincidence. My dogs name was "Buddy" as well. Although sometimes when we were playing I would call him Bodie. Something my daughter started. He passed October 7 of 2015. The picture I posted first is prominently displayed in the house as he was a dear family member. Those two knives Duncan found are beauties as well. It would be nice to see GEC do another run of these. Maybe a barlow with the dog paw on the bolsters?????
What a beautiful pup you posted in your first post. We have a picture of our Buddy on our living room end table. His collar is draped over his picture frame along with his ashes in an urn alongside. The framed picture of Buddy is the one Duncan painstakingly drew with over 100 hrs of his time invested into what Nanc and I treasure as a priceless gift from Duncan.

I agree totally with your Barlow idea:cool::thumbsup:

So I am running out of stag in my young collection so I need to start looking ASAP in order to keep up in this great thread! Anyway... I did my due diligence in researching Winterbottom Bone and based on what I found it is considered stag :thumbsup: See the excerpt below from David Clark's 2002 article "WINTERBOTTOM BONE Knife Handles" where he says Queen Cutlery called it "Genuine Frontier bone stag" :)

Q3.JPG

See here are my last Stag Saturday photos until further notice LoL :D It's a c. 1958-1960 Queen #11

Q2.JPG Q3A.JPG Q1.JPG

- V_P

Lostball- Oh man Buddy looks beautiful in his photo. What a great boy he was.
Don’t these amazing furry friends leave such massive voids in our lives when they have to go- just terrible.

Paul mate- yehaa they are here!
Can’t wait to get my hands on mine!!!
They look great!

Back