Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

Thanks for this one Jake!

20170318_115929-2-1_zpsy8lpfxy8.jpg

...and a fun comparison shot with my Workhorse whittler for Stag Saturday.

20170318_115837-1-1_zpsvn0yjuoe.jpg

Eric That's a remarkable knife in ALL ways :cool: Could you tell us something more about it please? Why anybody would want to sell it is beyond me though....

Talking of which, I'm grieving here because I missed a Stag Dixie on the Exchange :eek::grumpy: Fine example of a fine large 3 blade knife.

Regards, Will

Thanks Pt. I wasn't so sure of the pattern before. Now that I have it in hand I'm liking it more than I thought I would. Of course being stag has its bonus points. I have the office clerk coming and that definitely will be my "desk" knife.

Eric That's a remarkable knife in ALL ways :cool: Could you tell us something more about it please? Why anybody would want to sell it is beyond me though....

Regards, Will

Hey, if you just want to send me funds to buy knives with so I don't have to sell anymore, I'll get you my PayPal account info! Thanks Will!!! LOL

Sometimes the hard decision to sell comes up, unfortunately, I can't keep them all if I want to continue buying other things that strike my fancy.

I'll let Eric throw out all the details. Glad you're happy with it bud.

Thanks Pt. I wasn't so sure of the pattern before. Now that I have it in hand I'm liking it more than I thought I would. Of course being stag has its bonus points. I have the office clerk coming and that definitely will be my "desk" knife.

Mr. Alan, I agree with you, only when we can touch them and feel that we can catalog them, but as I have never had a # 13 in my hand it is only from sight and so it does not seduce me very much.

Talking of which, I'm grieving here because I missed a Stag Dixie on the Exchange :eek::grumpy: Fine example of a fine large 3 blade knife.

Regards, Will

Thanks Will.

Yah, I was lucky that Jake put this one up. He still has at least two Bose and another Ryu in his collection, plus many others I'm sure, so I think he's ok :D

The one thing that I always notice about Ryuichi Kawamura's knives is that he seems to have some of the best cover material around, especially his stag. At least in the varieties that I like, as I know everyone has very different tastes in stag. The stag on this knife is perfect for this model, I would say. It is somehow very knarly and rustic and yet somewhat clean and classy looking at the same time. It must be very difficult to get stag with that much character, from end to end to be thin and even and perfectly fit it in between the bolsters. The closed length is 3 5/8" and the steel is 154. It is slim, compact and light for a 3 blade knife. All blades are ground very thin, which I prefer, and the execution of this build is amazing. Perfect even pull on all 3 blades and no rubbing. It is about as close to perfect as I have handled.

What else can I say other than I just love it.

Mr. Alan, I agree with you, only when we can touch them and feel that we can catalog them, but as I have never had a # 13 in my hand it is only from sight and so it does not seduce me very much.

Thank you for the kind remarks about my Stag Sir .
There were 2 reasons why I got some of the 13's .
1. I could get it with Stag .
2. I did not have a Congress pattern in my collection .
I have found out that for me the Whip is what I would call a good Gentlemans Knife . The Whittler is thicker and might become a decent work knife . I have found that I like the feel of the Congress shape in general and I expect that you would too .

Harry

Bob, that's some mag stag you got there. Who did the rehafting?

I've got the little Hornet again today.

IMG_0431_zps5blppplk.jpg~original

IMG_0425_zpsszgchwtk.jpg~original

Back