Stagalicious! Just Stag !!

Fight'n Rooster.
Greg

orig.jpg

Um...wow. Very nice. That little 3.25 incher from Reese was a great knife.

Duncan, I think all of us have been in this position at one time or another in our lives as users and collectors.

There were periods when I never considered any of the myriad factors and qualities that go into higher end knives. And I was happy as a clam.

Now, on the other hand, I find myself pursuing more custom than production knives but fully realize that I will never attain the type of collection and rarefied examples owned by many of our knife collecting brethren. And I'm still happy as a clam.

As Greg mentioned earlier in this thread, "it's not a competition", and truer, wiser words are rarely spoken. The depth of one's pockets hardly needs to determine the pleasure in our avocation.

It's the appreciation of the great knives, the materials and especially the great community that makes the whole thing special. Never regret what you have...and never regret what you don't. They're all special and all have their own particular level of meaning.

And that is Blues' message from the pulpit today (for whatever it may be worth ;)).

Carry on. :thumbup::cool:

Very well said, and I completely agree :thumbup::thumbup:

Ive snagged a couple more stag c-locks since this pic.They are my favorite pattern and handle.:D
IMG_0209-4.jpg

Another Bob Cargill CC in Sowbelly style..

2lvb6og.jpg

A Mike Wilson premium Friction Folder with Damascus steel..

2lw6i3b.jpg

2yltv9i.jpg

Anthony

A variety. Have not posted a lot of these.

One is an xx era (early 40's to mid 60's) xx canoe in fantastic shape.

Stag1.jpg

stag2.jpg

stag3.jpg

Gus,

Nice pictures of some really nice stag! Who is the maker on the bent gunstock jack with pen? If you have a chance please tell us more about it.

Ken

Hi Ken,

That one was made by Bailley Bradshaw. I purchased it from Randy (Nifrand).
The stag on it is very figured. Not sure where Bailey get it, but he always seems to have very nice and unusual stag. Pretty sure he used 3V on the blade.

I can not wait to add yours to the fold. :D

g

There's some beauties there Gus. Very nice! :thumbup::thumbup:

Duncan, I think all of us have been in this position at one time or another in our lives as users and collectors.

There were periods when I never considered any of the myriad factors and qualities that go into higher end knives. And I was happy as a clam.

Now, on the other hand, I find myself pursuing more custom than production knives but fully realize that I will never attain the type of collection and rarefied examples owned by many of our knife collecting brethren. And I'm still happy as a clam.

As Greg mentioned earlier in this thread, "it's not a competition", and truer, wiser words are rarely spoken. The depth of one's pockets hardly needs to determine the pleasure in our avocation.

It's the appreciation of the great knives, the materials and especially the great community that makes the whole thing special. Never regret what you have...and never regret what you don't. They're all special and all have their own particular level of meaning.

And that is Blues' message from the pulpit today (for whatever it may be worth ;)).

Carry on. :thumbup::cool:

And there is a guy that drug him into custom slipjoints who will remain nameless. ;)

Back