• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krippendorf
Have you contacted the Clinton Ms. Police Departmental and reported your purloined items.. the Nr. Is 978-365-4111. A number of us have already done so. The more that step foreword the more likely it will be that they take action... not saying we will get our property back but it might help curtail further shenanigans by Mr. Ketchen and save someone else being robbed of money and property.

I so feel for you guys Ernest. Each bad news post on this topic literally makes me nauseous.
What a turn around from great guy to trash.
Joe

Sent a couple more emails to Steve. Still no replies received.. what a butt nugget,

Joe their is one bright spot in this whole mess. That although Steve turned bad for whatever reason I have had the privilege of meeting a lot of good people on this forum. The knife nut world really does have some good hearted and upfront folks in themcommunity. Although Steve pulled a really crappy deal on people I still witnessed people trying to reach out to,him and encourage him to do what's right. Condemnation didn't come until it was quite obvious that he had turned rogue or self serving or whatever. Peolple gave him the Benifit of the doubt and the room to do the right thing and even over a helping hand. Too bad he turned his back on all.

Great post Ernest.
And you are correct brother......there is a ton of great people here. Most will offer a helping hand without being asked.
Hope you stick around to receive some good, instead of the shit you got smacked with.
Joe

Great post Ernest.
And you are correct brother......there is a ton of great people here. Most will offer a helping hand without being asked.
Hope you stick around to receive some good, instead of the shit you got smacked with.
Joe
Joe this was my first venture in Using the services of someone on blade forum.. damn I can pick em... but after going through the GB and U posts I find more positive than negative. I refuse to let the actions of one perso. Sour me on others. I don't have or know the reason why Steve went dark but I am thinking he got,into a jam and didn't know how to pull himself out and took what he thought was the easy way. Although pissed as newt at Steve I really hope he gets his act together.. the,whole affair seems way out of character. I don't understand how a talented person who had built a reputation as solid as his just throw it away.. there is a sad story here.

This is the reason I keep coming back to this thread Ernest.
Known him since I first joined and considered him a good friend.
Knot still firmly stuck in stomach.
Joe

Contacted Clinton PD today to see if I could get an update/progress report on what they doing about Steves dirty dealings with folks. My phone Nr. And name were taken and I was told that the detective would give me a call... felt kinda like the check is in the mail moment. Haven't called me at this time.

Keep pressing guys good to see people going after a thief here. I'd also look into a small claims court.

Keith is right guys, pretty sure you don't need to be told, BUT stay the course and follow through.
Who knows, it might be the best thing for him.....hopefully open his eyes.
I think the worst thing, if it were me....easily could've been.....the knives sent. That is like a quick kick in the nuts.
That's really a personal thing to a knife nut. And that really sucks.
Hope you guys stick with it.
As usual....good luck guys.
Joe

Keith is right guys, pretty sure you don't need to be told, BUT stay the course and follow through.
Who knows, it might be the best thing for him.....hopefully open his eyes.
I think the worst thing, if it were me....easily could've been.....the knives sent. That is like a quick kick in the nuts.
That's really a personal thing to a knife nut. And that really sucks.
Hope you guys stick with it.
As usual....good luck guys.
Joe
I also truly hope you guys get compensation or your knives back. I just can't belive that a hobby or passion most here share can be soiled like this for greed.

Talk about getting sick to your stomach reading this thread! Many of you know that I am (I guess now "was") one of Steve's biggest customers, and possibly have the largest number of his customs (a couple of dozen...) starting from late 2013/early 2014. His attention to detail is unmatched and it's completely terrible that he's disappeared completely. I'm guessing it's my turn to call the Clinton PD and put my name on the list they have going on him.

Steve currently has a large Lum Chinese folder of mine (with some custom Micarta scale slabs to go on it), a cheap Spy-DK and my grey Lum Tanto sprint (not cheap). I have always prepaid for my orders with him, and of course sent him the funds a few months ago to cover the first Lum Chinese job out of good faith. We were planning on something really special for the Tanto, now I just really want to see that knife in particular back in my hands.

What a huge loss for the Spyderco community in my mind. In many ways, my decision to buy a particular Spyderco knife was based on whether Steve could mod it to something really special for me. Guess those days are over, which is a shame...

Cheers, Radioactive

Talk about getting sick to your stomach reading this thread! Many of you know that I am (I guess now "was") one of Steve's biggest customers, and possibly have the largest number of his customs (a couple of dozen...) starting from late 2013/early 2014. His attention to detail is unmatched and it's completely terrible that he's disappeared completely. I'm guessing it's my turn to call the Clinton PD and put my name on the list they have going on him.

Steve currently has a large Lum Chinese folder of mine (with some custom Micarta scale slabs to go on it), a cheap Spy-DK and my grey Lum Tanto sprint (not cheap). I have always prepaid for my orders with him, and of course sent him the funds a few months ago to cover the first Lum Chinese job out of good faith. We were planning on something really special for the Tanto, now I just really want to see that knife in particular back in my hands.

What a huge loss for the Spyderco community in my mind. In many ways, my decision to buy a particular Spyderco knife was based on whether Steve could mod it to something really special for me. Guess those days are over, which is a shame...

Cheers, Radioactive
DNA do call the Clinton PD the Nr. Is 978-365-4111. The more that call and report the dirty deeds of Mr. Ketchen the more likely they will take action.

Good grief how big is the fraud... folks keep popping up and by the sounds of it some serious cash is now involved. This has to stop.. I wish their was an alert available to let all Blade Fourm members be notified by. How many haven't read this thread and just email Steve for work and he strings them along. This guy has turned into Darth Vadermof the knife community.. what a shitty little toad!

He was alive long enough to tell a pack of lies to a bunch of people.. then he went cold and silent. I wrote him a letter recently and it wasn't returned... that's all I know!

He is alive. 100% sure about that.

Sorry to hear it brother. When I first joined the Spydie forum, your pics are what sent me to Steve 3 years ago. He's done a whole bunch for me too.
He refuses to man up here. Spoke with him the first week of July, had a couple of knives packed up ready to send his way.......with the cash inside. Then I saw this thread that Peter started and literally got nauseous. I was only a day or 2 away from shipping.
What really pisses me off is that he told me to send the knives and money to him the first week of August. He was, out & out, looking to rob me. At that point he was already deep in shit and had no intention of working on my knives. He was just setting me up.
I always sent cash along with my knives and 3 weeks later I'd receive a work of art with a thank you letter.
He was an excellent dude to deal with, every time.
Now??? He is just another scamming thief.
The money sucks to lose, but the knives??? That would hurt us much more. And he knows we're knife knuts. Losing those special ones, that's what I always sent him, hurts, bad.
Scumbag........never thought I'd see this day.
Again, sorry brother......losing that Lum Tanto hurts.
Joe

Cheers, Radioactive

DNA- I think my loss is bad, then I read about the losses of others already posted and now yours. Mine seems so minuscule compared to some of the other monies and knives gone missing. No shame with Steve. He set a number of us up to defraud, strung us along, and tried to bait others (Joe, and I'm sure others) as well.

Please do call the number Mr Wohleb provided if you can.

I don't know,why I do it... tortured myself by looking over past work by a Steve. It sucks being late to the party and still have to pay a cover charge and not get a prize. Steve Ketchen if your reading these posts I hope your a happy camper now that you have lost your reputation and considered a scumbag thief and I'd wager you kick your dog too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back