• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a funny feeling he’s been taking orders. Thought this when I saw a couple of you guys get your knives back. I was wondering how he got the money to buy the materials to do the work.
Also, he was really getting after me to send my knives and money only a couple months ago.
I was hoping this was going to be over by now and Steve would start on the road to redemption.
Shit.

I had a funny feeling he’s been taking orders. Thought this when I saw a couple of you guys get your knives back. I was wondering how he got the money to buy the materials to do the work.
Also, he was really getting after me to send my knives and money only a couple months ago.
I was hoping this was going to be over by now and Steve would start on the road to redemption.
Shit.
And he is still not answering emails, phone calls or letters... hopefully the latest being scammed get ahold of the Clinton PD and turn his sneaky little butt in.

it would appear so, sadly :(
Pete it appears those of us who took action are radioactive to Steve and he won’t touch us with a ten foot pole. Seems like he is still pulling folks in based on his past rep and haven’t found this forum yet. What a total piece of garbage.

The knife world was a better place when Ketchen was legit & not asking for advances...

Maybe he'll turn it around. I hope he does.

But I'm not gonna help underwrite his comeback tour...

Took too much work from too many parties just for me to get back even with the guy.

A bit melancholy for me, actually...

Pete it appears those of us who took action are radioactive to Steve and he won’t touch us with a ten foot pole. Seems like he is still pulling folks in based on his past rep and haven’t found this forum yet. What a total piece of garbage.

I've been Radioactive for a long time now! ;) And Steve actually helped make me that way... That's what's the saddest part to me - the growing pile of Spydies I have that could use some of his custom scale magic. Oh well.

I feel your pain.

At this point even if he did come back I would be surprised if he would even accept any work from us that rattled the cage.

I just,put a buyer. BeWare post on his site just to warn folks if he is still taking orders.

I only have o e knife worked on BY Steve and he did really nice work what a loss.

This guy has dug his grave here. With all the posts just on this thread he knows what he’s doing. All the speculation about this and that is wasted on this guy. I mean the police talk to him about his involvement in this and still no response we get it he made great stuff but he dosent give a rats ass about anyone but himself. I just hope everyone googles his name and sees what a sucmbag he is. He might have made some right and that’s great for them. So glade this guy has his own sticky

The thought that people would welcome this guy back is amazing to me. Maybe we should all get together and do a raffle to help poor Steve out? I mean what the heck, we are the ones being unreasonable here. Just because it took an extra 6 months and police involvement to get our stuff back shouldn't mean a thing to us. I'm sure Steve was going to return everything on his own. His timely, crystal clear communication to all of us while this was going on (and now even) certainly made me understand the situation to the fullest. The police were probably never even needed. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that most of our knives started shipping within a couple days of the police detective visiting him. Let's just get Steve set right back up here because God knows, we all need custom Spyderco scales, risk be damned. I'm mean, I'm sure if something happened to Steve again he'd return any outstanding knives because he's learned his lesson here this time, and would never do something like this again.

<-- Here is where I would put a very sarcastic emoji face, but I'm on a Kindle fire and emojis don't show for some reason.

And, no sympathy here to anyone who gets burned by Steve after reading this thread and still chooses to use him.

Last edited:
Couldn’t have said it better myself CF.
At this point we have seen his true colors. He got a couple of people squared away after a visit from LE. As soon as the pressure let up, he reverted right back to POS status.
There is still one really good radioactive guy here who doesn’t have his knives back.
There is no effing way anyone would have gotten anything back without police involvement.
Total POS that should never see another dime from anyone here.
The reason I feel this way is he was trying to get more of us to send him Knives and Money when he KNEW we would never see them again.
He did this to people who spent PLENTY with him in the past. Total thief.
Joe

The thought that people would welcome this guy back is amazing to me. Maybe we should all get together and do a raffle to help poor Steve out? I mean what the heck, we are the ones being unreasonable here. Just because it took an extra 6 months and police involvement to get our stuff back shouldn't mean a thing to us. I'm sure Steve was going to return everything on his own. His timely, crystal clear communication to all of us while this was going on (and now even) certainly made me understand the situation to the fullest. The police were probably never even needed. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that most of our knives started shipping within a couple days of the police detective visiting him. Let's just get Steve set right back up here because God knows, we all need custom Spyderco scales, risk be damned. I'm mean, I'm sure if something happened to Steve again he'd return any outstanding knives because he's learned his lesson here this time, and would never do something like this again.

<-- Here is where I would put a very sarcastic emoji face, but I'm on a Kindle fire and emojis don't show for some reason.

And, no sympathy here to anyone who gets burned by Steve after reading this thread and still chooses to use him.

Yup I was one who held out some misguided notion that Steve Be could be brought back into the fold. Foolish me no more like stupid.the light came on full when I read here that he is still playing his game, hasn’t bothered to respond to emails’ his voice mailbox is full and wont respond to letters... boy is a mega turd.

Hopefully folks still getting burned will contact the Clinton PD and hopefully if they do the Detective will be so aggravated by his shady doings he will press charges. The fact that so many were trying to work with Steve and try to get him back on Track and he spit in our faces.. well some jail time might do him some good.

I hate to wish bad things on anyone, but if this guy hasn't had REALLY bad things go on in his life, then the alternative is...well :poop:. Since REALLY bad things usually involve others in addition to the individual, I guess I just hope he is a :poop:. WOW, never thought I'd say that, very sad :(.

Hi guys, I received an update yesterday from the Clinton PD Detective that he learned Steve has moved several towns away when he tried to hand deliver my address to him. He said he sent Steve a letter with my new address that didn’t get returned, so he was taking that as a good sign that Steve had received it, and that I should contact him when my knives arrive.

At least he’s taking it as a good sign... :(

Hi guys, I received an update yesterday from the Clinton PD Detective that he learned Steve has moved several towns away when he tried to hand deliver my address to him. He said he sent Steve a letter with my new address that didn’t get returned, so he was taking that as a good sign that Steve had received it, and that I should contact him when my knives arrive.

At least he’s taking it as a good sign... :(

It's a good sign for the Detective :rolleyes:...it means Ketchen is some other LEO's headache.

I think it's a bad sign that Ketchen moved-- appears he's running from something-- maybe he's been evicted...who knows. :confused:

Was the Det. able to tell you which specific town he moved to? If so, I'd contact that agency and inform them that they've got a new resident who's already on Santa's naughty list. :thumbsdown:

The Detective did not tell me where Steve moved, and I highly doubt he would even if I asked. The only other town referenced so far in this thread is South Lancaster, which is right next to Clinton, based on the pic of your shipping box Petey. Now whether this qualifies as a "few towns" over to the Detective, I don't know.

I would just like to get the ever-present knot out of my stomach about all this. It's bad enough when I pick up one of his beautiful knives and am reminded of this last chapter of our (what was great) relationship together.

Mine came from Boylston, MA, also a few towns over from Clinton.

Well, Boylston is a positive hit...

5K8d2tX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back