• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

STRIDER BT Destruction Test Video completed.

STRIDER BT Destruction Test Video completed.

What happens ? you will have to watch. www.knifetests.com

Statement:

From the beginning of my thread on this planned test. I was attacked from the beginning.I was called every name under the sun. I was threatened by one. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

I have showed all what I'm made of. I have proven I have the drive and motivation and the GUTS to make a contribution to the knife world.

My site will soon be on every search engine on the internet. In time, Millions will seek what I have offered. Opinions will form. Consumers will chose.
It's a fact.

END:

Enjoy the videos. They were made for you.

Who will survive and what will be left of them ?

Well, it proves it's tough as hell, and you are nuts! But I say it's cool, there's nothing wrong with being nuts no matter what the "collectors" might tell you.
This should make the Strider guys happy in spite of themselves!

:jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit:

i dont see the need to buy another one, save your money and test something else. you can clearly hear it break, and you pounded it with a hammer so its not really strange if it breaks imo. anyway i think it held up good. maybe you should test a cpm 3v knife to compare it

I read all your threads before about testing the Strider. I just would like to know, how are we to take you seriously when you are dressed up like that? What are you hiding from? I know you'll probably think I work for Strider, but I don't. If what you are truly after is respect, then act like an adult, take off the mask, and conduct your test. Also it might be a little easier to breath with the mask off.

I read all your threads before about testing the Strider. I just would like to know, how are we to take you seriously when you are dressed up like that? What are you hiding from? I know you'll probably think I work for Strider, but I don't. If what you are truly after is respect, then act like an adult, take off the mask, and conduct your test. Also it might be a little easier to breath with the mask off.

first it's my method now it's my costume you will always find a complaint.
If I remove the mask what will be next ? Besides the mask is good face protection. have a sense of humor. I do.
it keeps Jason coming back time after time.

Thanks, I got a kick out of it. I've heard a lot of stories about how brittle S30V is and this puts that to rest for me.

first it's my method now it's my costume you will always find a complaint.
If I remove the mask what will be next ?

First, let me type this very clearly to you. I didnt have a complaint with your "method". I dont give a shit if you wear a costume or not. You claim to want to be taken seriously, but I think most people wont because of your costume. Also, you should consider wearing safety glasses instead of a mask because it wouldnt be cool to lose an eye in one of your videos while you are doing a test. I'm trying to offer you constructive criticism, and now you are wanting to go on the defensive. Also you spell Strider out "S-T-R-I-D-E-R that spells Strider in case you didnt know." making it look like you are be-littling them. You need to be more neutral when doing a test. Take care, Aaron

Noss4, please don't change anything about your testing methods or choice of costume. Maybe some of these folks take knives (any maybe themselves?) a little too seriously. Your methodology & sense of humor is different, and I really enjoy different. :)

I'll second M Wadel's comment about buying some other knives rather than another BT. Maybe throw some cheap(er)/inexpensive stainless fixed blades into the mix to see how fast they fail?

First, let me type this very clearly to you. I didnt have a complaint with your "method". I dont give a shit if you wear a costume or not. You claim to want to be taken seriously, but I think most people wont because of your costume. Also, you should consider wearing safety glasses instead of a mask because it wouldnt be cool to lose an eye in one of your videos while you are doing a test. I'm trying to offer you constructive criticism, and now you are wanting to go on the defensive. Also you spell Strider out "S-T-R-I-D-E-R that spells Strider in case you didnt know." making it look like you are be-littling them. You need to be more neutral when doing a test. Take care, Aaron

Were do I claim anywhere I want to be taken seriously. If the do or they don't

Watch the video again I spelled out strider because I didn't want to hear everyone saying I bought a cheap imitation. I don't know how I was "be-littling" Strider I think they came out great. And they made $350 off me.

I wear safety glasses under the mask. I'm going on the defensive. I think not you made a post i just responded. i guess I'm not allowed to do that.
"You need to be more neutral when doing a test" you do one your way. I did one my way.

Hey noss. Great test. To be honest, I did not think the BT would last so long. Where did you buy it? How would say the Strider fared, compared to the other knives you tested?

Tough luck the camera going off seconds before the knife broke. I could hear how pissed off you were.

An hour and 5 minutes?? Could you just post a summary of what tests you did and how they turned out? No way I'm watching 8 minutes of you trying to get the camera angle right, shuffling bricks on the floor etc, to see 2 minutes of test...

I think your videos are great! You spend the money out of pocket to show the rest of us what some of these knives can take. I can careless if you are wearing a pink afro with a purple tutu. Keep on the good work on taking these knives to the limit.

By a chance, do you think you will ever test some folders to see what they can do?

~Brian

Statement:

From the beginning of my thread on this planned test. I was attacked from the beginning.I was called every name under the sun. I was threatened by one. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Yeah, you were called a lot of things, and guess what, you deserve each and every one of them. As for being "THREATENED" you, how, pray tell, were you threatened? Can you specifically show how you were threatened? I guess not, but I'm pretty sure your paranoid/delusional mind will just come up with an excuse and say stupid stuff like that again. As for being a big boy, you at least had that right. Your a big "boy"! :barf:

I have showed all what I'm made of. I have proven I have the drive and motivation and the GUTS to make a contribution to the knife world.
Geez, I wonder what contribution you made? Oh, I know, it's that people shouldn't take any sort of drugs, especially expecting mothers, since it will not be good for the children. And yeah, way to show you have guts by wearing a mask! :jerkit: :foot: :jerkit:

My site will soon be on every search engine on the internet. In time, Millions will seek what I have offered. Opinions will form. Consumers will chose. It's a fact.
I doubt that!! :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Grow up and get a life! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey noss. Great test. To be honest, I did not think the BT would last so long. Where did you buy it? How would say the Strider fared, compared to the other knives you tested?

lapolicegear.com The strider is the toughest so far. Not the best chopper on wood and splitting 4x4s because of blade length. The k-bar bowie and Becker BK9 performed better for me at this. the bushman is also a great splitter with
it's strong narrow blade. also I had a little trouble cutting long sheets of card board with the strider. It tends to wedge it self in creating resistance. I have the same problem with other knives of this thickness and grind.

Back