STRIDER BT Destruction Test Video completed.

i beat the crap out of my heavy heart fusion steel heart a while back. batoned with a 5lb sledge, chopped a metal picture frame, chopped a brick, etc. i had the pix posted, but they have expired, i guess, and i deleted them from my camera.

Unless I am mistaken, you said you were going to test Striders warranty and see if they would stand behind the knife after you tested? it.. Are you still planning on doing this?

Don't miss understand me their is nothing wrong with scientific testing. If people benefit from this then great. I just do it the way I want to and put it out their.
people like it or they don't. Whatever floats their boat ?

thanks for the great test videos. doesn't bother that some things aren't "exactly" like i would want, i just appreciate you showing what these knives are capable of. in this case it was even within the manufacturers stated warranty which i find even more illustrative. keep up the great works.

while i hate to tell someone clearly fronting their own funds for an experiment what to do with their money, i would be most intersted in seeing busse/swamp rat/ranger/benchmade/future spyderco largish fixed blades tested.

Again, thanks for the great work!
ryan

Unless I am mistaken, you said you were going to test Striders warranty and see if they would stand behind the knife after you tested? it.. Are you still planning on doing this?

No because I didn't break it on camera I have my own rule about this.I was off 4 seconds. I have all the other knives that broke on camera boxed up ready to ship.Their warranties are not as bold as strider's. However I do want to see how they will handle it. They will be provided with full info on what I did. They may already know. I'm sure Strider isn't the only manufacture on here. Seeing what people are saying about there knives.

Overall I appreciate your efforts, noss .... perhaps as much as anything because it's not something I'm likely to do with my knives.

I was going to comment about the masks, along with the folding chairs I was wondering if you and your partner are professional wrestlers? :) Don't understand some of the negative reactions you've gotten, what I've seen so far it looks like you're being honest with what you're doing, and having some fun and making it entertaining at the same time. Perhaps just the controversy that always seems to stir whenever Strider is the topic.

Keep in mind that the grind of the knife has a GREAT deal to do with how it performs under such stresses. This is 1/4" stock with maybe a 2/3 height grind on a fairly narrow blade that comes out very thick behind the edge--any steel under the sun will stand up to a lot of abuse with that kind of geometry. ..... if you duplicated the Strider's grinds out of D2, 420J2, 5160, ATS-34, S5 shock steel and cold-rolled welding stock from Lowe's--ALL of them would hold up very well, because there's a HELL of a lot of steel there supporting the edge. With a thinner edge, though, the differences in these steels would become apparent quickly.
Yes, despite the poor choice of steel, the Strider is tough due to it's thickness and cold-chisel geometry. IMO this really isn't much of a knife, in terms of what knives are usually used for. Honestly you could do a lot more with a $10 Mora and an inexpensive hatchet .... and the weight and inconvenience wouldn't even be as bad as carrying around a Strider and a ball peen hammer.

Noss4, I have watched most of your tests and I must say while they don't have all the polish of a hi-tech publication they appear to be honest in their presentation. The vast majority of knive's will never see such extream treatment. For splitting wood my favorite choice is an axe however it's nice to know how far you can push a knife if you and your axe become seperated. Your tests do reveal a lot about the makeup of the knife tested.

About the outfits well.... If you can't have a little fun then why bother. It doesen't matter what you do or how you do it there will always be a critic. What's important here I think is you are making an effort which is more than most.

Thank you I look forward to more tests.

Bors.

congratulations on breaking the knife. I particularly enjoyed the masks. I have the same comment I made last time I wrote about your tests. I do not wish to see you lose a finger or even a hockey mask holder. lease take some more care on the side of safety and good luck. Keep up the good work.

Noss, If you are going to test another Strider, may I suggest that you test one with a more conventional grind such as the Mark-1, Mark-1A, MT or MTL. These would be closer to the other knives tested.

noss4
I think many people here are just jealous because they cant afford to destroy so many knives. Like I said before, keep them coming!

lol oh i dont think its got anything to do with that, yea i could afford a 350 buck knife, and sure if i wanted to i could break it.

what noss is doing is called an "INVESTMENT'........notice how it went from a youtube production to now a www.knifetest.com production.?.........think about it.....

there are many ways to make money on the internet..........1000 to 2000 worth of knives to break and notorious videos to show on a website..............

yea bub, i know what your doing.......................

there are many ways to make money on the internet..........

name some, I could use the extra income

Interesting test, didn't chop or cut too well, but works as a punch/chisel/splitting wedge. Sorta wish there had been a flextest in the vise, that's where I was expecting the tip to snap.

lol oh i dont think its got anything to do with that, yea i could afford a 350 buck knife, and sure if i wanted to i could break it.

what noss is doing is called an "INVESTMENT'........notice how it went from a youtube production to now a www.knifetest.com production.?.........think about it.....

there are many ways to make money on the internet..........1000 to 2000 worth of knives to break and notorious videos to show on a website..............

yea bub, i know what your doing.......................

I would surely like to know how he's gonna do that. Noss doesn't sell any products on there nor is he charging anything for downloading the videos, they're free for anyone that wants to see them. Maybe you're going to tell me Cliff Stamp makes money too because he has a few pages worth of knife testing. Give me a break! The guy spends his own money, time and effort yet gets insulted left and right. If that continues to be the case here on BF, we will only see less and less reviews, destructive or not. Then you will have to take out your own $350 knife (which I doubt you have) and test it yourself.

If you are doing a folder test, I would love to see a wenger vs. Vic
testing the various implements. I am sure vic would win but I think a lot of people would be surprised at how well the wenger keeps up, and even outshines the bigger brother in several ways.
Then of course you could destroy them. :D

ps, I am at work now and I can't watch videos, I'll check it out when I get off shift.
Sounds like a doozie, though!

As for folders, i'd love to see something like a Ka-Bar Mule vs. a Buck 110, I have both and they are built like tanks, it'd be interesting to see which holds up to the more abuse. Great videos so far!

noss4 would like you to think that his detractor's are objecting to the breaking of knives, and it seems a great number of his "supporters" think the same. Maybe there are a select few people who object to breaking knives.

I could care less about what he breaks. I don't like his ... behavior and ... grandstanding posts. I am not in the minority in this opinion.
He comes across as a ..., and with every successive post reinforces that impression.

Edited by JT for language & personal attack, time to tone it down

noss4 would like you to think that his detractor's are objecting to the breaking of knives, and it seems a great number of his "supporters" think the same. Maybe there are a select few people who object to breaking knives.

I could care less about what he breaks. I don't like his asshat behavior and semi-illiterate grandstanding posts. I am not in the minority in this opinion.
He comes across as a dumbass, and with every successive post reinforces that impression.

Rat you never had anything of any value to add in any of your posts I've seen just insults. . I will just ignore you from now on. Life is to short to wast time with you. I will pass silently through all your hot wind.

Rat you never had anything of any value to add in any of your posts I've seen just insults. . I will just ignore you from now on. Life is to short to wast time with you. I will pass silently through all your hot wind.

Reading and comprehension is not something you excel at. I have read your posts, which is how I come to my scathingly accurate observations.

The funny part is, you probably don't see the irony in saying you will "pass silently" through something.

I will act like an idiot, Who will pay attention to me?!!

Interesting but...

Why no prying/flex testing like you did on the Cold Steel? I'm severely disappointed.

Back