Stupid people can do stupid things.

This is more entertaining then 90% of the crap on tv.
I'm tempted to put my BK2 on a key chain and setting it down on the check out counter while I look through my wallet.I have a Fry's and Petco/Petsmart ect. card,it would be funny to see the reactions.
This would put ME in the stupid people category,but funny as hell.

That would be funny, It reminds me of a thing that happened the other day at a fast food restaurant. Well the story is that the company puts these little peel-away stickers on their cups and other thing that you peel and have the chance of winning a free cookie or something along the lines of that. Me not having the longest finger nails I could not peel the sticker off for my life, so having a knife on me I proceeded to reach for it. Right as I took it out of my pocket I realize that it was not the most friendly looking knife and I didn't let the bother me I just wanted that cookie. As I was using the tip of the knife to remove the sticker and I hear "Mom look at that knife. . . it has stripes on the blade" in a kind of concerned, scared, and interested tone of voice coming from a little kid. When the Mom looked over and when I looked back they were gone and across the restaurant in another seat, so that is my story about peoples reaction to my knife in public and the knife was a Strider SMF and sadly I did not win the cookie :(

Myself. When I was younger I had this knife that had a small curve on the hilt. It was new. Straight from the box. Every now and then I would take that knife and spin it on my finger. Sorta like spinning a hanger. One day when I was spinning the blade it slipped. Hovering in the air. Being young my first thought was to grab it before it hit the ground (as if it were a phone or a glass.) After attempting to grab it the blade swiped my ring finger taking a small chunk out of the tip. The fun part was getting cut right when company arrived. :rolleyes:
-Wolf :fox:

Its reasons like this that NOONE except me will be using my zt 560 unless they can tell me EVERY spec of the knife(so I can tell if they are a knife knut and know how to use a knife right)

1. The isn't a word "NOONE", you probably mean "No one" - just a pet peeve.

2. It's very easy to know if the person is a knife knut, they will have their own knife and not need to use yours.

Amongst the stupid knife things I have read about the most common is lending your knife to someone. Anyone that needs to borrow your knife is not safe to lend it to. Anyone that is safe to lend a knife to does not need to borrow your knife. Since the only people you can trust with your knives don't need them, you can safely stick to a no lending knives policy. That would cut out two thirds of the stories in this thread!

That would be funny, It reminds me of a thing that happened the other day at a fast food restaurant. Well the story is that the company puts these little peel-away stickers on their cups and other thing that you peel and have the chance of winning a free cookie or something along the lines of that. Me not having the longest finger nails I could not peel the sticker off for my life, so having a knife on me I proceeded to reach for it. Right as I took it out of my pocket I realize that it was not the most friendly looking knife and I didn't let the bother me I just wanted that cookie. As I was using the tip of the knife to remove the sticker and I hear "Mom look at that knife. . . it has stripes on the blade" in a kind of concerned, scared, and interested tone of voice coming from a little kid. When the Mom looked over and when I looked back they were gone and across the restaurant in another seat, so that is my story about peoples reaction to my knife in public and the knife was a Strider SMF and sadly I did not win the cookie :(

That is exactly why I stand there for 2 minutes when I am deciding wich EDC I will pocket today. People are not overwhelmed with my Blur, but when the My Tiegh with the VEFF serations come out--people think I am a zulu warrior.

No. I didn't think of it before i sent it back, I was too mad haha. There was just chips all up and down the spine

My friend asked to see my S-35VN PM2, so I gave it to him since there was nothing around us that he could mess it up with. Big mistake! We were sitting on the stairs of my apartment building when he started stabbing the wood panels on the wall next to him and trying to pry them out! I immediately told him to give me my knife back and to my disappointment, he blunted the tip of my beautiful brown PM2.

Another one of my friends asked to see my brown PM2 after the above incident and I didn't give it to him. Then he told me he wasn't going to do anything stupid with it. I specifically told him not to pry or stab with it. Then I went to see what he was doing with it and found out he was prying the sink plug! I told him what the hell do you think you were doing? and he said he didn't know what prying meant. That is when I promised myself I would never give a knife to ANYONE except my brother who knows how to handle a blade.

Today I have another story I can post here. Today I was on my way home with a friend and we saw my trashcan had some cardboard in it, being bored we decided to stab it with out knives. I went first and stabbed it a few times and then it was my friends turn. The first time he stabbed it he said "the lined unlocked" so he goes for it a second time and he stabs into it and for some reason he put weight on it and the handle pivoted and closed on his finger. A second after he cut it there was blood everywhere and I rushed inside to get him some towels and water and when I go back we realized it was cut to the bone. About twenty minutes later we were on our way to the emergency room. In the end he had to get stitches and was lucky because he almost cut a tendon. If you are wondering what knife it was that cut him the knife was an Emerson Roadhouse that had really early lock up and was not broken in and that was the reason it closed and also because he was stabbing a semi hard target.

About 6 months ago I was home alone for the day for some reason that I forget and towards the early afternoon I was starting to get board so I decided to go get my Kershaw fillet knife and throw it at my bedroom wall for some stupid reason... On the first two try's it kinda just sliced my wall and then on my third try... The handle hit the wall(which is rubber mind you) and the blade came back at me and stabbed me about 6 inches below the knee... I was bleeding like a pig. After about 10 minutes of direct pressure the bleeding slowed down to the point where I could examine the wound... It was a little over a 1/2 inch deep and about a 1 1/4 long(it was a pretty bad cut). Then after another 10 minutes the bleeding completely stopped. I went though about a half a roll of paper towels in that time mind you. And being stupid me and I did was put some noesporine and a bandaid on it and let it heal on its own. After about three weeks it was all back to Normal:) now that's one thing I will never do again:D

2 weeks ago today exactly, i was eviscerating a dogfish (shark) over the side of my boat wth my newly 'wicked edge' sharpened filet knife.....i was alone as with most day trips during the last 40 years of fishing in the san juan islands. Looooooong day, 9:30pm and needed to get motoring home (13 miles away), so this was about 'doggie' #20 that i'd caught in the last 4-5 hours and i was innattentive and somewhat hurried. leaning over the side with the filet knife in my strong hand (rt handed), i grabbed the 'doggies' snout with my left hand and proceeded to eviscerate it upwards like so many thousands before him. only this time, with my blade much sharper than i'd ever been accustomed to, well you know where this is going. Slit the entire underside of my left wrist, from one end to the other.........wrist bone completly exposed. helicopter found me 1 1/2 hrs later and then the coasties got to me shortly thereafter.

long story short, after a 25 min. helicopter ride to harborview in seattle, 3 surgeons working 6 hrs. to reattach 12 tendons (3 more than the main surgeon had done in 10 years at this trauma center/hospital) and arteries and other such goodies, i'm not sure that i'll ever have use of my left hand again. the first 'coastie' to reach me didn't see me 'cuz i was down a bit in my cuddy cabin and when he saw the deck of my boat, he said, "well boys, this isn't gonna be a rescue, it's gonna be a recovery".

i spoke up with what voice i had left and said, "sorry to dissapoint, but i'm still with ya". 3 heads popped around the corner and their eyes were as big as saucers. i bled from 9:30pm until about 11pm, which was no more than 5 minutes before they located me. and yes..........i hit an artery that was squirtin' blood some 2 feet from where i was kneeling between my deck seats. my deck was totally covered in blood, my cuddy cushions were almost as bad. they stripped off my pants and shoes as they were super saturated and i've never seen them since (good riddance). the head coastie/medic said later to my wife that he had never in 25 years seen that much blood lost where the guy was alive, much less coherent. trust me......i had just reached the point like in so many movies where the "i need to call my family" line became very real and "i could give a chit about anything" attitude also kicked in right when they found me. after 'nam ('69-'71), being retired after 28 years as a LEO, i kind of knew and felt what was coming and there was no way of changing my destiny at that point. truth be told, when the chopper light hit my deck from likely some 40 yards above me, i wasn't 100% sure what bright light i was looking at......LOL. i wasn't sure that i wanted to really acknowledge that billion power candleight...LOL.

fellas...............always be careful, no matter how experienced you might be. i know no one that has spent either more time afield or on the water than myself and have always prided myself on being safe and prudent.........not so much now as i type this story one handed (btw - sorry for both the mispelling and punctuation as i'm usually a fairly easy read, but for now........not so much).

lots of physical therapy ahead and i'm gonna recover.......likely not 100%, but i'll make my left hand useful enough to get me through what years i've got left. what other choice does one have..........that makes any sense, anyway.

the next doggie i catch won't make it to within 15 feet of my boat 'cuz, given safe conditions......i'm gonna shoot his azz.......LOL

stupid..........you bet. i can own that designation as in this instance it certainly fits. i notice that most of the stories in this thread so far are a bit more humorous than mine. i offer my experience as a heads-up for those thinking that experience and/or 'time-in' somehow affords us less opportunities to screw up. Well.......yes and no. only if we stay vigilant at all times.

take care fellow members.
Whoa.. That's something I hope I'll never have to experience...
Be blessed and heal fast!

I recently "answered my phone" with my CS Spartan in an office full of ladies :eek:
Ironically, it was because I was carrying it unclipped left pocket, (where I usually carry my phone) to avoid alarming people

(I was tired and having a bad day. :eek:)

Back in the '90's I was talking with a KSP trooper in my local gunshop and found we both collected custom knives. We wound up exchanging phone numbers and later arranged to meet at his home to look at our collections.

When I arrived he introduced me to his pregnant wife who was sitting on the sofa in the living room and after all the pleasantries were exchanged we sat down and started looking at the knives. This went on for a while and then I pulled out a Bud Nealy fixed blade with one of his custom kydex sheaths. He asks me how strong the retention is on the knife and I put one hand under the handle and give it a couple of good strong shakes and the knife stays sheathed.

He nods his head in approval and asks if he can see it, so I hand it to him. In a flash he turns and slings the knife and sheath extremely hard. I watch, dumbstruck, as the knife comes out and flies across the room, past his wife and sticks perfectly square in a pillow on the opposite end of the sofa where she is sitting.

Everything is quiet for about 2 seconds and then his wife explodes! She rips him a new asshole right there in front of me, but not because he almost stuck her with the knife, it turned out the pillow was one made for her by one of her grandmothers when she was a little girl.

I felt bad about it even though I didn't do it.

Whoa.. That's something I hope I'll never have to experience...
Be blessed and heal fast!

s_f..........i appreciate the kind words and thoughts......:).

therapy is going ok, but my hand is still severely swollen, so it's tough to do my assigned excercises.

i've got advanced athiritus in that same hand, so the issues and treatment plans have to take both the injury and the athiritus into consideration, but i'm working hard at making a come back........;).

thanks again.

Tom Maringer brought a fighter in a Break-FRONT sheath with the edge coming out first to a show. I watched a man pick one up from the table and break the knife out while he had his fingers wrapped around the sheath. He managed to save the fingers but had to have all of the tendons re-attached. I think that this is the MOST stupid thing done with a knife that I have ever seen or heard of. that includes my letting a buffer snatch a dagger blade from my hands in 1966.

The other day I was cutting something out of a package and it was held in with some kind of fiber string and I had my CQC-15 with me and I decided to cut it out with that and the first mistake was cutting upwards towards myself and right as I did this I felt a sharp pain in my left index finger and when I looked at it the knife cut it pretty deep and this was because I left my finger in the way of where the blade was going and not knowing how easily it would fun ended up cutting myself. I also happened to be with my grandmother at the moment and when I asked her for a band-aid she looks at the cut noticing it has not stopped bleeding for over ten minutes and is getting all over my pants and say "you will have to wait till after dinner" and then I just bled everywhere for a while so I guess that is something stupid I have done recently.

I also happened to be with my grandmother at the moment and when I asked her for a band-aid she looks at the cut noticing it has not stopped bleeding for over ten minutes and is getting all over my pants and say "you will have to wait till after dinner"

DeadBanana.gif
jhjhbjjhbkjhkjhkjh what in the world? "you will have to wait until after dinner"?

we saw my trashcan had some cardboard in it, being bored we decided to stab it with out knives.

I was starting to get board so I decided to go get my Kershaw fillet knife and throw it at my bedroom wall for some stupid reason

Only read the end of this thread, but don't think I want to read anymore! What the hell is wrong with you guys??!! :eek:

I know this thread is a little old but I had some to share.

I was helping my dad cut a section out of a chain-link fence for a gate and we needed to make a mark where to cut but didn't have anything to mark with handy (yeah we're a couple of bright ones) so I lightly used the back edge of my knife to scratch a line. Well the second time, my dad asks for the knife and proceeds to do the same thing but with the EDGE of the blade. Oh well, he gave me the thing in the first place.

This one takes the cake. I've cut myself many times but it was when I was younger and didn't really know much better, but this one time...I was visiting my best friend in LA and had driven down with his brother and brother's family and we were staying in a nice hotel that served dinner. I was putting butter on some bread but there was no tab to peel back the top so I just stabbed though with the butter knife, no problem. The second time was a little harder so I bear down on it when the knife bursts through the top, through the bottom and into my ring finger and probably glanced off the bone. It didn't bleed a whole lot because I grabbed a napkin right away and put pressure on it while my buddy went to get a band-aid from the front desk. As I sat there holding my finger I looked down at the skewered butter packet and noticed the scored corner that you're supposed to snap off to peel the top open. Not many times have I felt stupider than that.

Back