SUBCOM Folder...on going review(s)...

Aloha Jack Black,

Eeeeeewwwwwwww...that does not look good, although it should just take a few minutes to get rid of. I beat, or had beaten the cr*p outta my SUBCOMs, and none of them got a ding on the edge like yours. However...

One of my co-worker's SUBCOM's had that happen to his because he hit a huge staple on a box, but he managed to get the edge back to "normal" with a few minutes on, believe it or not, my Spyderco White stone!;)

God bless and keep us posted!:cool:

Hi Daywalker :)

Really sorry for the slow reply, I've been away in Spain for a couple of weeks. Yeah, I don't know what happened there. I'm beginning to wish I'd fixed the problem myself as my Subcom still hasn't come back from the dealer, and I'm really missing it :( I guess these things happen from time to time, and I still love the knife and will certainly be picking up some more.

Hey, what a coincidence I just came across one of the Spyderco (pocket) white stones in a drawer! I was sent one, together with the coarser grade, years ago when they first went into production, but thought I'd lost them. Haven't used the white stone that much really, but maybe I'll play around with it a bit more, see if I can find something that isn't sharp! :)

You take care

Jack

Hi Daywalker :)

Really sorry for the slow reply, I've been away in Spain for a couple of weeks. Yeah, I don't know what happened there. I'm beginning to wish I'd fixed the problem myself as my Subcom still hasn't come back from the dealer, and I'm really missing it :( I guess these things happen from time to time, and I still love the knife and will certainly be picking up some more.

Hey, what a coincidence I just came across one of the Spyderco (pocket) white stones in a drawer! I was sent one, together with the coarser grade, years ago when they first went into production, but thought I'd lost them. Haven't used the white stone that much really, but maybe I'll play around with it a bit more, see if I can find something that isn't sharp! :)

You take care

Jack

Aloha Jack,

Sorry for MY late reply...been w/o internet for awhile, and also been flinging around inmates again...cripes...

I wonder, had you sent the knife back to Boker USA, if the turn around would have been faster?:confused: Regardless, I hope you get it back soon.

Ahhhh, Spyderco Double Stuff or something like that. I use the 701 Pro-File at home, and I keep the Sharpmaker in the car...:D

Keep us posted please and hope you enjoyed your trip to Spain!
God bless!:cool:

I got my first subcom and wanted to say how impressed I am.I have never had any use for all those little tiny "knives" you see all the time,considering them useless if not outright dangerous.I still feel that way unless it is one of Chad Los Banos' designs! The design over comes all the draw backs of a small knife and turns its' size into an advantage.This is simply the most effective design I have seen in a knive in a long time!:D

I got my first subcom and wanted to say how impressed I am.I have never had any use for all those little tiny "knives" you see all the time,considering them useless if not outright dangerous.I still feel that way unless it is one of Chad Los Banos' designs! The design over comes all the draw backs of a small knife and turns its' size into an advantage.This is simply the most effective design I have seen in a knive in a long time!:D

Aloha Tad,

Welcome aboard, and thanks for all your kind words. Yeah, the original SUBCOM F is what really "put me on the map"...And I appreciate Boker for producing it, and folks like you for keeping it the BEST selling SFV...:thumbup:

Keep us posted and God bless!:cool:

Still loving the Subclaw; great low-profile folder and backup blade, even fits in my Spec-Ops THE Wallet Jr.'s hidden pocket.

:thumbup:

Got the subcom for the holidays, my first boker knife.

At first I thought it was too small...but now that it has been in my jean's watch pocket for 3 days I'm really loving it.

It has a good frame lockup and fits my hand really well. I've used it for general around the house cutting and it works great.

I had been using a Kershaw Chive for about 5 years and I love that knife also, and the Chive is really fun to open/close with the speed assist.

Now though, the subcom is my first choice as it is so small but just as useful. I now forget it is in my pocket. Really nice design.

Hey everyone,

I picked up a Subclaw recently and was very impressed with this little knife. I have since picked up a Wharcom, Subcom and Subcom with the PS Blade.

The Subclaw was utilized for Christmas and did a bang up job with all the gifts.

I guess I should also mention that I have also recently acquired a couple Trances and a Hyper.

I must say these are very good bargains. Great designs Chad! :thumbup:

I just ordered the Subclaw and am looking forward to the US release of the Kbit.

That is the one I started with, then came the silver plain edge. The grey camo arrived last weekend and I have my eye on the tan one. That doesen't include the Hyper,Trance and Keycom I bought. Very addicting. The plus side is that these are very well made knifes at great prices, so it is one addiction that is somewhat affordable.:thumbup:

Hopefully a Subclaw observation is permissable.

Got a new Subclaw last week. I prefer convex grinds so I touched up this little guy on my charged leather pads and, voila, I have a curved razor blade.

Opened an envelope yesterday by simply slicing the end off the envelope. Unbelievable! Tried the same thing with my Emerson LaGriffe to no avail. It would crush the envelope before it cut it.

Just recieved a Subcom F great little knife,the pocket clip is extremely tight and the blade came useful sharp right out of the box. Böker Germany even added a catalog at no extra cost.

An addiction has begun :)

MAHALO MUCH you guys!!!:eek:

I am very happy to hear that you are enjoying the SFV's...and Trance's...and Hyper's...and...:eek:

For those who like the SUBCOM's, try grabbing a HYPER...kinda has the same feel only bigger of course, and one I would like to see with a WHARCOM looking blade on!!!;) It's kinda like a SUBCOM ran head on into a SUBCOM FB...end result being the HYPER.:p

God bless everyone and keep them reviews coming!!!
Chad:thumbup:

Just got my subcom Folder camo. Feels great in my hand and quite sharp.
These are neat knives!
I am gonna get a RESCOM for a buddy and a SUBCOM FB for another buddy.

The Hyper impresses me more and more as I use it! Great knife and a good compromise between a large and a small knife. Keep em coming Chad.

RKH

Hey guys, I remember seeing a pic somewhere of a subcom that had been modded with a clear plastic scale that you could put pictures under. Does anyone have any info about this or a source for suitable and durable clear plastic that could be used. I would love to have a picture of my kids on the handle of my subcom.

Thanks for any help. Heath

Hey guys, I remember seeing a pic somewhere of a subcom that had been modded with a clear plastic scale that you could put pictures under. Does anyone have any info about this or a source for suitable and durable clear plastic that could be used. I would love to have a picture of my kids on the handle of my subcom.

Thanks for any help. Heath

Aloha heathen,

The maker of that one I believe was none other than the master potterma himself! Go check out my site www.clbdesign.info and check him out under my links section, or send him an email.;)

God bless!:cool:

Back