Summer Sale

Leaning toward a Swift II. I know they had problems in the early release, but there hasn’t been much since that I’m aware of.
I literally just broke another swift lockbar spring last night. But it’s the older version without the safety lock, which supposedly has better heat treated liner.

Another one? Well that doesn’t sound good. Were they all the older style I hope?

Another one? Well that doesn’t sound good. Were they all the older style I hope?
Older style without secondary lock. This is my 3rd one. With enough cycles all of them will break eventually, and it doesn’t take long. But I’ve yet to have any of the newer version broken before, but I haven’t been carrying it enough.

When the spring breaks, does it operate like a typical tri-ad would, or is it non-functional?

When the spring breaks, does it operate like a typical tri-ad would, or is it non-functional?
It’s not the assisted spring that breaks, those are robust, it’s the lockbar spring that broke. Once it’s broken, the knife no longer locks. So it basically becomes a slip joint.

Ah, of course! I can see it now, but for some reason I had the idea it was the assist spring that was breaking. As much as I like the design of the Swift, and I really do, that is a deal breaker.

Thanks very much for the info. :thumbsup:

Since the resale value on the Swift will be crap, I guess I am going to put this into my EDC rotation, when it finally arrives. I usually try to take it easy on $120+ folders. Hopefully the problems have been resolved.

I really like the scales on the Swift. Very comfortable.

Got the Golden Eyes i ordered. Lot thinner than I thought...almost too thin. But I love the handle texture...very grippy without being too aggressive (pocket shredder).

Anybody know if the Swift 2 , ordered from Special Projects Summer Sale is the 2016 model with the safety or the older original ? :confused:

:) I'm real tempted, if I could be sure of receiving the upgraded model for ~$77 , with free shipping . :cool::thumbsup:

Received these over the weekend: Bushman 2nd and Hold Out 1.
YEvCNBL.jpg

As far as I can tell, the Bushman has a very slight bend in the blade. You have to look really hard to see it.

Does your Swift have the safety , 2016 model ?
Yes. I don't mind the switch. It is a good switch, as far as switches go. IMO, when closing the blade, it doesn't really 'feel' all the way in the handle, like a Sog Flash, or some autos.

Back