Survival concept knives !

Here is the "allround" survival knife I designed, it was built by Juergen Schanz, a fantastic german knife maker. The leather sheath is handsewn by me with 7mm sole leather and dyneema cord :thumbup:

In the pouch I keep a fire kit, sharpening stone, whistle, compass, paracord, a victorinox with folding saw and some other stuff.

4919658980_26b2721427_z.jpg

4919659450_a47ca52c2f_z.jpg

Best regards,

lightleak

Hey tknife, thanks alot!

It is my first "real" knife and I spent weeks drawing sketches, measuring and thinking about how to make it the perfect alround knife for me. I have used the knife on many trips now (I own it since two years) and it has served me extremely well, be it making feather sticks, batoning firewood, preparing food (it´s an excellent but relatively heavy kitchen knife), light chopping and so on.

Best regards,

lightleak

I'll take a standard, functional 4 to 6 inch blade any day for woods work. I'll also take my Sierra Saw, and Wetterlings belt ax.

Different strokes............. :D

then of course, there's the Jensen Elite blades... can't get them anymore, but he had a couple designs that were like a Becker Tactul bred with a WSK of some flavor.

they looked pretty neato.

Bladite

I have a thing for simple blades also. My favorite all around design is a simple straight back or drop point blade with a comfortable handle that is generously long for lots of grip options.

I just sent something like this, with some *slight* modifications, to a maker. Looks like there will be a bit of a wait but I'll be sure to put some pictures up when it becomes a real knife and not just a drawing.

DSC_3413.jpg

Lately, though, instead of any of my customs I've been carrying ESEE-3s and an Izula around, they seem to fit the bill for me quite well.

Well the Booshway might of started of as a concept but with repeated orders and this latest version from Mark it appears he has this bad boy survival knife down to an art !

Knifepictures152.jpg

Pitdog,the closest thing I have to your boozway is a blackjack Grunt. Didn't you have one of those? How does it compare?

Pitdog,the closest thing I have to your boozway is a blackjack Grunt. Didn't you have one of those? How does it compare?

I do actually buddy, that was one of the knives I used to base the dimensions on !:thumbup:

I thought so.(blind pig finds acorn). Grunt is ok design,but steel could be a lot better. It looks like you've resolved that issue though. ;) The more pics you post of it the better it looks.

Personally I've gone the complete opposite. Rather than implied functionality of curves, serrations and grind lines, I've come to largely prefer the distilled elements of a simple blade that is stout, pointy and sharp. For me this is perhaps best epitomized with the bark river aurora.

Aurora_Black_Canvas_Mattesized.jpg

-Photo used from Knivesshipfree website

Even though I don't own one of these yet the blade possess most of what I really want in a survival knife and the right size package to carry it regularly. I have some that come close to this model and are also functional but visually, the aurora does seem to satisfy the basic essence of what I want.

Wow. That is a beautiful knife. Thought I was completely sold on getting an F1, but that changes everything.

Any thoughts on which you would prefer? Fallkniven F1 or the Aurors?

Back