Survival knife-Completed-New Pics

I would like to thank you all for the interest. Here is where I'm at so far. Sorry for the long delay I have been having some medical issues and haven't been able to get in the shop.

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Just got them back from water jet and will be working them in between projects as I can, slight design change, I had to move the lashing hole at the guard due to a copyright issue. now there will be only one forward lashing hole but I don't think it spoils the design at all.

Thanks

Saw that one coming. I will forgo stating my opinion on that absurdity.
Looks like a great survival knife. Like the tip especially.

Looking good! Hope you are doing better, I'm sure you'd rather spend more time in the shop.

Oh, and a not so subtle suggestion: It isn't a "combat" knife, so tacticool stealth and camouflage are not desirable. Blue, orange, neon toxic green, or glow in the dark G10. Or a custom pattern of hi-vis colors! I'd like to be able to find the knife when the inevitable happens (I put it down rather than back in the sheath or drop it) during a bad situation. ;)

Regards,
Dave

Hello all, Sorry for the long wait. Except for sharpening I finally finished this package.

Final spec's are;

Blade; 5" x 1/4" flat ground to a convexed edge D2. Blade has a 2 1/2 " fuller.

Heat treat; Rc 59-60 by Paul Bos

Blade finish; Bead blast

Handle material; Bead blasted and fluted black linen micarta with 2 1/2 " chicago screws.

Tang; 3, 1/4 inch lashing holes with glass breaker/ pry bar butt, jimped inclined thumb rampand and recessed index finger.

OAL; 10 1/2"

Sheath; Kydex with black nylon web and YKK quick release buckle.

Thanks for Looking

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
It is a fuller, it reduces weight and maintains strength.

Really nice looking knife. Won't the fuller just be somewhere else for dirt, blood, food to accumulate though and make it harder to keep clean?

Really nice looking knife. Won't the fuller just be somewhere else for dirt, blood, food to accumulate though and make it harder to keep clean?

Thanks, I don't think it would make it much harder to clean. Reguardless, you still clean your knife before you sheath it don't you. Although I have had fellas bring knives to me for sharpening before the season with last years blood, fat and hair still on the knife.

Thanks, I don't think it would make it much harder to clean. Reguardless, you still clean your knife before you sheath it don't you. Although I have had fellas bring knives to me for sharpening before the season with last years blood, fat and hair still on the knife.

Apologies first of all, I'd only seen the earlier pics when I posted, my internet connection is playing up today (and senility doesn't help!) Again, really nice-looking knife. I always give my knife a wipe before re-sheathing and between tasks, but it IS harder to get the blade clean with a fuller, particularly in the dark. Just a thought anyway. Good luck with it, I'm sure it'll be very greatly appreciated and in demand.

Great looking blade! I have watched with anticipation and the final result is stunning! Well done.

Cheers

Aubrey

Back