• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive GSO knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told I can be a bit pedantic.

Guilty.

Having admitted to it, allow me to ask who in their right mind would do business with a company that has so many requests for refunds that they have a regularly scheduled day to issue them?

Not that they are actually giving people their money back on a regular basis but still...

I've been told I can be a bit pedantic.

Guilty.

Having admitted to it, allow me to ask who in their right mind would do business with a company that has so many requests for refunds that they have a regularly scheduled day to issue them?

Not that they are actually giving people their money back on a regular basis but still...
People that were naive or were willing to give them a chance. Big, big, mistake. Much like myself. But never again. And then their are those Survive fanboys (pretty much Survive posse that live in their sub-forum waiting to attack any frustrated customer venting off and sharing their experience) that cry foul on anything that is legitimately critical of Survive's ongoing practices.

People that were naive or were willing to give them a chance. Big, big, mistake. Much like myself. But never again. And then their are those Survive fanboys (pretty much Survive posse that live in their sub-forum waiting to attack any frustrated customer venting off and sharing their experience) that cry foul on anything that is legitimately critical of Survive's ongoing practices.
Who was attacked?

Just to let everyone know I received my refund today in my Pay Pal account, which is a lot sooner than what SK had told me which a plus. I want to say that I still love my SK knives that I own. Hopefully they are getting things turned around as I want them to succeed and I wish them the best of luck.

Just to let everyone know I received my refund today in my Pay Pal account, which is a lot sooner than what SK had told me which a plus. I want to say that I still love my SK knives that I own. Hopefully they are getting things turned around as I want them to succeed and I wish them the best of luck.
Glad to hear this. Survive obviously isn't some scammer operation. They just got in over their heads and hopefully can dig out of it and be more realistic about promised delivery times in the future.

Glad to hear this. Survive obviously isn't some scammer operation. They just got in over their heads and hopefully can dig out of it and be more realistic about promised delivery times in the future.
I disagree. They've been pulling these same shenanigans and lies for years now. If this were a custom maker, craftsman, or pimper they would have been shown the door here by now. Knowing their own problems they have not changed a bit.

Who was attacked?
I was several times and many others too. Their names appear grey because they remove you from the group. They have 3 insiders that screenshot and snitch on anything that can reveal what is going on. One only needs to see they know all the shipment dates and personal friends with the owners. People like Shawn, Micah, and Ronnie have been attacked for posting the truth. Look at the fan page. It is the same 3 that never ordered a knife directly from Survive but have 3 of them at home and run off those with true issues. Oh this is a fan page so if your not a fan then leave. Hell thousands of people are fans or they wouldn't have ordered from Survive but in the end they all got lied to not once about their order but at least once a month. Every 1st Friday update is a joke. We are working on it and it will take time to get it to you. Then an update of 2 to 3 weeks will come out saying they will be sent by years end and then next year the same statement happens do to high quality we will take our time in getting it to you. Your over a year behind on a model and you still take orders. You stop taking orders but I can place one right now for the GSO Preorder 3.5. April of 2015 and the knife still is not sent when an update said 90% of the 7/7 will be sent out in the next few weeks in Nov16. I haven't seen a batch of new knives since they moved to ID. Can't force them to post they say well they can't post what isn't shipped either. 1700 people on Facebook who follow Survive? Not a one of them have a new spec knife to post. Your telling me 1700 people were not in one of those batches that go out every week? Oh true fans will wait they say well how is it your a fan if you joined a group and 2.5 years later you still don't have a knife to be a fan of. Ask the people that have been there and they will boot you off for not being a fan. Take money in to keep the business going is one thing but to do it to a certain extent is criminal. Fire people and don't hire anyone else to help and your broke but you have money for other projects and such. I am sure that 1/2 of those 1700 wont ever order from Survive again. Hell I can get a Busse easier than a Survive Knife and other custom makers make 3V and 4V now that will do anything a Survive Knife will do. Lie upon Lie is what they do now. Monitor it closely and you will see the pattern. Why do you think they stopped the Presale to get the Preorder out and they booted people out for asking how that would help but over a year later not a single knife was made. Now it is the 2nd knives and 90 days to get it well 180 days later and most still haven't gotten theirs. Just a select few seems to be the norm. Your telling me 3 years go by and you can't get one GSO model done with or even 10 knives from 1 model done. GSO 12, 8 , 7/7, 5.1, 6.0, 3.5 not a single one is finished with. You believe the rotation lie then you'll believe anything that is to keep you guessing if your batch was done. Smoke and Mirrors is their business practice. Every single statement for the past 2 years has all been false. Nobody makes 30 false claims on accident. Lets see about this SK production lie next they announced that 5 months ago and still not a single batch of SK anything has been made.

S Sagemode I think we're talking about different things. If you have an order or refund pending, I hope you get taken care of soon.

I don't know what you're waiting on, but many new spec orders have gone out since 2015.

I tried to order every knife on the site and every SK Series, GSO Series and 2nd only have a compare option. Couldn't order any of them, except one. Only the GSO-3.5 Preorder lets you get a knife into the cart.

When I went to their website I arbitrarily picked one knife and it went into the cart (it was the GSO-3.5), took it though paypal then got sent back to survive ! for order completion and figured that's good enough for me to prove their full of it.

Pre-orders are still orders.

They want to say preorder are not presale but neither one is getting filled so if they change the name of the ordering process and take orders it is orders. A preorder for the 3.5 is a order.

S Sagemode I think we're talking about different things. If you have an order or refund pending, I hope you get taken care of soon.

I don't know what you're waiting on, but many new spec orders have gone out since 2015.
Can you give an example of new spec knives that went out in the last 2 years. I have seen none except a few 2nd 7/7 that people got. Wasn't sure if they sold the 1st 7/7 as there isn't a delivery date to people as 2nds then will get around to making a new batch of 7/7 in the future.
In on 1!

@OP: Don't expect to see that knife anytime soon, there are people that have been waiting 2+ years for their knives.

I have absolutely no proof about this so ymmv but I'm pretty sure that company is operating in the red and using current orders to fund their past orders. Even refunds take several months (and public shaming)before they are issued.
Oh we have been waiting for 3 years on some models and I have been for 2 years on the 7/7 and others on that same model April 2015.

Nothing new with lots of complaints, but there is usually a monthly announcement of how things are changing for the better.......it never does, but the announcements are nice.
I'd hate to see them go dark as a LOT of friends will be out lots of cash.
It always happens right before the new tax season. Too many have stopped ordering is why they stop taking orders. The new SK line with a within 5 day shipping launched 6 months ago hasn't produced much. They bought a Hotel before sinking money into their company after a building burned down. Sold bricks to people and now they are selling the bolts to the knives with scales. You can still order the Preorder GSO 3.5 but all the others have stopped. They always stop for a while and then announce they are taking in last order before production over and over. They most likely sell your pre-stuff as it doesn't have a delivery date then get to your knife when they feel like it. There was a time when you would get your knife in a year but towards the end of 2015 that all changed. They promised me my knife 12 months ago saying it would be 3 weeks before they mail them out and now no date of delivery in sight. That knife went on sale over 10 times with the 2nd sale and so forth. They make up names and change them to continue the flow of money. They will hint without saying that the knife is about to go into production and this is your last chance but it is a lie too. Yes there is a wait time but when you fall behind a year there is cause for concern. The repeat orders have stopped because nobody is getting their knife. Make no pun about it the few that got it are either in the loop or just leaks to keep the money train running. There model has always been 100s per batch and even on facebook you can't find 100 new blades for sale or post anywhere. Yes they can't force people to post but they always had with the past blades and the 2nd market was moving too. No it all stopped. Lets see what new business model announcement they will have next because the last 2 were completely misleading. The SK line was suppose to help speed up the GSO line and the SK line was suppose to only start after the GSO line were done. Well do I need to spell out what is happening. Nobody has gotten either model. The stop of the Presale was suppose make the Preorder sales get completed faster and allow them to work on getting orders done. A whole year later no one knife has been completed. Your telling me standards are so high that you can't take a screwdriver and put the scales on and buff the blade in a year. What about the the 7/7 are done but we are waiting on sheaths? In a few weeks they would be shipping with 90% of the preorders would be sent out in Jan of 2017 for the 7/7 but here we are 2018 is coming and not a single 7/7 1st has been sent out but people get the 2nds with no defects sent to them. As I said before a few missed deadlines could be understood but mix that with 10 missed deadlines and continuous taking of orders on all models and complete new line of knives and the constant lies tell me no more. I guess they took the time and saw that if you go bankrupt and took orders up until the time of shutting it down then that would show criminal intent. Any DA in any state where a customer was ripped off can file felony charges and prove intent because of the shear volume of lies. If you are not criminal ponzi company then get the knives to the people that paid for them. I think this is the reason for going dark.

So I ordered and paid for a GSO 12 on 2/15/2016. According to the email I just got, they are in production. Could it be that I may get my knife this year? OR is this just more BS?
You wont get it this year and most likely you wont get it next year either. When they told me 2-3 weeks before they ship it has now been 12 months since they said that with no time of delivery.

I disagree. They've been pulling these same shenanigans and lies for years now. If this were a custom maker, craftsman, or pimper they would have been shown the door here by now. Knowing their own problems they have not changed a bit.
They have scamming to an art form. Slow the refunds down long enough to give hope the company is still afloat. Leak out just a few knives to seem like people are about to get them. Come up with new models to keep people sending money in. This latest of not taking orders is false but wait for it right before they need shipping money or they go under they will say the new plan worked and you have until midnight to lock in your order to squeeze $$$$ from people. Sell off your order under a different name with false updates about your 1st order in hopes of getting more $$$. You can't make it up. It is by design. I wonder if they sold a knife to any in LEO or States' Attorney that see what we are seeing?

So, if all this has been going on and it looks bad, why are they allowed to have their open forum and everything there looks nice and happy, why has it not been shut down?

So, if all this has been going on and it looks bad, why are they allowed to have their open forum and everything there looks nice and happy, why has it not been shut down?
That is a very good question. Look at your situation with Shepard. He did a very similar thing but on a much smaller scale and over a less amount of time. I would argue his horrible business practices aren't as bad as what survive does. He got the boot.

yeah, seems like a double standard. I have been waiting a year for my knife and I know others have waited longer. My knife was quite expensive compared to others before it. Not sure I like that fact that they have held that much of my money for a year. I think I am going to ask for a refund from them

Actually my order was 2/2016, so it has been 20 months. Unacceptable!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back