Swamp Muk

No doubt I will be dressing leather for those when/if they come out with one. :)

When~! Not If!

Git R Done! :D

This is a thread worth bumping! The scrap muk was a bit disappointing in 154. I was really hoping for sr101.

The hog muk is very cool in infi.

SR101 would be the ideal steel for a muk in my opinion... But still, the Rats languish without a muck.

Am I the only one that feels like a red-headed step child here? :confused:

. :D

I'd buy one in elmax. This is the kind of knife that will be used for food prep and food processing(butchering). No coating on this one please.

This is a thread worth bumping! The scrap muk was a bit disappointing in 154. I was really hoping for sr101.

The hog muk is very cool in infi.

SR101 would be the ideal steel for a muk in my opinion... But still, the Rats languish without a muck.

Am I the only one that feels like a red-headed step child here? :confused:

. :D

:D A Muk in SR101 would be soooon sweet! Looks like there is enough interest!

Elmax would be nice, but high carbon gets my vote.

infi or SR101 not coated wouds be great too. Rust don't scare me. If your knives get rusty it's your fault for not using them.
:D A Muk in SR101 would be soooon sweet! Looks like there is enough interest!

Elmax would be nice, but high carbon gets my vote.

infi or SR101 not coated wouds be great too. Rust don't scare me. If your knives get rusty it's your fault for not using them.
I firmly agree with that sentiment, I've been a carbon steel fan since I was a kid. Heck, even my pocket slippie is high carbon. A nice dark patina from this awful hot weather.
Bow drill divot in the handle? Eh?

~Zim

I've always wanted to try one, my RC-5 has one of those. Nifty little addition.

Nope, just cant let this one go, the Swamp needs a Muk too!!!!

Regarding the bow-drill divot, I've never tried but wonder if the regular brass-tubed holes would suffice. Instead of a dome'd end to the drill, you carve it into a cone that seats into the brass tube and have at it - the brass should reduce friction as well. Anybody ever try this?

I would definitely be happy to add a Muk in SR101 to my collection of user knives.

Muk! Its what we need!

Something to skin those swamp critters! :D

HD's suggestion for Elmax is intriguing! I haven't thought about that...

I used my EXMAX SYKKO 460 extensively tonight. It sliced onion and avocado flawlessly with no noticeable edge degradation or damage. Skirt-steak was sliced without any major blade failure. :) I suppose I could push it further in the future... :D

But my vote still goes for the 52100. It's an awesome and proven steel. It will rust... but rust never killed anyone.

I have a Hog Muk, and i've seen the Scrap muk... how would a Swamp Muk differ from those?

My hog muk is my favorite small fixed blade hands down

Back