• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Swamp Rat Customer Service

Again I apologize for my complaing, Just stressed out about this whole process, sorry Josh and Swamp rat. and thank you for the knives.

Never had any issues with CS from any of the three companies, but I was displeased with swamprat's position on warranty policy, after contacting them with a question. They didn't seem very interested in working with me--I just wanted to rehandle a knife, that was ALREADY skeletonized from the shop...they informed me that if I did, they wouldnt warranty the blade--not sure how putting handles on a knife would affect the heat treat of a blade, especiually if I'm not letting the knife get hot lol.
We offer a better warranty than Busse, we allow you to write your own warranty. If you think it should be covered it is. (except coating wear)
It's okay, I like to make things up too...

Wow, I've never heard that before about the Swamp Warranty. How long ago did Eric make that statment?

It also seems that the Busse Combat Warranty is becoming more rigid as Jerry once claimed to have never refused warranty repair/replacement. A member here had recently sharpened his TGLB edge too thin at the tip and broke the tip off while stabbing something. He inquired about repair under warranty and they refused to cover the damage as it was deemed that his modification of the edge caused the damage. I'm not disagreeing with this assessment, but merely stating that it seems Busse Knife Group is tightening up their warranty services.

The only true no questions asked warranty is offered by ESEE. However I have complete confidence in Josh and the Swamp crew to take the up most care of there customers. While I am sure they get behind on orders Josh is a straight shooter and you can take his word to the bank in my book.

I run a non profit rescue center for unwanted Swamp Rat knives and i will be happy to take these precious knives in and give them the love they deserve.:) Just remember this.... there is no bad Swamp Rat knives....just bad owners.:):p Simply put, don't waste time crying over spilled milk and call the folks and cancel your orders and move on. Some have had bad experiences with SRKW and some have not, but the good experiences out weigh the bad and that will keep me coming back to purchase a "bang for the buck" knife. Sometimes all you have to do is watch the exchange and most of the blades you guys are mad about popup on the reg.. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here just giving my 2cents.

Yea i got no problems with the swamps customer service. ordered a regular rmd cg and the wait was 3 weeks until it was in my hands. ordered a custom shop and the wait is 8-10. neither is a problem for me. asked scrapyard how long the wait was for just a scrapivore and was told a month to 16 weeks. 16 weeks is crazy i think for such a small knife but there is always second market available if you need it and dont care to wait. Both companies replied to my messages quikly and explained how long the wait would be. The people seem friendly and honest.

I'm sure the Busse Knife Group customer service department will turn this around, especially since this much attention is being brought to it.

Doubt it. Pretty sure Jerry does it on purpose. They could easily hire a few people to deal with additional demand but its been going for a while and wait times only gotten worse.

I was talking about the lack of response by the customer service people. Sorry for the confusion.

I waited over 3 months for a 1311 with no indication of shipping date and I was hopping to order a couple Rhawks from the swamp lately but I'm concerned about the wait time also!
don't want them by next winter!

Its all good....(original comment removed by me...to long winded)
I hope Swamp Rat comes through for you all that are unhappy...
I am looking forward to some stuff coming up in the "SWAMP"

Last edited:
Never had any issues with CS from any of the three companies, but I was displeased with swamprat's position on warranty policy, after contacting them with a question. They didn't seem very interested in working with me--I just wanted to rehandle a knife, that was ALREADY skeletonized from the shop...they informed me that if I did, they wouldnt warranty the blade--not sure how putting handles on a knife would affect the heat treat of a blade, especiually if I'm not letting the knife get hot lol.

Wow. What a joke :rolleyes:

Wow, I've never heard that before about the Swamp Warranty. How long ago did Eric make that statment?

It also seems that the Busse Combat Warranty is becoming more rigid as Jerry once claimed to have never refused warranty repair/replacement. A member here had recently sharpened his TGLB edge too thin at the tip and broke the tip off while stabbing something. He inquired about repair under warranty and they refused to cover the damage as it was deemed that his modification of the edge caused the damage. I'm not disagreeing with this assessment, but merely stating that it seems Busse Knife Group is tightening up their warranty services.

That warranty was put in place when there were less stupid people buying Busse knives.

i am an idiot.

i only carry swamp rat knives. I believe i may be the only person to have worn a rat trap out. they have my business

So earlier buyers were less stupid than current buyers?

I should've been clearer...

For the sake of the argument, lets say 1 out of 10 people are stupid. And let's assume when Busse first laid out their unconditional warranty they sold 500 knives a year. That's 50 stupid people which is a manageable amount of stupidity. But Busse sells a lot more knives now than they did then, lets say they sell 5000 knives a year now. That's 500 stupid people doing stupid things to their product, that's a lot of dumb stuff going down. See where I am going with this?

I should've been clearer...

For the sake of the argument, lets say 1 out of 10 people are stupid. And let's assume when Busse first laid out their unconditional warranty they sold 500 knives a year. That's 50 stupid people which is a manageable amount of stupidity. But Busse sells a lot more knives now than they did then, lets say they sell 5000 knives a year now. That's 500 stupid people doing stupid things to their product, that's a lot of dumb stuff going down. See where I am going with this?

Yes. Fewer stupid people before in absolute terms.

Back