Swamp Rats!!!!. . . . Help Design And Win A Free Knife!!!!!!

bandicoot blade with rat hunter handle...that would be a wicked little blade

How about a small double bit camping axe. Kinda like the battle axe, but with the cutting edge on each side. I would like it 1/4 thick. This would aid in momentium and deepness of cut. It would make the ultimate camping axe, and with swamp rat quality and flexibility in the steel, would make it one of the toughest ever. You could have a nice long handle and make it in smooth micarta so it would be comfortable in the hands while doing extended chopping.

Another one...

Howling Rat, generation 1 choil, 1"-2"more blade

Did swamp-rat make a BM-e yet? I would think that would fill a nice big void in the market if produced along the same lines as the BUSSE branded one.

The ratmastiff chopper has a blade profile somewhat similar to the bm-e, but I don't think it was actually ever produced, just a tease...

Rat20Mastiff20Chopper.jpg

double-cut, drop point, hollow handled chopper with a workable saw spine and survival sheath...not sure how to do it, that's your job! :)
oooor, maybe a fulltang with hollow-handle-like slabs that come off for storage :)

Last edited:
A re-release of the Camp Tramp...Hard to beat perfection and you would sell a ton of them...

Are you guys done accepting ideas? When we gonna hear from the teams??

A Vex with a blade 3 inches or so longer and proportionally taller would make one hell of a kitchen knife. Depending on how you handle the spine and belly it could come out like a santoku or a European chef's knife. In fact you could make a whole line of Vex-inspired kitchen knives.

A Ratmandu with a satin finish and hand-contoured magnum slabs. Keep the choil, I like it. :eek: SR101 or Infi, either would be good.

Something similar to an Active Duty, but with a Scandi grind. Maybe an inch more blade length, and take the beak off the butt of the handle (that really only belongs on big knives). An option, you could grind away the guard in the same way that the Game Warden was turned into the Hack.

A Howling Rat with no choil (maybe just a really small notch) and a full-height convex grind. You can tinker with the blade length, it might need about another 3/4".

Re-release Paul's Hatchet, but with a Nuclear Meltdown treatment. THAT would feel nice in the hand.

A small (2 finger grip) knife, something in the same size class as the Atwood Skeeter. Would make a great inexpensive knife for people who otherwise couldn't afford Infi. Would be an excellent knife in SR101 or 154CM, too.

An Infi throwing knife. With Infi's ductility, you could even put an edge on it.

A Game Warden-based design with a half-inch more blade length, minimal guard, *very* small sharpening notch and a full-height convex grind.

(I'm intrigued by what a Busse with a full height convex would be like, but I'm not sure what the best size/length/platform would be.)

-An overall size and grips from the Straight Handled Badger Attacks.
-A blade shape similar to the Satin Jack Tactical without the choil.
-A stock thickness of 0.20 - 0.22"
-Nuclear Meltdown rounded spine and most exposed edges, talon hole, etc.
-A butt with a flattened, integrated oval dropping to the bird's beak and including a spike/pry bar that can also act as a skull crusher.
-The curve of the spine leading into a blade catch like on the MoFo but with a sharpened inside radius to serve as a seat belt or strap cutter while the blade is still sheathed.
-The upper guard/blade catch/strap cutter will line up diagonally with talon hole forming a 'S', similar to the forward curve of the TAC scales.
-The plunge line will have a pronounced forward curve as seen on Steel Heart I or HG-55 cg.
-The plunge line will flow forward into a saber grind with a flat for the Busse Combat logo but with the edges curved to fit the overall convexed profile, extending a vertically narrowing full stock thickness to almost the tip.
-Below this saber area the blade will have the corrigated bevel treatment to reduce weight but retain rigidity and strength, similar to the HG-55 cg, but more curvy to flow better with the plunge line.
-A reinforced tip like the military overrun HG55 (but with the SJ TAC tip shape) flowing from the saber-ish treatment below and flowing into the rounded spine.
-Green and Black G10 scales. Carbon fiber would be cool though.
-The spine flowing into the tip with a 'penatrater' treatment or a sharpened swedge, ideally under 1/2".

Thanks,
Toast

Swamp Rat - Meat cleaver, Something beastly for use outdoors chopping down small trees and quartering game but also comfortable in the kitchen fixing dinner

Busse - Bolo Basic 9, make this with a symmetrical convex edge and this would be a magnificent chopper hands down

Scrap Yard - Skelly/Swamp Warden, with the skeletonized handle with a bit of rubber grip this would be a versatile knife capable of use on the water or cleaning up after the hunt

Alright, here's my last one. My in car knife is a RC3 with pointed pommel and I think we need a similar Rat. Like a Howling Rat LM, narrower blade, reshaped butt for a pommel better able to break glass

Back