Swiss Army Knife GAW - WINNER ANNOUNCED

I'm in - Thanks! How about photography for my additional hobby..

5989958-lg.jpg

10151150-lg.jpg

Not an entry.

But this is a testimonial to the quality of the knife leghog is generously offering! :thumbup: The first gift I ever received from a Blade Forums member was a Vic Electrician from gregc; I was totally perplexed and ultimately astounded and grateful that a total stranger would offer me such a fantastic knife simply because I expressed my admiration for it! :eek::confused::cool: It arrived the same day I was prepping for a colonoscopy, and was a welcome distraction from that unpleasant task. I've carried it every day since then except for a trip to Spain when I didn't want to risk losing the knife to TSA, baggage handlers, etc. Here's a photo of mine taken on the dock of a place on Lake Huron in Michigan's Upper Peninsula where we've spent a week or two each summer for over 25 years. That vacation is a passion of mine to which I look forward all year long!
MRhySLH.jpg

I also enjoy sports (basketball a couple of times a week, strength training 2-3 times per week, a church softball league each summer). My participation used to be purely for fun, enjoyment, and relaxation. Now it has become a desperate, yet ultimately futile, attempt to keep body and soul together! :rolleyes: Here's the only photo I can find that's a relevant; it's a low-quality pic of a softball team from about 5 years ago (I'm at lower right):
TAFr2Uq.jpg

Thanks for your generous GAW, leghog, and best wishes to all the entrants! :thumbup: Whoever is the lucky winner is gonna get a top-shelf SAK! :D

- GT

The Electrician is the only other full-sized SAK I was considering besides the Pioneer X. Since Ken (Itsasportsbar) was so incredibly generous as to send me an alox Classic which immediately took up residence on my keychain, the need for a scissor on a big SAK has become secondary. The Electrician has that interesting sheepsfoot/stripper blade I've always liked and it seems like it could kick a stockman out of my pocket. So I'm in with thanks to leghog for his generosity and an excellent GAW theme!

I mentioned this before, but one of my favorite hobbies besides collecting knives is target shooting. The pictured Sig Sauer P220 is my latest acquisition and it is far and away the most accurate handgun I own.

Nice giveaway, Leghog! I've been curious about the SAK Electrician, but I've never owned one.

I always enjoyed spending time outdoors back when we lived in Arkansas, camping, hiking, fishing, etc. Don't do it nearly as much out here in Arizona (there are certainly some scenic outdoor spots out here, but it's far too sunny for my liking. I much prefer somewhere with trees and shade.)

I do still get out to do a little shooting from time to time. Often just plinking with .22s...

C371DD62-4398-447D-81FB-A524A3639B3E.jpg

...sometimes a little more than a .22. :D

9AB64840-EFDD-431E-B0C4-B3D544431204.jpg

I'm in. Cheers.
this is Boris.
Central Australian carpet python.
He'll be about 8ft when full grown.
20160426_140139_zps3lst36n0.jpg

Please,
I'm in......that knife I've never even seen! Looks likt the perfect edc knif.
Jim

That is an awesome knife, I'd love to be in on this! Thank you very much!

When I'm not sharpening knives I love spending time at my cabin with my family:

I love to fish, hunt, hike, and shoot. I broke in my new Howa this weekend:

We are very blessed to be on a Blue Ribbon trout River:

With some really fun trout:

Great gaw, thank you! I am passionate about grilling and bbq, some pork ribs from last year (I think):

And I love going to the Kansas City Chiefs games, this one was in the pouring rain last December:

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the giveaway sir, please count me in! I've wanted to try an electrician for a while!

Please include me. Here is a pic that illustrates my lifelong passion, riding motorbikes to out-of-the-way places.

Hey, me too! Family obligations have kept me off the bike mostly for the past couple of years, but I still get out occasionally ~ these days I'm mostly relegated to quick fishing trips and overnight backpacking trips with the kiddos ~

P1010183-L.jpg

CopperBasin-L.jpg

P1010255-L.jpg

I've always wanted an Electrician's SAK especially considerin' how I worked as a Tradesman most of my life. Thanks for the opportunity to benefit from your generosity and good luck to everyone.

Besides knives ridin' my motorcycles is my next favorite along with antiques, toys, tools pretty much anything old I like. ;) :)

054-1.jpg

Thanks Leghog I'm in. I love knives but also love guitars and playing music.

qNQlEGS.jpg

e5Nl2ou.jpg

epN5wD5.jpg

Never had an alox, thank you for the opportunity. Bike riding, knives, oval at XV and the great eastern plain (no place for the fishing pole).
Vezio1.jpg

Count me in! I have long lusted after an electrician but unfortunately there isn't a ton of spending money these days so new knives are on the back burner. Good luck to everyone!

One of my hobbies is rescuing old axe heads, hammer heads, files and other tools from scrap bins, farm yards, reconditioning them into beautifully functional pieces. Rust removal, re handling, re machining, re grinding or straightening, I like to bring new life out of dilapidated barn finds. If I remember correctly, this axe head came from a steel scrap bin. It now sits on an ash handle I carved with some draw knives and a spoke shave, also reconditioned. Swing nicely and bites deeply.
12471493_10153217070031540_6726111810744918387_o.jpg

Back